What rules would you like Disney to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats12

Mouseketeer
I've been reading through threads and noticed how many are about whether or not you need to follow the rules. What rules would you like to see Disney change? Allow shorts at dinner? Save seats in the theater so the whole family doesn't waste time sitting there? Leave your veranda doors open? If people aren't following these rules, then obviously they'd prefer they weren't rules, right? What's the least popular rule? My DH would love to be able to wear shorts to dinner, at least some nights.

On all 3 of our DCL cruises, we saw tons of ppl in shorts in the dining rooms. On our last cruise, we had a large family next to us still wearing bathing suits/coverups on FORMAL NIGHT! We don't judge and *did not* care, but we noticed. I think the only policing of dining room attire is on these boards because I don't see DCL enforcing their own policy. I think nice shorts are fine. We dress up most of the time because that is how we dress when we go to dinner at home. Have fun on your cruise! :)

I've been reading through threads and noticed how many are about whether or not you need to follow the rules. What rules would you like to see Disney change? Allow shorts at dinner? Save seats in the theater so the whole family doesn't waste time sitting there? Leave your veranda doors open? If people aren't following these rules, then obviously they'd prefer they weren't rules, right? What's the least popular rule? My DH would love to be able to wear shorts to dinner, at least some nights.

Excellent topic! For starters, I would like to see DCL forbid visible tattoos on their ships. :thumbsup2

Mike

Excellent topic! For starters, I would like to see DCL forbid visible tattoos on their ships. :thumbsup2

Mike

Unfortunately, that would eliminate most of their passengers above the age of 17. While I do not care if someone has one or not....I was shocked at how many people do have them.

MJ

As a "people-watcher", observing others tatoos/piercings/eccentric dress are all part of my everyday enjoyment of life:laughing: I just don't indulge.
I don't infringe you, don't infringe me.
:stir:It would become just another rule that would crop up as a subject on the Dis that the mods would have to "lock" after a day or so:lmao:

Everything else I can usually get my needs met, or I'll adapt.

I would inpose hight/weight requirements for certain bathing suits!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

for men and women!

I took my 8yo on a surprise trip. She had been picking out excursions she wanted to do for a long time and one of them was Jet Skiing. She loved it, until we had to go past the ship out into the rougher waters. I was talking to the company afterwards and said why do they have the little ones going out so far? She explained that Disney sets the course for them. She told me to write it on my comment card, which I did.

I would like Disney to take more caution. The rule of 8yrs is fine where the waters are a bit calmer, but they need to either cancel the excursion for parents with kids when the waters are rougher or make two courses one that stays inside the ship and a course for those people that want to go the full hour.

I'd like for them to get rid of this waiting until 75 days out (or whatever) to book excursions. All the other cruiselines I've been on allow you to book your excursions pretty much any time after you book the cruise. This waiting around stuff and having everyone in a particular class trying to book all at once at midnight is nonsense.

Sayhello

Not to start a debate, but I would like to see the "no smoking in staterooms" rule become "no smoking in staterooms or verandahs".

I don't have a problem with shorts at dinner -- once you sit down, who will know?

I'd like for them to get rid of this waiting until 75 days out (or whatever) to book excursions. All the other cruiselines I've been on allow you to book your excursions pretty much any time after you book the cruise. This waiting around stuff and having everyone in a particular class trying to book all at once at midnight is nonsense.

Sayhello

while it is a bummer to have to wait, most of the other cruiselines have also made payment required at the time of booking. i like that disney hasn't started the pre-payment (princess is the other one, for now, that i know of) so i'm willing to make the mad dash at midnight if that's what it takes.

for the lines that require payment at booking, if you want to use OBC for your excursion you have to wait to see what's still available aboard ship. for popular ones they might be sold out by then. so upsides and downsides to both methods.

Sayhello
This is the first thing I thought of as well. If you book a cruise, you should be able to book excursions too. Or at least when it is paid in full. The new cruisers are at such a disadvantage & even us veterans on DCL may not get the excursions we really want to go on. The waiting game & countdown is definitely something I'd like DCL to change.

One other thing I'd like DCL to do is add the kids' club counselors to the tipping list or allow you to tip them. They work as hard as anyone else on the staff & are by far the best of any cruiselines, taking care of our precious ones. I always bring gift cards/candy/etc for them but would like to be able to tip them as well.

OP-good thread idea! Thanks!

I'd like to see DCL get rid of the current future cruise booking rules.

They should allow for a voucher system where the customer gives Disney a set amount that will allow for a future cruise with discount and OBC. I think it's a shame so many people book cruises that they really don't want to take just to move to a later date.

I agree with "no smoking in staterooms or verandas". On our 2nd Disney cruise I was so excited that we had a veranda, then extremely disappointed that there were smokers near us, they seemed to be smoking the whole time. All these years later, we still hesitate to get a veranda for that reason.

Mike

Really? Just curious, and not questioning your opinion in any way because of course, its yours and that's absolutely fine, but is it all tattoos that bother you or just the really huge ones, with skulls and snakes, etc?

I have a one inch pink rosebud just above my right ankle. I don't think you would ever notice it unless you were looking for it.

Couldn't care less about the shorts and don't see how it can be a "rule" when there is no enforcement whatsoever. at least Palo and Remy enforce.

I get the reason why they have it, but I would get rid of the onboard booking rule that says you can book only one future cruise. Two would be cool.

One other thing I'd like DCL to do is add the kids' club counselors to the tipping list or allow you to tip them. They work as hard as anyone else on the staff & are by far the best of any cruiselines, taking care of our precious ones. I always bring gift cards/candy/etc for them but would like to be able to tip them as well.

They're not tipped because they are paid enough that they don't need the tips to make up the bulk of their salary. I'm glad of that no-tipping rule because I sure don't want to be tipping everyone who is not already in a customarily tipped position.

Also not to start an argument or be a "hater" but no smoking on the Verandas would be my suggestion.

maybe have smoking on only one side but have it noted which one you are getting at time of booking (something tells me that the non-smoking could get an extra charge because so many more people will pay it)

I"m crossing my fingers to do a cruise in a couple of years so I read when I get a chance - didn't know some of those rules so it is nice to learn

Really? Just curious, and not questioning your opinion in any way because of course, its yours and that's absolutely fine, but is it all tattoos that bother you or just the really huge ones, with skulls and snakes, etc?

I have a one inch pink rosebud just above my right ankle. I don't think you would ever notice it unless you were looking for it.

Mostly, I don't like big, loud, nasty ones. I'll let you keep yours. :)

Mike

I also like the proposed weight limit rule on bathing suits. And while I'm at it, I would like to see DCL ban excessive visible body piercings. I'm also not a big fan of facial hair, but I'll let guests slide on that one ..... for now.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter