Where else can I cut cost?

Sheraton Vistana is on sky auction. Were staying in a 2 br sleeps 8. Last week in May. I paid 470.00 but you have to look closely at the dates and read carefully to see if there are any additional fees at the time your interested in going.

I've used SkyAuction several times a year since (I think) 2007 and have never had a problem. I currently have a week booked in September at Grand Villas ($300) and another at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in October ($560). Just make sure you check the surcharges that are tacked on for busier dates. Some of them are substantial. This one has July dates and I don't see any extras.

http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2525275

Last edited:
I use SkyAuction a lot and have never had a problem. Just make sure you check the surcharges that are tacked on for busier dates. Some of them are substantial. This one has July dates and I don't see any extras.

http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2525275

I see this surcharge for July
  • Date Surcharge (6/26/2015-8/9/2015, 11/20/2015-11/22/2015, 1/1/2016-2/28/2016) for $475 per unit
I wouldn't mess with changing your condo, you've gotten a lot of good tips, I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off.

-Agreed-The park hopper option would be the thing I would drop. Especially if you're not hopping in order to eat meals at the parks, it just takes up a lot of extra time hopping. I'd get the one day pass to the water park instead of the water parks and more option, if they wanted to do the water parks. In July, they may want to have that on the schedule.

But if you are leaving a park to eat I would think you may want to go to a different park after you get back.

One of my favorite things to do is to unshop my grocery cart. Before I check out, I look to see if I've made any impulse buys or something I can skip. OP if you do this each time you grocery shop and then take what you would have spent and add it to your spending money.

What kind of car do you drive, when are you going and where do you plan on parking? Oh wait - you said your can has always been there - that explains it!
I have no idea what you just said. Going this weekend for my nieces bday. Staying at Gaylord but have ap now so need to worry about parking.

Sheraton Vistana is on sky auction. Were staying in a 2 br sleeps 8. Last week in May. I paid 470.00 but you have to look closely at the dates and read carefully to see if there are any additional fees at the time your interested in going.

OP, yeah, that's a great deal! I just checked DVC too and you'd only get a studio for that rate since it's summer.

I see this surcharge for July
  • Date Surcharge (6/26/2015-8/9/2015, 11/20/2015-11/22/2015, 1/1/2016-2/28/2016) for $475 per unit
I wouldn't mess with changing your condo, you've gotten a lot of good tips, I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off.

Oops, sorry about that! I probably need to add Benadryl to my No Internet After list. :crazy:

My family of 5 ate for about $550 last time. If you are eating most of your meals at your condo and not planning any TS meals it might be tight but not impossible.
Does you meals budget include the food you are eating in room?

OP, this can be done, but you are doing to have to plan your days and meals out very carefully as you only have $70 per day for food. One CS a day will wipe that out. On your MK day go in early and I would eat a CS lunch there. Cosmic Rays has some decent sized meals and you can probably split 3. I would then go back to the house after lunch and eat an early dinner in the condo. Then go back to MK for the evening. For an AK day I would eat a big brunch in the condo, go to the park, go back to the car to eat a quick packed dinner, and then go back in the park for the evening as it closes early. I would probably handle Epcot like MK and DHS like Animal Kingdom. That gives you only 2-3 days of eating a meal in the park and would save you a ton of money. You can get a lot of rides done in the morning while it is less crowded and schedule your fast passes for the evening.

I would not get park hoppers as you will already be coming and going a lot. You also need to plan a meal list ahead of time and bring down as much as you can. You can carry on spaghetti and sauce, a taco kit that only needs meat and cheese, you can buy a loaf of bread and use the left over shredded cheese to make grilled cheese, pancake mix and syrup with some purchased bacon and fruit will make a nice brunch. Pringles, Goldfish Crackers, Granola Bars, packaged oatmeal, and fruit snacks can be brought down as snacks. Make your grocery list before you come down so you do not forget anything.

Enjoy your trip!

I agree with Disneybuckeye. You are doing the right thing by planning ahead. I would make a list of places to eat frugally, like CiCis, Sweet Tomatoes, etc. Have the girls choose from that list. That way you aren't aimlessly trying to find something to eat where you almost inevitably will just pick something at random and blow the budget.

I also want to add that I am willing to bet these girls are going to come with money of their own. If it was my child, no matter what the parents told me they were paying for, I would send at least $200 along for an emergency or so that he could treat himself. So I wouldn't stress about it too much. If they were coming to your home, they would eat what you are serving. If they want more, they can buy it themselves.

If it were my family we would:

Arrive for rope drop

Tour until 12-1 PM
(By this time crowds will be reaching peak. Lines will be long and it'll be hotter than Hades)

Return to condo for lunch/swim/nap if needed

Head back to the park for the cooler evening hours. The later the park was open, the later we returned. Have a CS or BYO meal. We like to eat while waiting for Illuminations/Fantasmic/Main Street Electrical Parade

We prefer FP+ for the afternoon/evening. When I was there in late February FPs for most of the more popular attractions were gone by the afternoon. July is busy but the lowest crowds and shortest lines are usually in the first 2-3 hours after park opening. If the MK is open very late (like 1:00 AM) lines tend to dwindle as the night goes on and younger families head for bed.

We never tried to make rope drop after a very late night. Out trips were usually 9 days so we could have a sleep in/pool morning at least once.

My DD took a friend with her one time. We provided transportation there, because we were driving. The friend paid for her tickets, meals, and extras. That being said, you mentioned you have already told parents that you are paying for food. So I agree maybe have a garage sale (maybe the families would donate items to it), with three girls you can probably make some money, also sell water , Diet Coke and whatever else is popular in your area to drink at the garage sale. My DD has done this and made as much as $60 in one morning from drinks. But, we live in Texas and it is HOT! Love the idea of giftcards for snacks. We have always given my DD $20 for the week to spend on any snacks she wanted. I agree three teenage girls need a condo!! Have fun!!

Last edited:
My DD took a friend with her one time. We provided transportation there, because we were driving. The friend paid for her tickets, meals, and extras. I personaly would expect each child to have a minumum of $20 a day for meals inside the park, if you want to foot the bill for the condo food that is very nice. But, I would expect them to pay for their own meals. You have cover the cost of what sounds like a very nice condo. I don't think that is too much to ask. I send $50 for an overnight trip for school sports for meals etc. I hope you all have an awesome trip!!
If we're inviting, we're paying for food. DD just took 2 friends with her on a Spring Break trip and the only thing the girls had to bring money for was shopping. I paid for everything else.

If you are giving them a snack budget for the parks, do you feel there are any restaurants you must eat at? If not I'd pack lunches. You can make sandwiches for everyone pretty cheap, or pasta salad, or chef salads, taco salads, or tacos in a bag, leftover pizza slices etc and get free ice water from the CS restaurants.

Your food budget is pretty tight to include any "eating out" so I'd just stick to buying snacks and treats in the park.

If we're inviting, we're paying for food. DD just took 2 friends with her on a Spring Break trip and the only thing the girls had to bring money for was shopping. I paid for everything else.
I revised my post after rereading her original post. I agree since she already said she was paying, didn't realize at first it was a birthday celebration. Some of this can depend on your own financial situation. Like I said we paid for travel expenses, housing and food in the condo for 2 weeks. So, I didn't feel bad for having the parents pay for tickets and a meal each day in the park. To each there own.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned previously, but you could all sign up for the Earl of Sandwich club. This would give you each a free sandwich if all 4 of you sign up. Bring some chips and your drinks and that is a really inexpensive meal! Might pick it up the night before a water park day and use that at the water park for a picnic lunch!

OP, I think it was suggested earlier that you try Swagbucks. I'm going in July (also celebrating my DD's sweet 16) with my family and I do Swagbucks daily. There's a thread here on the budget board with excellent tips. You have a full 3 months at least so I think you can earn a decent amount to get Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards. I'm doing this and plan to use mine for parking and spending money in the parks. You could do this just to get gift cards for the girls for snacks. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter