Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

kathy884

DIS Veteran
Thought this would be a fun thread -- Hear where everyone is staying and why they picked the place they did (lots of great choices). I thought this thread could also be helpful to people who are trying to figure out where to stay -- a common question on this forum too.

Anyway, on our upcoming trip for three adults (me, my son who is 20, and my sister-in-law) I picked the Camelot Inn and Suites. Went with a family suite that gives us three real beds, so none of us need to sleep together or sleep on pull out or bunk bed - We have a King, and two queens. There is a pull out bed too, but we'll only use that as a sitting area. I liked it that it was walking distance to the parks and that it had a McDonald's right next door. Thought it sounded neat too that you can see fireworks from the pool and the mini kitchenette is a plus also. I'm picky on beds and read lots of reviews on Trip Advisor about beds being comfortable. It doesn't have breakfast included, but unless it's Embassy Suites, I really don't care for those hotel breakfasts and would rather just get an Egg Mcmuffin next door at McDonalds anyway and no breakfast means I don't feel like I'm being wasteful when I do that. // It's just a basic place, but that will work fine for us. Budget, walking distance, beds for everyone are winning over other factors for me. I had three good choices that met my major criteria, but ended up picking this one based on DS's preference looking at pictures on hotel websites (let him pick which one of the three I narrowed it down to).

We are staying at BWPPI, because of the location and good reviews here. We stayed at PVI last time and it was great, but more expensive for our next trip. I needed to check out a second close location for a future trip with more family anyway. Prior to that we stayed at PPH and GCH, both are nice, but.....a couple we met while waiting for RSR brought to my attention that staying off site saves enough money to afford APs and more frequent trips......I should probably thank them:)

We are staying at the Hampton Inn because we ran out of DVC points and I was able to secure a really good rate. It has free breakfast too. There are some good restaurants within walking distance as well.

Im staying at Motel 6 Main Gate. This will be my third time to stay there. I originally found it by checking out the Good Neighbour Hotel list on Disneyland Website. I picked it mainly for budget reasons. I am a solo traveller and I meet up with a friend who lives in Anaheim. I am not really a breakfast person, so the no breakfast does not bother me, I prefer to get a Starbucks on the way to the park. My hotel needs when I go to Disney are minimal, I just really need a bed and a shower, as I spend about 14 hours each day at the park.

Our last trip we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. We enjoyed this hotel, laundry on every floor, hotel staff very nice, housekeeping was spot on. Plus walking to Indiana Jones ride took only 13 minutes from hotel room! Can't complain about the Fairfield Inn.

View from our floor:

We always stay at the Peacock Suites because it's part of our timeshare (shell vacation club/wyndham.) It works great for us, a family of 6. We get the one bedroom that has a small kitchenette. We eat breakfast in the room and come back for lunch/naps. Then we pack dinner to take into the park. Makes for a very frugal Disney trip. We usually get a shuttle pass and it works out well.

My next trip is coming up in a couple of weeks! (Thanks for reminding me!) I will be staying at the Villas at Grand Californian. I am staying there because VGC is my timeshare and I was able to plan more than 7 months in advance of the trip. (Otherwise, the rooms are booked up quickly and we have to pick somewhere else to stay!).

My last trip (30 Mar -3 Apr) was last minute and I stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express that is located right next to the Quality Inn (it is right behind the Fairfield Marriott). I stayed there because I found a really super deal using cash and points--I think it was $59.00 plus 20,000 points per night. Parking costs extra (but, I didn't have a car). We stay at the Holiday Inn Express brand quite often because we can count a very consistent experience from one property to the next. The beds were very comfortable. They also served breakfast in the morning. This one was brand new. Other than the room facing I-5 being too noisy for me (they did move me to the other side), it was a really nice place to stay. The walk was not bad.

We have also stayed at the Fairfield Marriott--the year before last because of its location (and because we weren't able to book more than 7 months in advance). We were not disappointed. On my most recent visit I noticed there was a Panera Bread right out in front of the Fairfield Marriott. (It looked like a great opportunity to use the Panera Bread Ap to order breakfast in advance and pick it up on the way to the park in the morning. :) ) It was a very good location. The beds were very comfortable.

BWPPI because the mini suite costs less than most full suite rooms, but still has enough room for the five of us with two queen beds and a full size pull out sofa bed. Also, we love the proximity to the parks, it has a good enough breakfast to start the day, and we can get/use BW Rewards points, which also helps out with cost.

We are staying at the Fairfield in July. We are traveling with family, and I let my sister-in-law pick the hotel. I'm glad to see it has good reviews here!

Our next trip will likely be June 2017. The plan is to stay at the Dolphin's Cove. Why? Because my mom wants to use her timeshare and we stayed at the big World Mark the last time she went with us, so she wants to try this one. It's nice for us because we won't have to pay for lodging. It's further away from the parks than we would normally stay, but I've heard we should be able to walk to Toy Story Lot and hop a bus. If we were paying for a room we would probably stay at the Desert Inn and Suites because it's close, we've had good experiences, and the price is decent.

I'm planning my family's next trip for Jan 2017 for the Star Wars 10k run. I'd like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, provided rates aren't exorbitant. Why? We love this hotel for its themeing. Also, it's supposed to be close to the beginning corrals of the race, so less walking to the start of the race. Love early entry perks for onsite guests, room charging. Love the light-up headboards. Also love the walk thru DTD.

We'll be there at the end of August and we're stay at the Camelot Inn. I picked it because it's close to the parks. I didn't want a long walk or have to use a shuttle.

Stanford Inn & Suites in November of this year. We picked it because it has a good amount of space, (for our family of 7 we picked the bunk bed suite with two bathrooms) is close enough to take the ART or walk to the TS parking lot, and has a full free breakfast, and free parking, but we got 3 nights for under $400. Hotels in Anaheim get expensive fast with our family size. It was the right combination for us this time!

We are going to be staying at the Grand Californian Nov 27th - Dec 2nd this year. We stay at the Grand for 4 reasons. 1 - 3 Location, location, location. Reason 4, if I tell her we are staying at the GCH my wife is much easier to convince to go to Disneyland for a week. lol :tongue:

I have two trips coming up this summer. The first one is next week and I am staying at the Hotel Indigo. I have never been there and it is only for one night. I am going with down with my parents for my niece's 5th birthday. My parents picked it out and I'm just tagging along. They stayed their once, but I never have. If I have time to get some good pictures maybe I can do a review when I come back.

In July DH and I are going for a week and we staying at our old standby- Candy Cane Inn because it is an easy walk and has a good, quick breakfast. The staff is friendly, they have a free shuttle if you need it, and we have two discounts to use- the AAA discount and return customer discount.

I just got back from my first trip to Disneyland. We stayed at Best Western Anaheim Inn. Pros: The location was great, the free breakfast had more options than most places, it was great to have free parking and walk to the parks. Cons: the room itself wasn't great and the front desk staff I dealt with weren't the nicest. All that said, I think it is a great choice, but if I ever go to Disneyland again, I would only stay at one of the three Disneyland resorts. I prefer being in the Disney bubble.

Our next trip is not until March 2017. :( We are going down for my 45th birthday so we will likely stay onsite. We've stayed at all 3 DLR hotels and PPH is actually our favourite so we will probably stay there.

Since November we have stayed at the Quality Inn on Manchester (behind the Fairfield Inn) four times and been satisfied with it. It's in our price range, it's walking distance, it provides a free breakfast. Breakfast includes: egg patties, waffles (make yourself, sometimes there is a wait), sausage gravy, english muffins (so you can make a "biscuit and gravy"...I don't eat meat so I don't eat it), mini muffins, cereal, danish, yogurt, etc.

I usually choose the Choice Hotels chain when I travel because I have their rewards credit card. We stayed 2 nights in Santa Clarita for FREE in October and 2 nights in Anahiem for free in January. I'm hoping to have 2 nights free this coming October when we return for Halloween. The Quality Inn is also a good rate for a clean budget hotel in walking distance. I do not want to deal with parking or shuttles. My only complaint is since the Holiday Inn Express opened up next door they've increased the price for parking. It was free my first stay, because I'm a gold rewards member, and then $5, then $10, now I think it's $16!

We're on a budget beause this is our "Year of Disney" and we got Annual Passes the first time ever. We drive from Phoenix.

In previous years we ALWAYS stayed at the Carousel Inn and loved it. I do check room rates for other nearby hotels to make sure I can't get a better deal than the QI within walking distance. I haven't found a better deal yet.

We also like being able to get iced tea at Panera and pizza from Pizza Press. So those 2 things seal the deal with staying on Harbor.

Next trip (in four weeks!) we are staying at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We usually stay at the Park Vue because it is across the street, has free breakfast and free parking, and we can fit 5 in the room with 2 queens and a roll-away. This visit we were going to be 4 (2 kids) and I could hotwire a hotel for half the price with free parking, so we did, and ended up at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We'll be paying for the ART passes, and breakfast will be oatmeal or yogurt from Target. Now it turns out we will be 5 people after all and we're crossing our fingers there will be room in the room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter