• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where else can I cut cost?

If both you and your dd are doing Swagbucks with different accounts be very careful. From what I have read they tend to deactivate accounts in the same household. Just be sure to cash out as soon as you have the money for 1 giftcard rather than stockpiling the swagbucks for multiple cards at one time...just in case.

Do you belong to a Sam's Club? You can get $150 worth of Disney gift cards for $142.88.

I believe she has travel insurance in case SHE has to cancel. Can you imagine buying your child a plane ticket to go on vacation with another family, only to have them cancel, and then being stuck with a worthless flight cost?
I bought travel insurance in case any of them have to cancel. They all play competitive school volleyball and will be training all summer. The threat of injury is real. Most things we could work around, but do not want to take the chance.

You many want to get a bit more money for food and drinks. You can get really dehydrated in the parks. I suggest looking around for cheaper car rental place. We got a car for $150, we found the deal on kayak.

I don't know where people are seeing parking fees at condos around Disney. I have researched many properties and found no resort fees or parking fees at places where you rent from the owner. Cleaning fees-yes, but that is common with any condo rental. And if your friend got hit with a surprise, I guess he/she didn't read the information given. If there was nothing in the contract about it, they wouldn't be able to be held responsible for the fees. In my experience resort fees are collected at the beginning of the stay. (At least that has been my experience.)

The whole thing was kinda hinky, She said that when they went to get the keys to the unit and get the parking pass that's when they hit them for the 20.00 parking fee, when she questioned it, she was told that the rental for the condo was with a private owner, but the parking was with the owner of the complex? and again she questioned it when they checked out, for the 50.00 resort fee was for the owner of the complex, for maintenance and use of the amenities and administrative.? They were up off of 192, I am not sure of the name of the complex. She did try to contact the owner several times, but never got any response.

I was just offering info, to double check on, so they wound not be surprise with a extra expense.

The whole thing was kinda hinky, She said that when they went to get the keys to the unit and get the parking pass that's when they hit them for the 20.00 parking fee, when she questioned it, she was told that the rental for the condo was with a private owner, but the parking was with the owner of the complex? and again she questioned it when they checked out, for the 50.00 resort fee was for the owner of the complex, for maintenance and use of the amenities and administrative.? They were up off of 192, I am not sure of the name of the complex. She did try to contact the owner several times, but never got any response.

I was just offering info, to double check on, so they wound not be surprise with a extra expense.
Thanks for the warning, but we have stayed here 3 times in the recent past. I have been watching everyday for a cheeper rate, but none so far.

Waoh

Woah! Let's stay away from that one! Sorry that happened! That is why I keep going back and forth between staying offsite and staying at a Disney resort. Some of these stories are scary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter