• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the most *sentimental* movie you've seen?

This is strange, but believe it or not I didn't shed one tear at Marley and Me. Go figure. :confused3

Cinema Paradiso if you haven't seen it you should

Best movie ever. I've seen it so many times that I start weeping as soon as the music starts and pretty much don't stop until half an hour after the movie is over. If I need a good cry, I watch this film! :blush::blush:

There are a ton of movies that have me bawling my eyes out. Anything about the holocast is just too much. Did you ever see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas? or Life is Beautiful? I just cry and cry.

All of the above, I'm a weeper. But I have to second Hachi: a Dog's Tale. We got it a couple nights ago on Netflix and my daughter and I went through most of a box of tissues between us.

My Dog Skip is a delightful movie that so totally sucker punches you with sentimentality, it ain't even funny. My entire family cried their eyes out.

I have seen Rudy dozens of times and I have cried every single time, EVERY SINGLE TIME, I watch it. I don't just get teary, I ugly-face cry. That movie moves me so strongly.

Other movies make me cry because they are sad, these two are sentimental Marley and Me fits this category, too.

Mozart and the whale.......especially since there are so many little arounds me with autism it reallybrought on the water works

Ice Castles - story of the blind ice skater

Beaches - two best friends separated by death

Titanic - "I'd rather be his ***** than your wife"

Rocky - working class boxer goes for his dream

Slumdog Millionaire - poor orphan children surviving on the street

DD14 now wants to watch Life is Beautiful with me. They studied WWII in school this year, and the Holocaust. Guess I better prepare myself! :sad:

The hardest I ever cried at a movie was Where the Red Fern Grows. I was 12 and watching it in a 6th grade classroom. One of the boys in class made fun of me for crying. He's a pretty nice guy now as an adult, but really, who kicks a girl when she's crying at a dog movie?

DH and I both cried watching UP. Afterwards, he convinced me to take a cross-country vacation with him even though I didn't think we had the money for it. His argument was that we never know what might happen and we might never get the chance to do it together. Talk about manipulative.

Showing my age...

1970 Love Story "Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Ice Castles - story of the blind ice skater

I could NEVER cry at that movie. Why, you ask ? Because I saw it for the first time on a Marine base. At the point in the movie where the boyfriend tells the Dad "I hurt your daughter" someone in the audience did the "chik - chik" sound you get when you do the slide on a pump-action shotgun. The whole theater burst out laughing :lmao:. I think of that every time I think of that movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter