• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the most *sentimental* movie you've seen?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
After sitting through Timothy Green today, it made me realize that they are sentimental movies, and then there are REALLY sentimental movies (like this one). You know, the ones that tug at every single heart string, and you know the director is manipulating your emotions, and yet it still works ;).

So what's yours?

Terri

What Dreams May Come.

This is it, hands down. And I've seen some real three hanky movies. You know... the kind of movie you get dragged to on a date? Not that a real man would EVER want to see anything that didn't focus on car chases and explosions, of course.

Yeah, right. And I never sit and watch the credits of a movie so that I can wipe my eyes, either. Oh, I'm SUCH a sentimental old crock.

forgot Brians Song the only movie a man can openly cry and not loose his man card

Philadelphia
Bugsy~ yes I know; but still makes me tear up.
Terms of Endearment
Gone w the Wind
Godfather I and II ~esp when Vito goes back to Sicily;and in I when he says I never apologize for what I have to do to take care of my family :confused3 hey I'm Italian ;)
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Forrset Gump

The Notebook! DH and I were both in tears holding each other at the end of the movie.

I 100% agree with the PP who said What Dreams May Come. I watched it and bawled my eyes out through most of it. My excuse is that I has just had my daughter 1 week earlier and had just had a fight with my now ex husband. Not a good combo.

Phenomenon gets me every.single.time.

Forgot a couple - Pay it Forward... oh gosh that movie, Toy Story 3 and Patch Adams. I am a total sap!

2 recent ones that really had me crying were The Lovely Bones and Her Sister's Keeper.

Stepmom always gets me.

DH and I always tear up at the end of The Notebook.

I always tear up during that one sequence in UP.

While You Were Sleeping has a really cute ending, too.

Wow, page 2 and no one has mentioned It's a Wonderful Life yet? That's mine, for sure. I cry like a baby, every year (and I love every minute of it!) :santa:

Saving Private Ryan..........forget the first 99% of the movie & think about the end scene when we realize the old man at the cemetary is Ryan & not Tom Hanks' character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter