What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since being here last this is what I read
The Time Travelers Wife: confusing at times but a good book
Barefoot: Elin Hilderbrand: Easy read, Great book, finished it in 2 days while on Vacation in Cancun
The Secret Life of Bees: Sue Monk Kidd: GREAT BOOK, I usually dont like books written in the 1960's but a GREAT womans book
Oxygen: Carol Cassella: it was OK, slow at times but not too bad especially if in the healthcare field
The Hour I First Believed: Wally Lamb Long book but good

next up:
She's Come Undone:Wally Lamb
Second Glance: Jodi Picoult

Thats if i dont find another book at Target I want to read:rotfl:

I

I just finished My Sisters Keeper and it was GREAT! I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know how it compares...but the book was wonderful.

Now I'm finishing up The Shack by WM. Paul Young. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started it, but it's actually very good so far.

I finished Child 44 and I was sad to see it end. I really liked it.

My librarian suggested Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I've been reading this sinced Saturday and I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of the premise of the Aurora Teagarden books by Charlaine Harris. It's about a girl whose family is murdered and she joins a Kill Club that investigates murders both old and new.

I've got a couple of books waiting for me to pickup at the library. When those are finished, I'll probably put Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn on hold.

Finished "The Forbidden" last night, starting "The Longing" that is the final book in "The Courtship of Nellie Fisher" series by Beverly Lewis.

After I finish this series I'm moving away from Beverly Lewis for a bit.

I love Conroy! I just finished "South of Broad", his long-awaited book set in Charleston. If you enjoy Beach Music you will love this one. :)

Thats awesome! Not finished Beach Music yet but I love it so far. I'll have to put that on my list of books to pick up :thumbsup2

I am reading Losing It by Valerie Bertinelli.......what an interesting book, I am really enjoying it.

Too Close To Home - Linwood Barclay

Started it yesterday and finished it tonight....really good.

My librarian suggested Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I've been reading this sinced Saturday and I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of the premise of the Aurora Teagarden books by Charlaine Harris. It's about a girl whose family is murdered and she joins a Kill Club that investigates murders both old and new.

I've got a couple of books waiting for me to pickup at the library. When those are finished, I'll probably put Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn on hold.

Just requested the Gillian Flynn's

Hi all! I am currently reading Chasing Harry Winston by Laura Weisberger. She also wrote The Devil Wears Prada and it is wonderful so far.

I finished The Shack last night - very good. After reading that and My Sisters Keeper I NEEDED something light and fluffy so now I'm on Mommywood by Tori Spelling. Lol, it's cute!

Hi all! I am currently reading Chasing Harry Winston by Laura Weisberger. She also wrote The Devil Wears Prada and it is wonderful so far.
I thought that was the weakest of her 3 books, but still very entertaining. I can't wait for her to offer another book.

If you like those, try The Nanny Diaries or The Au Pairs (Melissa DeLaCruz). Both are about the excesses of the wealthy and the tribulations they cause the not so "fortunate."

Tried a new contemporary Christian author - Kathryn Cushman - "A Promise To Remember".. Sadly, I was disappointed.. It was an excellent story line, but it never got to the point where it really "grabbed" me.. Had to work hard to finish that book.. :(

Next was a stand-alone Karen Kingsbury book - "Like Dandelion Dust".. That was excellent - quite the tear jerker.. It was a very easy read and very enjoyable..

Right now I'm reading another series of Amish fiction by Beverly Lewis - 3 books in one: "The Postcard"; "Crossroads"; and "Sanctuary".. Finished "The Postcard" last night and I'm about 3/4's of the way through "Crossroads" right now.. I know the first two are a series - not sure about "Sanctuary".. From what I read on the cover, it doesn't sound like a continuation of the first two, but I could be wrong..

While I'm really, really enjoying the Amish fiction, I have a Shaker fiction series due to arrive in the mail soon and I'm anxious to compare it to the Amish.. I've never looked very far into the differences between the two cultures/religions, so it should be quite interesting..:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter