• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

Ivan Frick (Hungary), Palo: On vacation

We had Ivan at Palo last April. He was a top notch server. We are going again April 13th and we are hoping we get him again.

1/14/12 UPDATE:

Ciao Romano (Phillipines), Palo & Main Dining Rooms: Contract extended through March 2013

Ivan Frick (Hungary), Palo: On vacation

Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), Main Dining Rooms: Soon to be promoted from Assistant Server to Server

Can i ask exactly what it was about Rado that impressed you so much? You mention him quite often in this thread.

Thanks

Our servers on The Fantasy April 2012 were Lucianna and Ariez. They were awesome. Ariez really paid attention to the kids. She cut our daughters steak and had a drink waiting for her when we arrived for dinner.

We requested them again this April but Ariez is now partners with Lucianna's husband.

How can I find out if a specific Chef is on the Fantasy? He was our head chef Cabanas on the Dream and his name is Alwyn.

Just got off the Dream last week and -

Alex Ocampo was our server - he's the best - his recommendations are always wonderful and he likes to see everyone happy!

Duan was his assistant and such a sweet girl and very attentive!

Natalie Bailey was the Cruise Director and we were so happy to see her again in her new position - a very thoughtful person!

And, altho I haven't seen him in quite some time, I love Sampong aka "Sammy" from Thailand on the Magic - always a lovable server and great at his job!

And altho I've never had him as a server, Rodel, was a wonderful assistant with a great smile!

One of our favorites was on the Magic, on our first cruise. i only know his first name, though. Samir or Sameer...anyone know if he might still be working on DCL? This was waaay back in October 2006. He & Malwynn did an outstanding job! It is hard for anyone to surpass them.

I love this thread......

I have had some awesome cast members!!!

First and for most my nephew who is a performer on the Magic and 2012 on the Wonder.

Natalie from Chile ( magic 2006)
2008 I forget =(
Daniel J. From Hungary--- server(magic 2009)
Miladin (wonder2012)server
Giuseppe ( magic 2013-just went on vacation mid Feb)
Tisa-- entertainment(magic 2013)

Clayton,Peter ,Christian,Jimmy --- awesome cruise directors
Ok who knows the I'm on vacation dance and which cruise director that is?? =)

Those are just a few of our favorites.

I can't wait to ask this thread again about some good fantasy servers as it gets closer to December as I will be sailing the week before Christmas!!!

We were forced to leave the Wonder a few weeks ago... After 9 days on board I thought maybe they'd grown to love us as much as we love them! But no such luck!
We had some amazing experiences this cruise.
Our stateroom host, Dean from the Philippines was the best SH we've ever had.
Our server the first week, Putu Putra was amazing. Funny and loved to stump the kids with crazy puzzles.
Our server the second week was Mindagaus from Lithuania. He was on the quieter side but I think he was hiding a very sarcastic wit because it came out a few times and we LOVED to hear his witty comments!
In Palo we had Mladen from Serbia all 3 times we went. He is an absolutely great guy and we miss him dearly. I HIGHLY recommend him.
And my friend Tumi from South Africa ( he's a server but wasn't on our rotation) was onboard as well- we visited with him every day and had a great time swapping stories of our lives since we saw him on our last cruise.
If you are lucky enough to have any of these guys help you in any way on your Wonder cruise you will have an amazing time!

I love this thread......

I have had some awesome cast members!!!

Clayton,Peter ,Christian,Jimmy --- awesome cruise directors
Ok who knows the I'm on vacation dance and which cruise director that is?? =)

I know the I'm on vacation dance:banana:.....and that would be Clayton who is famous for that! :dancer:

anyone on the Fantasy lately?? looking for a girl from England named Nikki....thick english accent....she worked in the BBB when we sailed in August...her and my 9YO daughter really hit if off...my daughter made us go back the final night so she could say "goodbye"...would love to have my daughter see her again this August...

Daniel J. From Hungary--- server(magic 2009)

I can't wait to ask this thread again about some good fantasy servers as it gets closer to December as I will be sailing the week before Christmas!!!

Daniel Javor moved to the Dream in 2011, then to the Maiden Fantasy (March 2012). Daniel left DCL in the summer of 2012, and is now working as a Manager at a Marriott in his home country of Hungary ... I believe it is in / near Budapest.

For December, you may want to check back in the summer to early fall. I know there are a few other looking for excellent servers for the Fantasy in December. In the interim, I would suggest the following Fantasy servers:

Main Dining Room -
*Rado Hristev (Bulgaria) - server
Nikola Stakic (Serbia) - server

Palo -*Ivan Frick (Hungary)

Remy - Yannick (France)

*Rado and Ivan are among my top 3 favorite servers of all time ... which spans nearly 20 years of cruising.

As of March 2013, the aforementioned servers were either currently on the Fantasy, or expected to return from vacation within the next few months. Generally, servers and assistant servers are paired up by DCL ... so it's best to only request them separately. By that, I mean, do not request "Jack and Jeremy", rather, request as follows:
1) First request: Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), server.
2) Second request: If request #1 is not possible, I would request Nikola Stakic (Serbia), server.

You may make as many requests as you like, but I would not make more than 2 or 3 requests for the main dining room. For a Palo or Remy server, you do not need to request them in advance (since these bookings are generally made online). However, when you board the ship, ask where you can go to request / confirm a Palo / Remy server (these locations can change from time to time).

I'd like to ask everyone to do something very important. When you are impressed with the service of a DCL server ... PLEASE write down their FIRST AND LAST NAMES, as well as their HOME COUNTRY (ask, they'll usually be happy to answer - they will likely figure you want their information for the ship's survey). You may also want to ask if they would care to share (approximately) when they will be on vacation, and when they expect to return. Most servers realize why you may ask ... if they hesitate ... just tell them you'd like to recommend them to other fellow cruisers. When you return from your cruise, please remember to share the names and home country(ies) of those fabulous DCL servers!

Steven

Daniel Javor moved to the Dream in 2011, then to the Maiden Fantasy (March 2012). Daniel left DCL in the summer of 2012, and is now working as a Manager at a Marriott in his home country of Hungary ... I believe it is in / near Budapest.

For December, you may want to check back in the summer to early fall. I know there are a few other looking for excellent servers for the Fantasy in December. In the interim, I would suggest the following Fantasy servers:

Main Dining Room -
*Rado Hristev (Bulgaria) - server
Nikola Stakic (Serbia) - server

Palo -*Ivan Frick (Hungary)

Remy - Yannick (France)

*Rado and Ivan are among my top 3 favorite servers of all time ... which spans nearly 20 years of cruising.

As of March 2013, the aforementioned servers were either currently on the Fantasy, or expected to return from vacation within the next few months. Generally, servers and assistant servers are paired up by DCL ... so it's best to only request them separately. By that, I mean, do not request "Jack and Jeremy", rather, request as follows:
1) First request: Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), server.
2) Second request: If request #1 is not possible, I would request Nikola Stakic (Serbia), server.

Steven

I knew Daniel was off. We actually keep in contact with him. We have had some fabulous servers and never have been disappointed BUT Daniel has definately been our FAV!!! My kids love him so. We were said that he has left DCL. Thanks for the recommendations. I can't wait to get back onboard!!!!

Anyone see Ronald Corpuz(Phillipines) or Sammy(Sompong Pooncharoensuk - Thialand) lately? If so what ship? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter