Who is going to be in the WORLD for MARDI GRAS?

My LSU tie dye mickey

553683FC-C200-4436-8C4C-F119B119346E-1001-00000077694CB7EC.jpg

This will be our 3rd year at POP for Mardi Gras.

Viator80--LOVE the shirt. Great job!

We will be at BWV Feb 8th-16th :cool1:. I really wish I knew now how the weather so going to be so I can start packing soon. It's so unpredictable that time of year :confused:. Hoping for a great trip :goodvibes. I love,love,love those tie-dyed shirts :love:

We will be coming from St. Bernard and staying at POFQ on February 8-17, 2013! :cool1:

RonNic - we are from St Bernard but now we live in Pearl River since Katrina.

Sassy2000- how is Disney at this time of the year? Last time we were there for Mardi Gras was 2006. I recall it being crowded. How is the weather?

I think how crowded Disney is during Mardi Gras really depends on when Mardi Gras falls. Outside of Lousiana and some parts of Mississippi and Alabama, students typically do not have off for Mardi Gras and the holiday is more or less a non event. So Mardi Gras in itself typically will not have as big an impact on crowds as Presidents Day, Spring Break, etc.

This year with Mardi Gras falling the week before Presidents Day it will likely be less crowded early in the week but get crowded by Thursday/Friday when people start arriving for the Presidents Day weekend.

We will be there with a large party in tow! I think we have a total of 14! We also have extended family that will be there at same time as us, so that's 5 more. And my SIL and her family of 4 are thinking about joining us as well!

I imagine there will be lots of people from our area at DW during Mardi Gras. Hoping for good weather and a great trip!

We'll be there Feb 9 - 16. This is our third trip during Mardi Gras. We usually didn't find the parks too crowded. Very enjoyable weather; start the morning with a Saints or LSU sweatshirt, but put it in the backpack by the afternoon.

P.S. - love the shirt!!!

KorbensMomma said:
When do you consider it Madi Gras? Our parades started last weekend.

Sorry can't seem to type today and haven't figured the Dis phone app out yet so I don't know how to edit.

It should have said When do you consider it Mardi Gras?

We will be there Feb 7th-13th @ Coronado Springs...2nd trip for son #1, 1st trip for son #2!

Cant wait...I too wish we knew what the weather would be like...

I had looked into going during Mardi Gras I didn't however know it was Mardi Gras!! I couldn't find ANY Value rooms AT ALL!! So I called and the lady on the phone was at a loss as well. I looked at a calendar and said the only thing was Mardi Gras and she says That's it!! I was like really? She said yes everyone from New Orleans comes to Disney!! LOL So the answer to your question is pretty much everyone will be at Disney during Mardi Gras Except me ;) Hope you all have the best time there!!

I think how crowded Disney is during Mardi Gras really depends on when Mardi Gras falls. Outside of Lousiana and some parts of Mississippi and Alabama, students typically do not have off for Mardi Gras and the holiday is more or less a non event. So Mardi Gras in itself typically will not have as big an impact on crowds as Presidents Day, Spring Break, etc.

This year with Mardi Gras falling the week before Presidents Day it will likely be less crowded early in the week but get crowded by Thursday/Friday when people start arriving for the Presidents Day weekend.

Exactly!! You have to make sure MG does not fall during President Week and this year is a GREAT time to be there for MG I think crowds will be very low. This will be our 5th time going the 2nd week of February and have always been happy with the non-existent lines.

The weather however, can be all over the place temperature-wise. 2 years ago was record-breaking, The Weather Channel reporting, OMG-save-the-orange-crops COLD! When I got in my car some mornings, the digital temp gauge said ICE. We were miserable. I will wait and pack about 2 days prior after closely monitoring the weather forecast.

We will be at POR Feb 6-13 celebrating my girls birthday the 7th :goodvibes

Be sure to find the Dis Board February Facebook page!

We will be at Pop from the 9th - 16th. DH turns 40 on our trip. We booked this trip to get away from dealing with the flooding of our house from Hurricane Issac. The family is really looking forward to getting away! We will have our Saints gear and Mardi Gras colors

I see everyone posting where they are staying. I should have added that to my first post. Some of our group, us included, will be at WL. My SIL will be at POR, cousins staying at AoA, and SIL who is considering coming wants to stay at AKL. So we are all over the place. Each family picked their favorite resort so everyone is happy!

We will also be there for my oldest son's 13th Birthday on Feb. 11th! The day before Mardi Gras! My lucky kids have birthdays in Feb. and March so they pretty much take turns having their birthdays around Mardi Gras. We've done Disney for oldest son's birthday and MG a couple of times already, did Disney for MG 2011 when youngest son turned 9 the day after, and next year youngest son's birthday falls the Sunday following MG so I guess we'll be headed back to Disney for MG and another birthday celebration!

This will be our 3rd or 4th Mardi Gras and we've never found the crowds to be too bad. It's been a little less crowded than summer or Thanksgiving from our experience. Weather is all over the place, but usually perfect park weather for 95% of the trip, with a cold day or two here and there. Can't wait!!!

Korbensmomma - Mardi Gras begins two weeks prior to Fat Tuesday(Feb12). This year parades will start three weeks before because of the Super Bowl. Super Bowl weekend there will be no parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter