Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

You book it through the convention's website. You'd first need to sign up for the website, then you can use their link to book the stay. One time it asked me specific questions (after booking) about if I was part of the convention and if I was participating in their events. It hasn't asked that the last couple times I booked through them. So, I don't know if it remembers me or if they quit asking the questions. I do think they will cancel your reservation if they find out that you are not with the convention, though.

Thanks! I did sign up for their site to look at the pricing. I don't really have any issues with being a part of the convention in order to use their pricing. I was just curious as to how they know if you actually go to any of their events. I saw that they will cancel if you aren't with the convention, and I wouldn't want to risk that if I do end up booking. I appreciate the info!

Has anyone rented a house through vrbo?

Not VRBO, but we snagged a mother-in-law house through airbnb for our upcoming trip this fall. I don't remember what the actual per-night was, but once we factored in the cleaning fee and averaged it out it came to an actual $126/night. We weren't going to get a place within walking distance on our budget anyhow, so we figured it was well worth spending about $26/night more than the hotels we were looking at in order to have a full kitchen. I've never done airbnb before, but my housemate's sister goes that route whenever she visits the area and seems to have had good luck with it. I don't think I would have been comfortable sleeping in a guest room in an occupied house, but it turns out you can get more private accommodations through the site if you shop around a bit.

Fingers crossed we can book a 2-bedroom villa with DVC points. We have multi-generations going...myself, DH and DS, the in-laws and sister-in-law. We can all comfortably stay in a 2-bedroom villa, just need one available!

How do I get on the email list? Through the Disneyland website? I checked it and I didn't see anything for email sign up. Thanks.

There is a place on the Disneyland website where you "Sign In" or "Create an Account." That's where you can get your email in the system. Getting a PIN code is really, really rare, but it doesn't hurt to be in their mailing/email list.

There is a place on the Disneyland website where you "Sign In" or "Create an Account." That's where you can get your email in the system. Getting a PIN code is really, really rare, but it doesn't hurt to be in their mailing/email list.
I see. I guess I'm not getting a pin code then because I have an account and haven't received that lucky email. Thank you!
Homewood suites' rates are very affordable so I reserved for next February. Excited to try out the ART and toy story lot shuttle. I'm sure our LOs will love them both.

We are staying at Homewood Suites Convention Center. They are right next door to the Toy Story Lot and have a nice hot free breakfast and social hour Mon-Thurs.

Previously we've stayed at Hojo (loved it), Park Vue (just ok, but the location can't be beat), Anaheim Plaza (never again) and BBW Raffles (ok but probably won't stay there again), Paradise Pier (meh, not amazing for the price and still quite a walk) and Grand Californian (loved it!!)

How do you get this 40% off pin code?

Seems like the more we stayed, the more we started getting them. While rare, we usually see them about 4 times a year.......and it usually sucks me right into scheduling another trip.....lol!

I get one about every 3-4 months. I'm not sure it has anything to do with how often you use them, as I haven't used one in 5-6 years (they never offer them when I can go).

We're staying at Best Western Stovall's June 11th-16th. Have never stayed there before but the rate was only $49 a night w/ breakfast and I figure you can't beat that. I'm not sure how easy the walk will be now that security checkpoints have changed but I'm pretty excited about paying less than $100 a night in the summer season!

We booked the HOJO for our July trip because we have liked it in the past, but since then I have been seduced by the Courtyard Marriott so I am maintaining reservations at both. The Courtyard looks fabulous -- so much more room, with a view of the theme park and the fireworks. But it is (at least) twice as expensive. So I keep going back and forth but I am leaning Courtyard.

I'm staying at the Annabella in December, and I can't wait! I've been to WDW three times in December, but this is my first time at Disneyland in December.

We also booked with a 40% off pin and decided to stay at the GCH mid May! Crossing our fingers the pools will be open by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter