Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

4/22 Mexican Riviera Wonder
Stateroom Host: Eric Loila, super great, always said hello and remembered my name from day one. I saw him on his hand and knees scrubbing bathroom floors, he was superb.

Englebert Souza: India: Server, fun magic tricks and pretended to spill a drink on my wife several times which had the table howling in laughter as she jumped out of her seat. When my wife wasnt feeling well, he insisted I pick and entree for her, which I did, and he had it brought up to our room, free of course. Awesome!

Fiona, Englad, cruise staff: For some reason we just ran into her everywhere and chatted over and over, she is what I call a "real shaped" woman (my fav!), not a size zero stick, but is up there dancing during sail away and PITC party, always with a smile. She also ran Mickey Mania too.

I got some crap on here for asking so many times what server / assitant to request, well, it paid off, I had the all star team!

Englebert was our Head Server on our August Alaska cruise. Great guy! And we saw Fiona quite a bit also. She was a lot of fun!

Disney Wonder:

Palo server: Mariana (from Argentina)
DR servers: Eddie (From Thailand) and Raka (From India)
Entertainment staff: Sophie

We are sailing on the Magic in March and hoping they might have transferred! :)

everythingdisneyfan1 said:
Disney Wonder:

Palo server: Mariana (from Argentina)
DR servers: Eddie (From Thailand) and Raka (From India)
Entertainment staff: Sophie

We are sailing on the Magic in March and hoping they might have transferred! :)

Im pretty sure Sophie is staying on the Wonder.... We met her on her 3rd week on board last January and have kept in touch. What a sweet girl :) She has a special someone joining her on board for a week in Feb so I know she'll still be there until at least Mid February when we cruise.

We actually chose to cruise on the Wonder again just so we can see a few very sweet people again. Sophie, Charlotte (who was on the Fantasy as club host for 2 months and after vacation will be back on the Wonder), Selcuk (back from vacation Jan 10), and Yusef and Vladimir.
If any of you meet any of these folks consider yourself very lucky- they are dome of the sweetest people I know!

That reminds of of a time when we had 25 exchange students in Philadelphia (from the UK). The UK does not have the same junk food we have ... and they were BEGGING for Oreo cookies. I asked them ... "what kind?" They looked at me like I had two heads. They only knew of one variety. So, I told them of mint filled, orange filled, double creme, fudge covered (etc). They did not believe me, so I took them to the local grocery store. I swear, they were praying in the junk food aisle!

:rotfl2:! Cute story!

Does anyone know "Helen" from Kenya (assistant server on the Wonder)? She was on the Wonder in July 2012. Her head server is Roy and she works with Heru from Indonesia.

My daughter would like to write to her but we don't know her last name. Do I need to know her last name in order to write to her?

Thanks.

I always suggest guests retain their gratuity receipts, so you get the full name with correct spelling. Knowing which country they are from is also a help.

If you knew the either the last name, DCL Guest Communications would likely be able to help. If you know their country, shipboard personnel would like be able to help. My suggestion would be to write the letter as intended, but send the letter to the ship's Restaurant Manager - including a note of when you sailed (including your table #, DCL reservation #, DCL cruise # or folio number if known. The Restaurant Manager should be in a position to get the mail to the intended recipient ... assuming they are still on the ship.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910548

Steven

Also, does anyone have recommendations for a great server team (Head Server & Server) for the Magic?

We're doing the Med on June 1, 2012 with a family of 9 and have food allergies. It'd be great to get a good team who is really "on" it. We like people who don't mind it when we order lots of food :laughing: My family literally cruises for food first, ports second. Thanks!

In this case, your best best would be to seek an extremely attentive HEAD Server. If you do not get names from this board, write to the HOTEL MANAGER (who is above ALL Restaurant Managers) ... explain the situation ... ask if they could pair you up with an appropriate Head Server. The Restaurant Manager will likely indicate all are great ... but should be able to assist in some way or another.

Steven

In this case, your best best would be to seek an extremely attentive HEAD Server. If you do not get names from this board, write to the HOTEL MANAGER (who is above ALL Restaurant Managers) ... explain the situation ... ask if they could pair you up with an appropriate Head Server. The Restaurant Manager will likely indicate all are great ... but should be able to assist in some way or another.

Steven

Thanks for this tip! What a great idea. We met and spoke to the hotel manager on the July 2012 Alaska cruise and he WAS really great. I'll follow your advice on writing to him for the Magic, thanks.

Gabor Nemeth is sadly no longer with DCL, he was WONDERFUL!!!

Does anyone remember Dario and Gerry from the Magic? We had them years ago (2009) and my DH still compares every serving team to them!

Of course we all love Trevor and Max with the Entertainment Team.

We also loved Novlette, our stateroom hostess on the Magic.

We've sailed all 4 ships, but with the exception of Gabor, all of our favorites were on the Magic.

When we were on our cruise on Wonder in May we had Balwan Singh from India as head server. We are going on Wonder again next May and would love to have him again. When we were living he said he would probably still be on Wonder, but I heard now that he might go to another ship. Does someone has any information?

Gabor Nemeth is sadly no longer with DCL, he was WONDERFUL!

Last I remember ... Gabor was on the Dream. He was one of the original DREAM TEAM ... one of five Hungarian Servers knows for their excellence. Daniel Javor was another member (on the Fantasy opening crew) .. who is no longer with DCL. Do you know when Gabor left DCL?

Steven

Gabor Nemeth is sadly no longer with DCL, he was WONDERFUL!!!

Does anyone remember Dario and Gerry from the Magic? We had them years ago (2009) and my DH still compares every serving team to them!

Of course we all love Trevor and Max with the Entertainment Team.

We also loved Novlette, our stateroom hostess on the Magic.

We've sailed all 4 ships, but with the exception of Gabor, all of our favorites were on the Magic.

Trevor and Max have both been on the Wonder in 2011.

Corinna

If you have made your booking through a travel agent, your travel agent will handle it. Otherwise the normal DCL reservation line can do this for you.

Corinna

Last I remember ... Gabor was on the Dream. He was one of the original DREAM TEAM ... one of five Hungarian Servers knows for their excellence. Daniel Javor was another member (on the Fantasy opening crew) .. who is no longer with DCL. Do you know when Gabor left DCL?

Steven

He left over the summer, it's a really long story. I'm friends with him on Facebook though, and he put "See ya real soon" as his status earlier....Hoping that means he's on his way back!!!

On our cruise last October on the Fantasy we had Sasha (Serbia) and That (Thailand) as our servers!! We were a group of 15 and they were wonderful servers!! We sure kept them hopping! ::yes:: They were excellent with my 17 month old grandson!!

Our room hostess, Naomi, (South Africa) was very sweet and accommodating!! She did an awesome job !! Also we became friends and we keep in touch via Facebook!!

So I just came upon this thread while researching for our first cruise (june 2013).... just wondering if we should request a specific server for our first cruise so that we know we have someone who will make our honeymoon cruise more magical? Or is it silly to request someone we have never had and just take our chances and see what happens?

And if we request someone when should we do it? And will it effect the dining room order that we already requested?

TIA!:love:

He left over the summer, it's a really long story. I'm friends with him on Facebook though, and he put "See ya real soon" as his status earlier....Hoping that means he's on his way back!!!

I am friends with Daniel Javor and Ivan Frick ... both are/were part of the DCL Dream Team. Daniel Javor left DCL in April / May ... and is now working in London. Ivan Frick is now Palo Server on the Fantasy.

I was on the Fantasy twice this year ... gave a package to Ivan, to deliver to Daniel when he / they get home.

So I just came upon this thread while researching for our first cruise (june 2013).... just wondering if we should request a specific server for our first cruise so that we know we have someone who will make our honeymoon cruise more magical? Or is it silly to request someone we have never had and just take our chances and see what happens?

And if we request someone when should we do it? And will it effect the dining room order that we already requested?

If you have already requested a specific dining room rotation, I would not change anything. It is much harder to merge a server into a specific dining rotation, versus merging a guest into an existing server's schedule and rotation.

On the last night before your cruise ends, you will be given paperwork regarding gratuities. You retain one portion for yourself. It will contain the first AND last names of your server, assistant server, head server and stateroom host. If you like any of them ... MAKE SURE you ask them about their home country (but do this early in the cruise). Not only will they appreciate your asking, but you will know all you need to know to comment about their service on your end-of-cruise survey (they get promoted based upon the compliments). You will also know how to reach your servers in the future (ie: Facebook, if applicable), or request them in the future. One time, someone mentioned the name "Ivo" ... but there are several Ivo's on the Fantasy ... from different countries, working in different departments. DCL "shoreside" generally knows the servers by the first name and country ... while the ship knows the servers by the first name and country. If you know their first name, last name AND country ... it is much easier to make the request for your next cruise.

If you think you might want to request them in the future, make sure you ask if you can reach them on Facebook. Everyone goes on vacation. You never know when someone is on vacation, unless you keep in touch with them. Currently, I know when my favorites are leaving, and returning to a ship (that's how / why I started the thread).

If you look back in this thread, you will see reference of sending small gifts to your favorite cast members. Whether it's American chocolate, or something they want to buy, but can't find elsewhere ... you never know what will make someone happy! Remember, NEVER send alcohol or any other beverage, homemade foods, or anything which needs refrigeration or freezing, or anything which may spoil if left in the package for 1-2 weeks. overall box should be 15" x 15" x 15" (give or take), or smaller. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steven

PS: One note on Facebook - never assume all servers communicate on Facebook. Some do ... some do not. If you really like someone, towards the end of the cruise, ASK if it is possible for you to KEEP IN TOUCH via Facebook. They do not have a lot of time to hear about everyone's daily tasks ... but it's a great way to know if they are still on a specific ship, and if you will be able to request them in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter