What are the "must-not do's" at WDW? (unDisney like)

Got another one

DONT wear or use anything other then strollers or medically approved items with wheels. This means, no skateboards (how on earth did you sneak that past security), Heelies/skates/whatever (you may get clothes lined if you come barreling at the wrong person) and backpacks with wheels (you drag them behind you and trip up ppl from the back end---if you cant carry it then maybe you shouldnt be bringing it) this goes for coolers too

1. Dont show up to a resteraunt without ADRs and expect to sit down right away in the middle of busy season.

2. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER wear a wet bathing suit to a park, and walk around with it all day. You legs could become so chap you cant even walk, and you'll probably ask for a wheelchair but not get one. Then you'll probably walk around the park with your legs spread apart and not bending your knees. Then people with probably look at you like your crazy. But i dont know what kind of idiot would do this................:confused3:crazy:

3. Dont wear a brand new, $20 hat on splash mountain.

:rotfl: Are we talkin' personal experience on numbers 2 and 3????;)
Sorry the hat wasnt that funny but the picture of the stiff chap-legged walk has now imbedded itself behind my eyelids:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: 1. When you are on the Haunted Mansion and trying to find the ring at the end of the ride and you have a lot of your friends who lets say arnt the smartest people dont suddenly stop espically if you have fastpasses for SM cause they will run into you and knock you down!!! lol

2. Dont eat Before Going on the Tea Cups!! well there goes the corn dog you had at Caseys!! lol

3. When Stich Spits at you on the ride please dont spit back it makes a huge mess!! lol

Don't take 45 pictures of your child with Baloo. (or any other character for that matter:goodvibes ) they'll all look the same. And after you take the pictures, don't search in your bottomless backpack for a pen and autograph book for you little one to give to the character. People are waiting patiently behind you, and the characters are only there for so long.

I think that's a bit of a misunderstanding. Some people (me too) have digital cameras that allow them to manually change the lens and shutter settings. I sometimes take three pictures of the same thing.
1. I shoot in complete autofocus mode
2. The second picture is with the f/stop decreased by one and the brightness increased by one
3. The third picture is with the f/stop increased by one and the brightness decreased by one
None of the pictures will come out the same but the first picture almost never looks better than the other two. Semi-pro photographers are becoming more prevalent with the introduction of affordable digital photography.
But as for your frustration, I understand that. If taking a picture and at least one person was waiting for me, I just set my camera to auto and shoot. Sometimes, I come back later if the "scene" hasn't changed and try again. With semi-professional photographers, it isn't unusual to take 100-200 pictures and use only half of them. That's the art of the hobby. You have to be ready to sacrifice some pictures but of course, it's true that some take the concept too far and this I admit is very rude and unprofessional.

She also said that IT WAS IN THE BIBLE. Anyway, she called security, and I dont know what became of the woman.....​
My question, how can you do something like this is the happiest place on earth? This poor little boy, trying to have fun at disney.... its sad​

I'm wondering, is this where they got the name "bible-thumper"? I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

This means, no skateboards (how on earth did you sneak that past security), Heelies/skates/whatever (you may get clothes lined if you come barreling at the wrong person) and backpacks with wheels (you drag them behind you and trip up ppl from the back end---if you cant carry it then maybe you shouldnt be bringing it) this goes for coolers too

I am starting to see these backpacks and coolers more and more. They absolutely do not belong in the parks. I have seen many people trip over them because you aren't looking at your feet as you walk through WDW. Fortunately, I have not seen anybody get hurt.

It's so easy to get caught up in the little annoying stuff, however, so I just shrug my shoulders and let it go. Some of the funniest stories that my family and I trade at gatherings involve "Do you remember when _____ happened at Disney World?"

Good point. I had a beautiful wedding (not WDW), it was perfect. We have nothing to talk about. . . :rotfl2:

Don't get too hung up in the annoying things or crazy events. Sometimes those make the best stories later!:rotfl:

Oh my gosh this reminds me of incident between my mom and an abusive mother at disney. While my mom was in a bathroom at AK, she heard a little boy screaming crying and and the sound of someone smaking him in the stall next to her. She heard a woman screaming and cursing at the boy. My mom, (being a concerned mother) got out of her stall, kicked down the door of the womans stall, and told her that she better stop beating her child, and that she was calling security. The woman went on screaming at my mom that it was OK to beat her child because she brought him out of the publics eye, and that because she was beating him with a shoe and NOT her hand, that it was ok. She also said that IT WAS IN THE BIBLE. Anyway, she called security, and I dont know what became of the woman.....​
My question, how can you do something like this is the happiest place on earth? This poor little boy, trying to have fun at disney.... its sad​

That is just so sad. Poor little boy. I don't agree at all with what she did, but I do believe that if you are going to discipline your children (in a nonabusive way) that it should be done in a private location rather then in front of everyone to see. To have your parents yelling or scolding you in front of others may be very embarrasing to the child and even if the parents don't think it is a big deal, many children will remember the embarassment of the incident for a very long time.........

Just my two cents...

I am starting to see these backpacks and coolers more and more. They absolutely do not belong in the parks. I have seen many people trip over them because you aren't looking at your feet as you walk through WDW. Fortunately, I have not seen anybody get hurt.

Far as I knew you are not allowed to "tow:" anything behind you. This includes pulling JR on his Heelies behind a motorized wheelchair. :lmao:

1. seriously.. for the love of god, LEAVE THE HEELIES AT HOME!! a friend of mine saw a kid actually crack his head open, and i have seen countless bumps and bruises happen. not to mention they could run into and hurt another guest!

2. don't stand up on the rides.. any rides. also, do not stand your children up on the rides. i dont care how tightly you're holding them, at some point you will not be paying attention and they will fall.. you better hope it's not out of the ride vehicle. this goes triple if there are CROCIDILES underneath you.

3. Plan ahead, but allow for some spontinaity. You're on vacation, have fun!!

PLEASE, I beg of you, if you walk up to a hot tub at 11 o'clock at night that's full of adults trying to unwind from a day of insanity in the parks, don't assume they all would love to have your Little Precious jump right in and begin snorkelling.

Really. Love kids; I own three.:) But I fail to understand why some parents think their 3, 4, or 5 year olds *need* to relax in the hot tub???

I'm wondering, is this where they got the name "bible-thumper"? I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
:rotfl2:
This is very funny, but I don't think it is true. I think Bible Thumper comes from preachers who beat their hand on the Bible to make their point. Can I get an Amen, kind of preachers.

PLEASE, I beg of you, if you walk up to a hot tub at 11 o'clock at night that's full of adults trying to unwind from a day of insanity in the parks, don't assume they all would love to have your Little Precious jump right in and begin snorkelling.

Really. Love kids; I own three.:) But I fail to understand why some parents think their 3, 4, or 5 year olds *need* to relax in the hot tub???

Speaking of pools and hot tubs...some couples need to remember that there are kids and other people around! Unwanted views of things goin on more than hanky-panky more than once! I just turned away and got out of the pool as quick as I could! :scared:

Do not ask drivers to stop for your camara (or anything else)if you drop it out of the vehicle during the safari...they wont:sad2:

-Shawn

Do not ask drivers to stop for your camara (or anything else)if you drop it out of the vehicle during the safari...they wont:sad2:

-Shawn

Does that include children? :lmao: Or do they just scoop them all up at nite and stick them in Small World till they grow up and become CM's?:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Sorry I had to.;)

Does that include children? :lmao: Or do they just scoop them all up at nite and stick them in Small World till they grow up and become CM's?:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Sorry I had to.;)

Yep, something like that :thumbsup2

-Shawn

I understand the stroller situation, my dbf is in a motorized wheelchair and people darting in front of him happens all the time. It is not his fault if they get bumped.

I walk beside him in the parks, sometimes people try to squeeze between the two of us. We always walk on the right side and the rudeness of going between us really annoys me.

Also, if you happen to be at Super Soap Weekend in the wheelchair section waiting for the motorcades, please do not stand up to take pictures. My dbf can not stand up and if you do all he sees is your behind and back, that is not what he came there to see, lol. There is a rule of no standing in that section but the CM's were not enforcing it:confused3 .

Lastly, do not assume that he and I get on the rides quicker because he is in a wheelchair. He does not transfer, therefore we have to wait like everyone else, sometimes even longer than you do because there are only so many places his wheelchair will go.

We absolutely love Disney!!! DBF wants to move to Florida some day:cheer2: .

Don't point at Donald And yell: "HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY PANTS". It's just not cool...:confused3

Kazzy:hippie:

Oh my! I'm afraid I'm guilty of that one! While at Chef Mickey's, I told Donald he really should wear some pants. He sheepishy covered his tail feathers and wouldn't turn his back to us!

OK, maybe not cool, but I think it's really fun to mess with the characters a little. It must give them something to talk about in the breakroom. I also told Piglet they had pork on the buffet at Crystal Palace. He made a slashing motion across his neck and acted nervous!

Don't wear or let your kiddo's wear fake Crocs. They will blister feet something awful. Friend's DD 8 had a fake pair and I didn't want to point out their fakeissity and make a big deal but wish I had.

Luckily in line for Soarin', we were talking to the family in front of us about comfortable shoes and Crocs came up. Friend said they tried them but gave DD blisters. Little girl in front says, "Only the fake ones do that. I know I had a fake pair and they did it to me." She then looked down at them and said, "Yep, those are fake ones" and had this REALLY cute look of pity for poor friend's DD8.

She has real ones now. A Croc outlet store just opened near us!

Have fake crocs - bought two months before WDW and wore them in before the trip. Not a single problem (during WDW or now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter