What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has "Word" and is interested in how to make your letters be filled with the Disney images.. This works for me..

1st) Find the Disney image you want to use.
2nd) From WORD, do Insert, Picture, Word Art.
3rd) Pick your image and write your name.
4th) From the Word Art Toolbar, Select Format Word Art (or Right click on the image and select Format Word Art).
5th) Under 'Colors and Lines' tab, select the drop down box for Color and pick fill effects. Click the Picture tab, then the select picture button. Then ok.
6th) Done :) -- I hope it works for you.

Thanks so much for these instructions. I was able to do the same technique in Power Point!

Cindy D.

Thank you so much. This is exactly the one I was looking for.:cool1: I hope I can come up with a creative twist to make it our own. :idea: The door magnets on this site are clever and creative. I'm eager to get started.:woohoo:

Thanks again.:wave2:
:worship:

:thanks: Cindy M.

Cindy D.

Thank you so much. This is exactly the one I was looking for.:cool1: I hope I can come up with a creative twist to make it our own. :idea: The door magnets on this site are clever and creative.

Wish that was me that helped, but it was BevToy. I hadn't seen that picture before of the princesses, but it reminded me of that Mother Goose and Grimm comic with the Disney princesses in it. Kinda has that same feel to it.

Heres one of (I Think) Kirstens creations that you might want? I would love the picture by itself if anyone has it.
gw22jpg-1.jpg

I found this on-line a while back. I'm assuming you don't want a design just the full picture and if that is the case here you go:

smile_for_the_camera_by_bri_chan.jpg

I found this on-line a while back. I'm assuming you don't want a design just the full picture and if that is the case here you go:

smile_for_the_camera_by_bri_chan.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I have been trying to find the artist for it to see about use and this is the first time it's been big enough to read.

Her name is Brianna Garcia and unfortunately you can only use her stuff for icons.
http://bri-chan.deviantart.com/ Has some more of her things. They are quite wonderful. It also has a large version of the princesses.:thumbsup2

Linda

Thank you for posting this! I have been trying to find the artist for it to see about use and this is the first time it's been big enough to read.

Her name is Brianna Garcia and unfortunately you can only use her stuff for icons.
http://bri-chan.deviantart.com/ Has some more of her things. They are quite wonderful. It also has a large version of the princesses.:thumbsup2

Linda
Thanks for the site her work is amazing!

If anyone has "Word" and is interested in how to make your letters be filled with the Disney images.. This works for me..

1st) Find the Disney image you want to use.
2nd) From WORD, do Insert, Picture, Word Art.
3rd) Pick your image and write your name.
4th) From the Word Art Toolbar, Select Format Word Art (or Right click on the image and select Format Word Art).
5th) Under 'Colors and Lines' tab, select the drop down box for Color and pick fill effects. Click the Picture tab, then the select picture button. Then ok.
6th) Done :) -- I hope it works for you.

Thanks for posting this! It's awesome!:woohoo:

Thank you for posting the WORD instructions. I tried and tried and tried, but don't know what I'm doing wrong. I finally gave up. I'm just really computer stupid. I can't even figure out how to post a picture here.
I only wanted to make my family some name signs. Anyway thanks for trying to help. :'(

Thank you for posting the WORD instructions. I tried and tried and tried, but don't know what I'm doing wrong. I finally gave up. I'm just really computer stupid. I can't even figure out how to post a picture here.
I only wanted to make my family some name signs. Anyway thanks for trying to help. :'(

I had the same problem, but... I did come up with another way.

Open Word
Under the insert menu, choose picture-word art. Pick the type of word art and enter your text.

You need to have the drawing tool bar open for the next part.

On the drawing tool bar, click on the the "fill" button, click on "fill effects",choose the picture tab,select picture, which will allow you to browse you files. Insert you picture and then click ok.
This will fill the word.

Hope this works for you:thumbsup2

Not a problem everyone! I've found a MILLION disney pictures on that deviant art site that I love! Hope it makes ur daughters day!:goodvibes

Here are 2 door magnets I made for our first cruise on the Wonder in Sept.
I tried to think of something differnt and cute to do...
I have never posted pics before so I hope I did it right!:confused3

12years.jpg

paper.jpg

12years.jpg

paper.jpg

Really cute! :love:

Wow those are great! Could you post the pictures without the words for others to use?

12years.jpg

paper.jpg
FamilyAtSea-1.jpg

Wow those are great! Could you post the pictures without the words for others to use?

FamilyAtSea-1.jpg

Love these door magnets. I'm trying to come up with ideas now for our next cruise. It'll probably take me a while cause I'm not real good at stuff like that but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Would it be off topic to post backgrounds that people can use as they wish to create a magnet, for instance:
classic_wp_06_1024.jpg

I think posting pictures that us computer dummies could use is a GREAT help and idea! Thanks!! Now can someone explain how to put words on the posters once I save it to my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter