What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
My almost 14 y/o dd decided that our door had to have something special on it for our first cruise in a week or so. So, she printed out a bunch of photos of us all on vacation in WDW, pasted them onto a piece of green stock, with all screen names on it and such, then got it laminated and asked me to put some magnetic tape on the back!! It is so terrific....she showed such creativity!! Now our door will not be empty!!

If anyone has "Word" and is interested in how to make your letters be filled with the Disney images.. This works for me..

1st) Find the Disney image you want to use.
2nd) From WORD, do Insert, Picture, Word Art.
3rd) Pick your image and write your name.
4th) From the Word Art Toolbar, Select Format Word Art (or Right click on the image and select Format Word Art).
5th) Under 'Colors and Lines' tab, select the drop down box for Color and pick fill effects. Click the Picture tab, then the select picture button. Then ok.
6th) Done :) -- I hope it works for you.

I am going to try this later! Thanks bunches!

one more door magnet

savvysmall.jpg

What a hot looking sign :love:

I just wanted to thank everyone who submitted pictures that I copied for my own magnets:thumbsup2 . Unfortunately I could not figure out how to upload them to this site photobucket did not like the program I used. I'll have to try another way. But I went crazy with them. :lmao: Anyway if I can't get the pictues up please stop by my stateroom 2075 & 2077. I even made our fish extender. I'll work on posting them by the time I leave on Friday.:hourglass
Cindy

We just found out this year. It is a little something you hang off the little fish next to your cabin door. It's a neat way for people to leave messages in them or a little treat. I don't know more than that since we've never done it. This year is a first, and I just noticed were not on the fish extender list. I think you can also put "fish extender" in the search engine and you'll get more information.
Cindy

This is a great door magnet.:thumbsup2

And such a great font.... Nice and piratey... :love: pirate:
And a great background texture...
And a great job of clipping around Jack... and compass... and money...
And a great job of distressing the edges...

Oh heck with it. Bevtoy said it best -- it's just a great door magnet! :lmao:

And such a great font.... Nice and piratey... :love: pirate:
And a great background texture...
And a great job of clipping around Jack... and compass... and money...
And a great job of distressing the edges...

Oh heck with it. Bevtoy said it best -- it's just a great door magnet! :lmao:

awww, thanks! I really had fun doing it. My son is 9 1/2 so really into pirates and adventure. He could care less about Disney stuff unless its Suite Life or Corey in the House(which I can't stand BTW):) so I wanted to do something he would enjoy.
:cool1:

awww, thanks! I really had fun doing it. My son is 9 1/2 so really into pirates and adventure. He could care less about Disney stuff unless its Suite Life or Corey in the House(which I can't stand BTW):) so I wanted to do something he would enjoy.
:cool1:

Do you take requests??!!! :rolleyes1 My DW loves Capt. Jack pirate: almost as much as me, (heck, probably more) and she would LOVE that magnet!! :love:

Hi all,

we have just got back from our first cruise on the Wonder (19-23 Aug). Just thought I would post a photo of our door. Thanks to all for the tips which helped bring this together.

DSC01238.jpg

Now we need to start saving to book in 2009 and try and better our designs.

Dave

Hi all,

we have just got back from our first cruise on the Wonder (19-23 Aug). Just thought I would post a photo of our door. Thanks to all for the tips which helped bring this together.

DSC01238.jpg

Dave

Neat Door. i am getting some things together for our door at POR this year.
Where did the large Mickey ears come from and what exactly is on them? I can tell the pics on some but not the writing.

Hi all,

DSC01238.jpg

Dave

I love your door! We are going on our first cruise in November on the Wonder. I love your fish extender also. Do you mind me asking, did you buy that on the ship? If so, do you remember how much you paid for it? Thanks!

Hi,
the big heads are just circles done on word, with a background copied from various images and names and a character put on for each member of the family. I have dug them out of the bags and photographed them so hopefully you can see a bit more detail. I don't have any imaging software, so have to use word and it really can't cope with the amount of info I have put in. The main image was a bit of a nightmare to do, but worth it in the end.

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

PM me if you want the word versions.

Dave

Thank you for digging them out of your bags. They are so neat. The clipart is perfect. I just saw that Tigger is parasailing, that is so cool. Very neat idea.

I am PMing you :)

I love your door! We are going on our first cruise in November on the Wonder. I love your fish extender also. Do you mind me asking, did you buy that on the ship? If so, do you remember how much you paid for it? Thanks!

I know i am not the one you asked , but as far as i know, they do NOT sell FE's.. As that is a term that was basically "invented" here on the DIS - i don't know who started it - i am sure someone does.. But there is a whole thread here about them, and patterns for both sew and no sew projects. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter