What attractions are rumored to be closing?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by NateNLogansDad, Oct 27, 2012.

1. kalee45

kalee45 Mouseketeer

Do you think Disney has the ability to put multiple parks under construction at once? They haven't even finished the new FL at MK and there are rumors of SW updates at DHS and a whole new land at DAK. I know they'll have to capitalize on the rights to Avatar and Star Wars that they purchased, but if MK, DHS, and DAK all have construction going on:headache:..! I mean we all love new stuff but everyone hates construction!:badpc:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Merbean09

Merbean09 Mouseketeer

I'm coming out of lurkdom to say this:
    I think I am one of the few to not like the Cars franchise at all, or Phineas and Ferb. If they replace TVOTLM I will be so upset.

Also, Main Street Bakery will close?!? WHERE WILL I GET CINNAMON ROLLS THE SIZE OF MY HEAD?? :p

4. babydoll65

babydoll65 please stand clear of the doors, por favor manteng

They say Gastons tavern will be selling the cinn.rolls but with a maple icing instead. It is sad that the bakery is closing. That was my favorite place for breakfest.:worried:

5. Merbean09

Merbean09 Mouseketeer

I am not quite sure how I feel about that. Why are they closing it? Will they have another place do the big ice cream sandwiches? I feel like it was a Disney tradition for our family! :confused3

6. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Find any Starbucks is coming to the MK threads.

7. sammons70

sammons70 Mouseketeer

I couldn't agree more about the classics not going anywhere. I am a veteran Disney Land guest, and I still am not over Disney Land removing Bear Country for Winnie the Pooh. While I adore the characters and story of Finding Nemo, I long for the original Submarine Voyage attraction. When there is a classic attraction that you have enjoyed and have fond memories of since your first visit to the parks, it always feels like something is missing every time you go.
    With all of the land and room that Disney World resort has available to them, it would be senseless to remove Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion Tiki Room and CoP. I Personally have no recollection of ever experiencing CoP, but I can identify with passion for the classic attractions. Unless it is sitting completely empty all day, I say keep it open!

8. gray52

gray52 Mouseketeer

They can't close CoP... where would i take my daily nap?

9. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

We love COP and go at least once a year. This was the first time the 5 year old really was interested but he really liked it. There are so few places that kids can see how things used to be. The 8 and 11 year old really like it too.

I hope they keep it forever and just keep updating that last scene.

10. brucerob62

brucerob62 Mouseketeer

COP needs to go...let it go folks...just let it go...just becuase something is a classic doenst mean you dont get rid of it,,,change is good..the world evolves changes...everyday..if we dont like change we would be still in the horse and buggy days with no electronics...oh no that would be awful for some ...who are glued to there phones all day

11. mrs705

mrs705 Earning My Ears

I love this attraction and my little ones love it too just as I did as a kid. I hope they don't get rid of it. Expanding it with more futuristic ideas would be a great idea.

12. rdhshady3

rdhshady3 Earning My Ears

COP is a classic and should not ever go anywhere!!

13. rdhshady3

rdhshady3 Earning My Ears

Backlot needs to close. It has definately run its course and we do not even ride it anymore.

14. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Mouseketeer

Last couple of years? Its been over a decade since the "Under new Management" upgrade at the Enchanted Tiki Room.

15. Pumbaa7287

Pumbaa7287 I am the great Stone Dragon!

When Iago caught on fire a couple years ago they removed him and Zazu and restore the show to the original format. :thumbsup2

16. wildviper

wildviper Mouseketeer

I hear this rumor every couple of years. I hope it stays a rumor. It is one of my favorites that links directly back to Walt Disney.

17. wildviper

wildviper Mouseketeer

We like to say that we have two seasons in Minnesota, winter and road construction.

So what's a little more construction to make more magic. ;)

18. gray52

gray52 Mouseketeer

I believe there was a complete refurb last year.

19. floridaminnie

floridaminnie <font color=CC00FF> WDW is my 2nd home and working

The bakery was closed last weekend when we were there.

20. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

Big Top Souvenirs in the revamped Fantasyland has them.

You can count me among those that that look forward to a decent cup of coffee in MK over tradition.

21. BenKling

BenKling Mouseketeer

I love the classic rides, but I would cheer if Tiki Room went away. Maybe it's because I'm only 25 and don't have memories of retro Disney...but sitting on hard wooden benches watching dusty stuffed birds move back and forth is not my idea of magic.

I adore the jungle cruise, and it would be nice to see that ride get some love. A few new animals to show off new technology would be great.