What is the worst roller coaster you ever rode

Busch Gardens Williamsburg had built a coaster called Drachenfire at one time. I LOVE coasters, but that was one that I thought might genuinely injure me. I rode it alone, so nobody to compare notes with. I thought maybe it was just me. Next time we were there, it was gone. Evidently, it wasn't just me!

Most recently...Hersheypark built a new coaster called Sky Rush. It has the potential to be the BEST coaster ever. However, there was something seriously wrong with the restraint system. I thought my thighs would snap, no lie. The bar came down in the center of my thigh. The minimal restraint is cool because the airtime is amazing. You can only hold on to your lap bar, and there lies part of the problem. The placement of the bar along with the fact that it TIGHTENED through the course of the ride (due to holding on to it) meant that every time I got air, I would be forced UP while being VERY tightly gripped DOWN mid-thigh. I was seriously afraid my legs would break (trust me, I'm not a whiner about coasters either!) By the end of the ride, my legs were vice gripped. I really hope they fix the restraints on that one because the coaster itself is incredible.
I have very few coasters I will ride because I oddly HATE that feeling in the pit of your stomach you get on long, steep drops and will only try coasters whose initial drop is not super high or too steep. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot that fit the bill! Drachen Fire was actually great in that department, it didn't really have much of an initial drop. For that reason, along with the fact that it twisted and turned so much I honestly didn't know which way was up most of the time (kind of liked that), Drachen Fire was one of my favorite coasters. HOWEVER, I did not like just how much my head uncontrollably slammed from side to side in the head restraint, so I definitely understand where all the Drachen Fire haters are coming from! I guess I loved it since there are so few I go on that since the drop wasn't bad I was happy to be able to experience the rest of the loops, twists, and high speed. I still have a nice pewter medallion key chain of it! :rotfl2:

My worst are both from Six Flags Over Georgia:

- Georgia Cyclone
- Ninja

I don't visit Six Flags anymore, but I remember these being horrible. Georgia Cyclone was a wooden roller coaster and I thought I was going to DIE on that thing... the Ninja is steel, but it tossed me around like a ragdoll...I remember just constantly hitting my head over and over on the bars that come down over your body...had a major headache after that.

I pretty much don't ride roller coasters anymore, unless it's Disney. :goodvibes I'll do a few Universal ones as well...such as the Mummy, but I don't go crazy and do insane loopy roller coasters anymore...it's not worth the headache, plus my fiance hates them.

I had bruises on the inside of my arms from my wrists to my armpits from this stupid ride. Hello, steel rollercoasters should be smooth!!

The worst, however, was that Knott's Berry Farm monstrosity... I think it's "Ghost Rider" or something like that. I literally felt like I had been mugged once I got off the ride. Like, someone had punched me in the stomach dozens of times.

I hate wooden coasters. :P

I was going to say this one as well. I LOVE coasters of all types, and this was the first one I rode that I just felt unsafe while riding. It was the opposite of thrilling and fun.

I can't say there's one that I tried that I didn't like. Favorite - California Screamin' at DCA.

One ride I hated - Aero 360 at Kennywood (Pittsburgh).

I believe it's called the Predator at Darien Lake outside of Buffalo. It's a wooden coaster and I felt like I had been beaten after riding it. I hate wooden roller coasters.

The Rattler, Six Flags Fiesta Texas - this coaster was painful to ride.
It is being redone and reopens this spring, really hoping its better

Another vote for Mean Streak, I get a headache just thinking about it. I go to Cedar Point every year and have not rode the Mean Streak in at least 7 years. My very close second would be the Mantis, that one gives me a headache and hurts my thighs.

I love, love, love roller coasters!

That said, Gwazi & Busch Gardens in Tampa almost made me cry. It would the most jarring coaster I've even been on in my life. Not even down the first drop and I knew it was going to be a rough, horrible ride - NEVER AGAIN!!:faint:

Sidenote.... Cheetah Hunt is by far, the smoothest coaster I have ever been on!

Rode Cheetah Hunt for the first time about a month ago and it instantly became my favorite coaster in all of Florida!!

Gwazi is still horrible. They only had one side open, not sure if it was Lion or Tiger. Kumba switched to my "never again" list. Montu is still good. First time on Shrieka (sp). The dives were good but the rest of the ride was "meh."

I have one that hasn't been mentioned. At Holiday World in Santa Clause, IN. The Voyage...horrible headache.

Holiday has 3 roller coasters, all wooden. The Raven has gotten awards year after year. The Legend was the next installment and is ok, but seems to have only right turns and you are constantly pushed to the left. Then, the Voyage is the big one...horrible, there is never a long line because I think I'm not alone in this opinion.

Now, the water park at Holiday World is fabulous.

I haven't been to Holiday World since before Voyage was built. Sorry you don't like it. It's usually at or near the top of many coaster lover's favorites.

Jim

Son of Beast at Kings Island hands down. My back was thrown out of that sucker with the loop and without it. So glad it is being torn down, will not miss it.

One of my favorite rides used to be The Grizzly years ago at Kings Dominion. It used to be surrounded by a forest of trees, so you couldn't see the track at all. When the trees were chopped down, it totally ruined the hidden track effect for me.

My two worst ones are The Rattler at Fiesta Texas in San Antonio - it's too rough and caused me and my sister to bump heads so hard our heads were bleeding when we got off the ride!

My second worst is a really old one from Astroworld in Houston, TX. It was called Taz's Texas Tornado and the harness mechanism on that ride is one where it comes down automatically over your shoulders. For some reason the harness kept crunching down, to the point it had me compacted down in the seat - then we got stuck on the ride and I was in awful pain until they were able to get us moving again. I had bruises all over my shoulders for a week!

At Carowinds in NC there is a wooden coaster called called "The Hurler". I swear it feels like my insides are being rearranged while that thing flings me around.

I've been on that one, it's very bumpy and jerks you around a lot.

The worst one I've been on was the Mindbender at Edmonton Mall in Canada. I couldn't remember the name of the coaster and looked it up. I hadn't known that three people were killed on it back in the 80's. I probably wouldn't have gotten on it if I'd known!

Space Mountain at WDW, with Rock n Rollercoaster coming in a close second. RnRC sprained a bunch neck of muscles because the head restraint, well... it didn't. Space Mountain finished the job by spraining a couple of additional muscles in my sides and making me feel as though I'd been beaten with lead-filled rubber hoses.

I've ridden coasters off and on my whole life, and while I've gotten a little more sensitive to motion sickness over the years, I don't remember ever getting off a coaster before and feeling like I'd come out a distant second in a fight with a gorilla. The drops and loops are fun, but I can simulate the rest of the ride by taking a spin in the back of a cement truck on a steep mountain road.

Drakenfire at Busch Gardens in Va was the worst. It stood unused for about a year before it was removed. Even though it is great Historic Coaster, the Cyclone at Coney Island NY can give a very rough ride. I guess technology has improved over the last 90 Years.

I agree that Hershey Park's Sky Rush is the worst coaster I've been on. We were excited to ride it, but both of us spent the whole ride in pain, just hoping the ride would be over soon. When we got off, most of the other riders were complaining of pain also. As of last July, it was still the same painful restraint over the mid thighs.

One of Hershey Parks wooden coasters is pretty rough as well, though I can't remember the name right now. My niece is prone to concussions and we were seriously worried for her during the ride. And I see Mean Streak at Cedar Point mentioned quite a few times, but that one doesn't bother me too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter