When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

I'm joining in a little late, but not too late. :laughing: I followed over from MeMom's thread. I'm SO enjoying that your son isn't afraid to leave you and do his own thing. Not many teens will do that, at least I don't think mine would. I can't get over the crowd levels! :eek: It's amazing that you were even able to ride any rides. I think that those pictures confirmed to me that I don't want to go over the weeks between Christmas and New Years.

Whew! Finally made it through all your posts! :laughing:

Sounds like the coke monster strikes again with Chris! :laughing: Poor guy, will they ever learn? :confused3 Teens and their stomachs. :rolleyes: My daughter makes that same mistake too, eats and drinks more than her body can handle and the sugar finally gets to her. She vows to never do it again and sure enough, short term memory loss kicks in and she's back to it again and we all have to deal with her attitude in the process. :rolleyes: :laughing:

He is so funny. He admitted to trying to "train" to drink the whole thing. This time he stopped before any ill effects. :lmao:

Oh well, at least y'all are making the most of your trip, as usual! :thumbsup2 You run around the property more than anyone else I know woman! :goodvibes I like seeing someone taking full advantage of their vacation. :banana:

I text you this same question earlier, but I don't think you got it yet. Are you planning a trip to the world next year in the spring? Mackie and I are going in May, at least that's the plan so far. :woohoo: As of now, it's May 7th 2013, hopefully we won't have to change. :)

I always feel the need to cram it all in. I am getting better knowing with DVC I will be back sooner rather than later. I am excited you are planning a trip. Like I texted you that sounds like a great time to go and I want to go for F&G in 2013.

Catching up...

Thanks for the WL pictures! My favorite place...:goodvibes

It is a great place. I always find new things to look at every time I go.

Love all the hijinks, and the picture of Chris staring sickly at the not-quite-finished Coke had me :rotfl2:

He was very close to his limit and he knew it. I am just glad he stopped when he did this time. :lmao:

Nice photopass pictures, too! The Christmas decorations just work so well in that resort.
Thanks and I love seeing the resort all dressed up for the holidays.

And the milkshake has soy? No wonder it tasted funny to me last time. :confused3
:confused3 Who would have thunk it? :laughing: At least now I know. :teacher:

No carrots is fine.
You're not going to keep us from eating bread pudding, though, are you??? :scared:

Sorry you are going to have to share some of that bread pudding. :lmao:

That last picture of the two of you by the tree with the snowy border is adorable!

I can't for the life of me think of what the PP said. It was good enough to have both of laughing. It took some convincing at first but Chris is a good boy and humors me. :goodvibes

I wouldn't be feeling it after all that soda either.

I asked him if he overdid it again and felt sick but he said no. I think he was tired and full. He was awake when I got back to the room late that night. Apparently he wanted to get on my computer for some down time.

Looks like a nice dinner overall despite all the push/pull with the chef. I imagine you'd rather they were overly cautious than the reverse?

The chef came out twice and the waiter was real careful too. I do respect it but one of the reasons I don't mark all my reservations with an allergy is that except for hidden ingredients (spices etc) I know on any day what and how much I can usually have before I get uncomfortable.

I think I read that all ingredients will now be on an ipad so the person can look over the ingredients and there is not all that time spent going back and forth with what is in dish. Makes sense to me and hopefully that will keep the chef from having to come out every time, multiple times.
I would mark my reservations more if that system worked.

LOVE the SSR pics, that spray area at the pool looks fun. 45-60 min? Not bad.

I walked by once when it was busier and it did look fun. Sadly I never got inside the fence at the pool.

Just caught up again...

According to those signs it really looks like Epcot was ready to serve plenty of alcoholic beverages! :thumbsup2

I can only imagine how crazy it must have been. On a weekend of F & W it can get pretty interesting. Add in a popular drinking holiday and party atmosphere.....

45 minutes to get to WL... that's why I like having a car on site even if we don't use it that often. (plus we drive offsite to see family;))

Considering it was bus to boat that actually was one of the quicker trips we had that trip. :eek: Usually it is part of the experience, but when it is more waiting than riding, it takes a toll.

Great photopass pics at WL!!!! I like the last one!
Thanks I really wish I knew what the PP said to get us to crack up. Chris has no idea either and I remember it being good but I did not rememebr to write it down. :headache:

I didn't love the skillet at WCC... I would like to go back to check out the rest of the menu.

We liked the steaks. The mashed potatoes were good the fries were huge and different. They were seasoned baked wedges.

Chris LOST to his coke!

Yes he did but SHHHHHH he will ask for another rematch :rotfl2:

Weird that soy would be in a milkshake.:confused3 At least they came out to tell you. :goodvibes

I was surprised too. I was so denied my milkshake. It probably was for the best. :rolleyes:

I'm joining in a little late, but not too late. :laughing: I followed over from MeMom's thread. I'm SO enjoying that your son isn't afraid to leave you and do his own thing. Not many teens will do that, at least I don't think mine would. I can't get over the crowd levels! :eek: It's amazing that you were even able to ride any rides. I think that those pictures confirmed to me that I don't want to go over the weeks between Christmas and New Years.
party: :welcome: party: Glad you came over.

You can get a lot done if you do it right. If you are reading Memom's report you are seeing an empty DHS. When I went in 2009 I was able to dodge most of the crowds most of the time. It just takes planning and getting up early. :thumbsup2

This year it did seem more crowded. I was a little more unorganized this trip and my "want to do list" was sort of scattered.

Having the same issue with the boards here. I find if I switch my browser to Firefox the page will load. Slow but it will eventually load. IE it just times out.
Problem is all my bookmarks are in IE so I have to hunt a bit.

He is so funny. He admitted to trying to "train" to drink the whole thing. This time he stopped before any ill effects. :lmao:

:laughing: How in the world do you train for such a thing?!? LOL! Couch2bigCoke? :confused3 :rotfl:

I always feel the need to cram it all in. I am getting better knowing with DVC I will be back sooner rather than later. I am excited you are planning a trip. Like I texted you that sounds like a great time to go and I want to go for F&G in 2013.

I know all to well about trying to cram it all in when I'm there. :rolleyes: I wish I didn't feel that way, but I do. :upsidedow
Mackenzie is starting dance team so I'm going to have to find out if it will interfere with the trip, if it does then I'm thinking Mackie and I will HAVE to go during her spring break or somewhere in that time frame. :rolleyes: I'll know more when I talk with her dance coach tomorrow, I'll keep you posted. :goodvibes Yes! Thank you for getting back with me. F&GF is the main reason I want to go at that time of the year, it's just so beautiful with all the flowers every where. :cloud9: <big happy flower sigh> :shamrock::flower::flower1::daisy::rose::flower2:

:laughing: How in the world do you train for such a thing?!? LOL! Couch2bigCoke? :confused3 :rotfl:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I think I asked him the same thing. Apparently drinking large quantities in a short amount of time. :scared1:

I know all to well about trying to cram it all in when I'm there. :rolleyes: I wish I didn't feel that way, but I do. :upsidedow
Mackenzie is starting dance team so I'm going to have to find out if it will interfere with the trip, if it does then I'm thinking Mackie and I will HAVE to go during her spring break or somewhere in that time frame. :rolleyes: I'll know more when I talk with her dance coach tomorrow, I'll keep you posted. :goodvibes Yes! Thank you for getting back with me. F&GF is the main reason I want to go at that time of the year, it's just so beautiful with all the flowers every where. :cloud9: <big happy flower sigh> :shamrock::flower::flower1::daisy::rose::flower2:

I hope we can get it all worked out!!! :cheer2:

Your pics and dinner adventured sealed it for me....I must organize a day trip and head to WL and WCC! Great stuff!

Also LOVE the PP pics!!!

So Drink orders were-

IMG_2795.jpg

a Large Coke for Chris

IMG_2796.jpg

And a Northwestern Sunset for me.

Northwestern Sunset - Bacardi Silver, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, and Pineapple Juice with a splash of Cranberry

That boy is a glutton for punishment isn't he?! :laughing: :laughing:

That Northwestern Sunset looks soooooo good!

Your pics and dinner adventured sealed it for me....I must organize a day trip and head to WL and WCC! Great stuff!

Also LOVE the PP pics!!!

It is a fun place. We like to go early to minimize the wait but later it really gets hopping.

That boy is a glutton for punishment isn't he?! :laughing: :laughing:

He is. I guess it is a guy thing. :rotfl:

That Northwestern Sunset looks soooooo good!

It was goooood.

Sending you a text.

Hey Pat - when did you say was your last night in October? Cynthia and I are doing a little behind the scenes planning and we want to try something we thought you might like :rolleyes1, but I think you might be leaving too soon!

Hey Pat - when did you say was your last night in October? Cynthia and I are doing a little behind the scenes planning and we want to try something we thought you might like :rolleyes1, but I think you might be leaving too soon!

Right now I am booked from the 14-19. The 19th is a friday but nothing says a move to POP can't be done. Right now I am driving and unless I get a real good rate ( not likely) I will stay driving.

Right now I am booked from the 14-19. The 19th is a friday but nothing says a move to POP can't be done. Right now I am driving and unless I get a real good rate ( not likely) I will stay driving.

Flight prices are terrible, aren't they.

We are still planning the DIS meet for the 18th but we have something else up our sleeves. I'll pm you.

Flight prices are terrible, aren't they.

We are still planning the DIS meet for the 18th but we have something else up our sleeves. I'll pm you.

Cool - I am looking forward to that trip. My vacation is approved. Got verbal today. Basically she is letting everyone have theirs and we just have to work out the schedules. :laughing:

We will just miss you. If all goes well with Baby Three, we will be there from the 5th to the 13th. We're booked, so now we hope Baby cooperates on the timing.

And about that sharing the bread pudding thing....
you just be sure you don't turn your head for too long, and you might be lucky enough to get some. ;)

Naah, I will be so stuffed on broccoli, noodles, and assorted meats - about 2-3 bites of bread pudding will be all I can manage, and that will be pushing it!

Good Morning Pat! Just stopped by to :wave2: since I haven't had much free time to say HI in a while....... :goodvibes

Taking any trips soon? I figured it was about time for you to visit your favorite tumble monkey again, and I know how much you love IllumiNations!!! Gotta be getting about time for a fix....... :rolleyes1

Good Morning Pat! Just stopped by to :wave2: since I haven't had much free time to say HI in a while....... :goodvibes

Taking any trips soon? I figured it was about time for you to visit your favorite tumble monkey again, and I know how much you love IllumiNations!!! Gotta be getting about time for a fix....... :rolleyes1

I know you have been busy. Got several in the works. July 4th week at BCV, and then Fall Sept - Oct to DL and then F&W in Mid Oct.

What about you? When are you heading back? Of course then you would get behind on your TR again. :lmao:

Missing my favorite Monkey. :rolleyes1

We will just miss you. If all goes well with Baby Three, we will be there from the 5th to the 13th. We're booked, so now we hope Baby cooperates on the timing.

I hope baby 3 cooperates but I am bummed I am missing you. I will see you in July though so just have to have double the fun. :goodvibes

And about that sharing the bread pudding thing....
you just be sure you don't turn your head for too long, and you might be lucky enough to get some. ;)

Last time I turned my head for holiday Wishes....

Naah, I will be so stuffed on broccoli, noodles, and assorted meats - about 2-3 bites of bread pudding will be all I can manage, and that will be pushing it!

The broccolli has carrots mixed in so I might get my own broccolli if I tell them or I will just stay away from the broccolli like I did last time. Carrots are really bad. Not sure if it is because I make sure to avoid them so my body really reascts to them or Spring allergies is playing a role.

I will share my plain broccoli with you. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter