Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sdlong329, Apr 15, 2012.

1. StephC1217

StephC1217 Mouseketeer

Thanks Steven!

Since I already requested a rotation- I will just keep my fingers crossed that we get someone wonderful!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Miz Diz

Miz Diz <font color=darkorchid>I'll give up anything, as l

Looking for recommendations for Fantasy servers.

We loved Paolo from Spain on the Dream - May 2011. He was a bartender in Pink. Anyone know where he is now? I don't know his last name.

4. sdlong329

sdlong329 "Life is just a Fantasy!"

When are you sailing?

Nikola Stakic (Serbia) is a server on the Fantasy as we speak. If you get him ... tell you you are friends with the ESCARGOT people. He showered two of us Escargot most every night, while two others were showered with Caesar Salad with shaved Parmesan (Caesar Salad is not on the menu, but is available, if you ask. The other couple sailing with us if from a country where Caesar salad is not usually available ... especially with shaved Parmesan.

Radoslav (Rado) Hristev (Bulgaria) is an assistant server on the Fantasy as we speak. Tell him you are friends with Steven Long ... I send Rado chocolates every now and then. In fact, if you get Rado, you might consider bringing a few bags of mixed candy (ie: Halloween chocolates). Most any server and / or stateroom host would be appreciative of the thought and generosity.

Ivan Frick (Hungary) is a Palo server, who is in the midst of departing the ship, but should be back on within the next 2-4 months.

Yannick (France) is a Remy server from France, who is currently on the Fantasy.

Generally, servers and assistant servers are paired up by DCL ... so it's best to only request them separately. By that, I mean, do not request "Jack and Jeremy", rather, request as follows:

1) First request: Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), assistant server.
    2) Second request: If request #1 is not possible, I would request Nikola Stakic (Serbia), server.

You may make as many requests as you like, but I would not go past 3 or 4 requests in the main dining room.

For a Palo or Remy server, you do not need to request them in advance (since these bookings are generally made online). However ... when you board the ship, ask where you can go to request / confirm a Palo / Remy server. You will likely be directed to Royal Court for server confirmations, and / or Palo or Remy to make new reservations. These locations can change from time to time, and require me to remember what I did a few weeks ago, which is not always possible! :scratchin

Good luck ... enjoy!

Steven

5. Miz Diz

Miz Diz <font color=darkorchid>I'll give up anything, as l

Thank you! I am on the Easter Fantasy Cruise - March 30

6. parkinfamily

parkinfamily Livin' the Disney Dream!

We are sailing on the Fantasy for Christmas 2013 and need a few recommendations for dinner servers...ours were good, not great, on the Wonder to Alaska last summer...our DD is 10 at time of sailing...we want someone who will be fun fir her at dinner. Suggestions?

7. sdlong329

At this time, it would be hard to make suggestions for 11-12 months out. Contracts for servers generally do not last for more than 6 months, and their vacation time can range from 2-4 months. You might want to try checking back around June (save this thread as a favorite).

As an example, I just left the Fantasy on 12/15. One server was just coming on the ship, but will be off the ship in December. Another Palo server was just leaving the ship, will be back on the ship ... but will be leaving the ship (again) in August.

Steven

8. parkinfamily

parkinfamily Livin' the Disney Dream!

Thanks for that...looks like maybe we should ask again in July/August? Appreciate the info.
    :thumbsup2

9. sdlong329

I'm sending a care package to one of my favorite Assistant Servers ... Rado Hristev (Bulgaria) ... currently sailing on the Fantasy. A box of Peppermint Bark (semi-sweet chocolate infused with peppermint oil, a layer of white chocolate, topped with crushed peppermint candy canes) ... along with Peanut Brittle. You can't get THAT in the Caribbean! :thumbsup2

Yes, that would be fine.

Steven

10. sdlong329

1/14/12 UPDATE:

Ciao Romano (Phillipines), Palo & Main Dining Rooms: Contract extended through March 2013

Ivan Frick (Hungary), Palo: On vacation

Rado Hristev (Bulgaria), Main Dining Rooms: Soon to be promoted from Assistant Server to Server

11. wwm4167

wwm4167 Earning My Ears

The cruise activity staff from the 2011 EBTA sailing on the magic was amazing, especially Chase. Anyone have any info on where they are now???? (Is Peter still Cruise Directing on the Magic?)

12. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

Peter was our cruise director on the November 10th sailing on the Magic.

Corinna

13. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

Stephen, did you run in to Tina from Activity Staff on the Fantasy? She shared her FB info with us but I misplaced it... She was from Michigan.

14. sdlong329

Actually, I do not remember anyone from the activity staff ... did not seem to do many activities on the Maiden Voyage, or in December either. I still have a lot of the ship I need to investigate!

You might consider sending an e-mail to DCL Guest Communications ... send a simple praise to them about Tina ... and if they would be in a position to let you know her last name ... so you can use it in further correspondence (I would refrain from referencing anything about Facebook). If they *do* provide her last name, HOPEFULLY, you will be able to find her! If not ... you have to go on another cruise REAL SOON!

:dance3:

Steven

15. magic carpet man

magic carpet man Magic Carpet Man

Happy Goofy! Andrew Wilson (Dancer) here! I can't believe you remember me enough to be a favorite crew member! Hope all is well!

16. sdlong329

Andrew - Are you still with DCL? If so, what ship? Are you still in the same department? I will make sure Happy Goofy knows you responded.

Steven

17. magic carpet man

magic carpet man Magic Carpet Man

Hello Steven! I was looking at the cruises you've done and it looks like I was working on a few of yours! The Wonder in '08 (We opened Toy Story that month -- was it on your cruise?), the Magic EB Transatlantic ( I taught the Dancing With The Officers Segment of the Talent Show) LOVED that cruise and Madeira and the Fantasy inaugural. Unfortunately I didn't perform in Aladdin that first cruise because I had just sustained an injury the week before. Hope life is good! I left DCL this summer and now work at DCA

18. Happy Goofy

Happy Goofy DIS Veteran

We are in Merritt island for the winter. . I have been having some eye problems which sometimes affects my balance. We did the. Hawaiian cruise and are doing the Panama in May. We are about 5 minutes from the port and often go down and watch the Dream and Fantasy leave. Hope to cruise someday on the newer ships . You,

Clayton and Jessica were so nice to me when I was learning the dance with Clayton If you ever get a few hours off we would love to meet you for lunch or coffee etc.My cell is 860 402 4873,

19. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Any recommendations for servers on the Magic? Doing the June 1 Med. We're doing a big family cruise and would love it if we got a great server team.

Thanks!

20. gumbypee

gumbypee DIS Veteran

Lil pooh , goran is fantastic

21. sdlong329

I have not been on the Magic for quite some time now ... but I did send a message to a CM who transferred from the Magic. He is trying to see who is on the ship now, as we speak. I hope to get some names for you, and others.