What rules would you like Disney to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
matthew517 said:
The cabins do only handle 5. So if you have 6 you have to get two cabins.
Then you have to pay for 4 adults and two kids.
What I was saying I wish you could pay for 2 adults and 4 kids.

What if they put one adult in each room and then split the kids between the rooms? If the rooms are connecting would it really matter if each person was actually sleeping in the exact bed assigned to them?

True, and it would be great if DCL charged the rooms based on who is in it, but the policy is the first two guests in a stateroom are charged adult price, regardless of age.

matthew517 said:
I would like to see them eliminate the requirement for each cabin having two adults.
I have a family of 6 and have to get 2 cabins. I wish I could pay for what I have two adults, 17, 15, 12 and 9.

This I would love to see happen!!!
Why are two adults necessary ?

I'm one adult with a 10yr and a 10 month..,surely I don't need adult supervision with them at home so why is it necessary on vacation?

The cabins do only handle 5. So if you have 6 you have to get two cabins.
Then you have to pay for 4 adults and two kids.
What I was saying I wish you could pay for 2 adults and 4 kids.

But you are really paying for the first 2 in a cabin, with a discount for the others whether they are children or not. I'm sailing with 3 adults in one cabin and the 3rd person is much cheaper, and not a child.

Do you only get 1 hotel room when you travel? The hotel charges the full price for the second room.

Nancy

matthew517 said:
Tattoos today, people with big noses tomorrow, people overweight the following, people with brown hair after that, people of color following that.
Soon it will be a blonde hair blue eye white in shape only cruise.

Stop focusing on others focus on yourself and your family and you'll have a great cruise.

Well said

One of the reasons I booked an inside room with no verandah was because I knew with my luck I'd be next to or above a cigar smoker, or at least cigarettes. My allergies never turned into full-fledged asthma, but I would not be able to sit out on a verandah with a nearby smoker. I hope I don't have to walk a route regularly that passes by a semi-open smoking area -- I hate those in airports. And then, lots of smokers will go "outside" to smoke, but leave the door open, so the smoke goes inside anyway.

Good luck to all of you in getting a clear air verandah -- I hope you all breathe easily on your trips.

I've got a clean air verandah starting next weekend....on Celebrity, where they don't allow smoking in staterooms or on verandahs. :thumbsup2

As for rules to change, how about a nice compromise for the dress code at dinner? Three dining rotations, three different requirements and the cruiser gets to choose. Rotation one - always dressed up for dinner and formal on formal night. Rotation two - cruise casual (nice jeans, polos, etc.) Rotation three - anything goes (wear your shorts and t-shirts if you want). And the dress code in rotations one and two are ENFORCED, as in you don't enter the dining room if dressed for a rotation lower than the one you picked!

Then everyone is happy!! But we won't have nearly as many dress code threads on the DIS. ;)

matthew517 said:
I would like to see them eliminate the requirement for each cabin having two adults.
I have a family of 6 and have to get 2 cabinsey . I wish I could pay for what I have two adults, 17, 15, 12 and 9.

What you are paying for is the first 2 people in each room at full price. It doesn't matter how old those people are. So you'd like to see them have separate adult and separate kids priced and stick to that no matter how many adults and kids are in each room. If they did that Disney would be the first to do it because every cruiseline charges full price per passenger for the first 2 ppl in the room. I travel with just a 6 yo. He's full price every time. Even singles have to pay for practically the full price of the room as if there were 2 ppl in it. There's something called a single supplement where they have to pay 75-90% the total cost for the room. Sometimes they offer that. The analogy about the hotel room makes sense. The room is the same price no matter what ages the people are who are staying in it. You don't get a discount because some of those people are children.

Something I haven't seen mentioned is I feel like if you are 18-20, and in international waters, you should be able to purchase beer and wine, with parents permission. I went to Bermuda on NCL when I was 19 and it was nice to have a beer at dinner.

Of course, once I got onto the island, that was when the fun started.

I'm one adult with a 10yr and a 10 month..,surely I don't need adult supervision with them at home so why is it necessary on vacation?

It has nothing to do with supervision. Two adults are not necessary in a cabin but pricing of the cabin is that you pay the same price for the first 2 people in a cabin regardless of age. You can't pay 1 adult rate and 1 child rate if there are only 2 people (1 adult, 1 child) in a cabin...you pay for 2 adults.

MJ

Please keep on track. Any more posts being rude or sarcastic will be issued violations. Keep on topic and stop arguing.

MJ

Nikisha421 said:

I don't think it's that you have to have two actual adults in the room. I think the concern is that they charge the first two people in any room the full adult fare. ??

Back to the original post, what is the rule about the verandah door? I don't know what this one is. Does that mean I can't sleep with it open? It's not a huge deal, but I was looking forward to that.

Let's get to more important rule changes. How about for 3 hours every day, we kick out the kids and let the adults go play in the kid's clubs!:dance3::dance3::dance3::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

tattoos today, people with big noses tomorrow, people overweight the following, people with brown hair after that, people of color following that.
Soon it will be a blonde hair blue eye white in shape only cruise.

Stop focusing on others focus on yourself and your family and you'll have a great cruise.

+2

tinkerbell 766 said:
I don't believe this post!!! How is a pregnant stomach offensive at all. Surely it is a beautiful sight!!!! :confused3

MINE certainly wasn't! Can you say stretch marks?:crazy2:

Not that I saw it enforced at all, but I think all the dinners should be cruise casual. Shorts are fine by me, the only thing I would not allow is tank tops...mostly for the men (and maybe some women) I found that everyone overpacked a little because of the dinner dress rules, but we saw plenty of people wearing shorts, mostly nice longer ones, which I thought were fine. I can see maybe not for Royal Palace, but at Animator's? We all went casual that night.

MND said:
I don't think the cabins hold more than 5.

Mike

The Walt & Roy suites on the Magic & Wonder sleep six. With the actual sleeping capacity for eight.
They made a huge mistake, in my opinion, with the Dream & Fantasy, by not having MORE two bedroom suites, rather than less.
Although from a business standpoint, they knew exactly what they were doing. This way, people DO have to pay more to get two separate rooms. Paying for two full adult fares in two rooms......

EDITED.....they sleep 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter