What is the worst roller coaster you ever rode

Another vote for Cedar Point's Mean Streak. It left me bruised and hurting. Not fun at all!:sad2:

The Mummy in Universal Studios Orlando. I was forced on instead of letting me escape out the chicken exit, it was dark so I couldn't see what was next and the drops were too sudden for my liking. I hate not being able to see or tell what comes next.

The Georgia Cyclone at SixFlags over Georgia, hurt my neck, and I had head/neck aches all Summer.

It is the WORST for sure. :furious:There is nothing fun about this wooden coaster and when you bottom out after a hill you get severely beaten!

Let's see. Mind Eraser at the Six Flags parks is awful. Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure was pretty bad before they tore it down. And I'm not a fan of the restraint system on the Batman flying coaster at Six Flags America.

I think Mind Eraser wins the worst spot, though. It's the sort of coaster I usually like, but something about how it runs leaves me feeling like my head was used as a soccer ball.

Flasback. It was at Magic Mountain. Very interesting looking but a dull coaster.

Hehe, I'm suprissd nobody has mentioned my favorite roller coaster ever...The American Eagle at Six Flags Great America. That thing is an oooooold wooden coaster that just creaks and shakes and is rough and bumpy and just a really fun time, lol. :thumbsup2

The worst coaster I ever rode? Hmm...I guess I don't have one! There are a couple I wouldn't go out of my way to ride again, but I've enjoyed every coaster I've been on.

It depends on what is meant by "worst."
Worst = Lamest? That's a tie between Six Flags Great Adventure's Skull Mountain or Cedar Point's Disaster Transport.
Worst = Expectations were higher than what was promised? That would be Cedar Point's Mean Streak.
Worst = Most bone-jarring contraption ever built? We have a 4-way tie here: Mantis at Cedar Point (especially difficult for males), New York New York in Las Vegas, Drachen"pile" at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, and finally the winner by a slight edge - Hercules at Dorney Park in PA. My innards will never be the same again after those few Hercules rides. Thankfully, Hercules and Drachenpile are forever banished, along with Son of Beast, never to return!

NY NY coaster in Las Vegas was rough.

Hercules at Dorney- pretty bad as well
Gone now- but the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure was rough

Great American Scream Machine gets my vote! It made my ears bleed and gave me the worst headache.

I live just past Six Flags New England. I will never again ride the Mind Eraser or Flashback (although half my problem with Flashback was the lap bar-checker. Even though the lap bar was locked down and I couldn't move under it, she mashed it down even further, right into my abdomen - I was in pain before the ride even started).

And sad to say that my ride on Space Mountain 2 weeks ago was my last. I had one abdominal surgery in 2000, one in May 2012, and one (minor) in September 2012. It was a very painful ride, with the lap bar slamming into my gut every couple of seconds.

My least favorites by far...

MANTIS, Cedar Point. That thing is sooo uncomfortable, esp. for a short person. The shoulder harness bumps against your head making it a downright painful ride. :scared:

MEAN STREAK, Cedar Point. I'm with the majority here. It is terrible when it suddendly brakes around the sharp corners. A headache in the making for sure. :sick:

I was never a fan of SON OF BEAST, but I felt it wasn't as harsh as Mantis or Mean Streak.

I really love THE BEAST! That is my favorite wooden coaster hands down!! :thumbsup2

However, that being said best roller coaster, MILLENIUM FORCE!! Oh, that ride is awesome. So smooth and fast, love love love it! :love:

Not sure why this thread got bumped? Anyways, in case you're wondering...

Worst = Lamest? That's a tie between Six Flags Great Adventure's Skull Mountain or Cedar Point's Disaster Transport.

Disaster Transport is no longer. It was torn down to make way for Gatekeeper, their newest coaster. :)

Disaster Transport is no longer. It was torn down to make way for Gatekeeper, their newest coaster. :)

Does anyone remember Avalanche Run? It was Disaster Transport BEFORE they put it in the dark. As if that ride wasn't lame enough in the dark, it was even worse in broad daylight. :lmao:

Does anyone remember Avalanche Run? It was Disaster Transport BEFORE they put it in the dark. As if that ride wasn't lame enough in the dark, it was even worse in broad daylight. :lmao:

Yep, I remember the year it opened. We waited like 2 hours to get on the ride and kept sitting there waiting for it to do something. I swear, the thing never cracked 20 MPH.

Enclosing it and making it into Disaster Transport was actually a decent move. It still was lame, but at least being in the dark added a little something to it. Plus, having an indoor ride in mid July was a nice option. ;)

Yep, I remember the year it opened. We waited like 2 hours to get on the ride and kept sitting there waiting for it to do something. I swear, the thing never cracked 20 MPH.

Enclosing it and making it into Disaster Transport was actually a decent move. It still was lame, but at least being in the dark added a little something to it. Plus, having an indoor ride in mid July was a nice option. ;)

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Yes, that thing was slow for a roller coaster!

You know, my family would always ride Disaster Transport but we'd do it first so it wouldn't seem so weak. I agree, making it dark was a smart move to save an expensive flop of a coaster.

The worst for me is The Grizzly at Kings Dominion, VA. It would be a really fun ride if not for the break your neck roughness. I actually am not a fan of ANY wooden roller coasters.

Also will put Manta at Seaworld on my list. Very cool ride, I'm glad I atleast tried it, but I have never been so disoriented in my life.

apirateslifeforme said:
And sad to say that my ride on Space Mountain 2 weeks ago was my last. I had one abdominal surgery in 2000, one in May 2012, and one (minor) in September 2012. It was a very painful ride, with the lap bar slamming into my gut every couple of seconds.

The first time we visited WDW after living in California for a few years I wass sho ked at how rough Florida's version of Space Mountain is! The two versions of the same ride a completely different. If it were my choice, I'd skip it altogether at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!