What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think posting pictures that us computer dummies could use is a GREAT help and idea! Thanks!! Now can someone explain how to put words on the posters once I save it to my computer?

I use a card program such as "Print Workshop", it has the ability to add text to graphics.

The newspaper clipping is so clever. How did you do that?

Here are 2 door magnets I made for our first cruise on the Wonder in Sept.
I tried to think of something differnt and cute to do...
I have never posted pics before so I hope I did it right!:confused3

12years.jpg

paper.jpg

I think posting pictures that us computer dummies could use is a GREAT help and idea! Thanks!! Now can someone explain how to put words on the posters once I save it to my computer?

I'm no genius with this stuff, so I use powerpoint to make the signs. Once you've saved the picture you want to your computer you can just insert it into your powerpoint slide.

Then add a text box wherever you want text, and you are good to go!

You can either print from powerpoint, or turn it into a jpg by doing a

Edit-Select All - Copy

Open up Microsoft Paint then do Edit Paste

Save As - newfilename.jpg

I'm sure there are better more, eloquent ways to do it, but that's the only way I know how to do it for now.

Hi Kristen -

First of all I want to echo everyone else's comments - your work is AMAZING! and it's really sad that someone is doing what they're doing to you..not nice at all.

Secondly - I saw your work on your other website - again, great work! What would I need to do if I'd like to request your services to personalize some for me??

Thanks so much!

The newspaper clipping is so clever. How did you do that?

Thanks! I used Paint Shop Pro. It has a way to make things look like aged newspaper. I thought it would be cute to print up a few of them and put a new one out everyday. Sort of a running headline! :)

There are some tutorials on the internet on how to do them. Just type in "aged newspaper tutorial"

Sherrlon - How did you make the sign with Mickey & Minnie on the beach with the Wonder in the background? It is so cute. Did you use Paint Shop? :)

Sherrlon - How did you make the sign with Mickey & Minnie on the beach with the Wonder in the background? It is so cute. Did you use Paint Shop? :)

Thanks!
I used Paint Shop Pro.
To make Mickey and Minnie I used paint shop pro's tubes to make the water and sand. Then I just cut and paste Mickey and Minnie onto the background I made.
They have an "aged newspaper setting" under the effects menu. You can just make a newspaper black and white, then use the effects menu to make it look sorta older.

I need a little help. I have a paint shop program and I have downloaded pictures from Disney Desktop. Okay...now the problem....I don't know how to edit out the words - "disney desktop" using the paint shop program. Can anyone tell me how to do it. Thanks so much!!

I need a little help. I have a paint shop program and I have downloaded pictures from Disney Desktop. Okay...now the problem....I don't know how to edit out the words - "disney desktop" using the paint shop program. Can anyone tell me how to do it. Thanks so much!!
Can you crop the picture to omit the words? Or else place something with a colored background over them.

Donald & Daisy...

Look in the toobar for an "eraser" tool...and drag it over the words.
(It shouldn't take the background with it...)
I don't have Paintshop Pro but that works in photoshop

Here's what we ended up with on our door on the MAgic.

DCL2007293.jpg

Hi Cindy

I took my camera and photo your door sign then guess what I forgot take photo of my door signs :sad2:

I took lot of photos and I cannot believe that I forgot to photo my OWN door signs.

Scottishwee35

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter