What are the "must-not do's" at WDW? (unDisney like)

Likewise, you've spent who-knows-how-much to get here. No amount of WalMart perfume is going to sear one's nasal passages enough so that we don't notice you forgot the deodorant. Spring for it princess, it a good thing.
Personal hygiene is always in good taste.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OMG, ITA with this one! I really do think all those misting stations they have should have deodorant spritzing out of them and the pools should have anti-bacterial soap in them - everyone loves a bubble bath!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OMG, ITA with this one! I really do think all those misting stations they have should have deodorant spritzing out of them and the pools should have anti-bacterial soap in them - everyone loves a bubble bath!

That would be really good!

In what's going to be a relatively empty theater, when you're the only party in your row, please don't sit directly in front of the only person in the row behind you.

OMG- this is my new favorite thread. DH is threatening to cut off computer privs right now but I am laughing too hard to care :rotfl2:

Don't video tape dark rides with a night vision light on a video camera...
The CMs behind the scenes think you're light on the camera is on and they will yell at you over the loudspeakers!!!
(someone's gotta tell them the difference between night vision and a bright camera light!, I got yelled at on Pirates once for it!!!)

I have an idea..enjoy the ride instead...

PLEASE, I beg of you, if you walk up to a hot tub at 11 o'clock at night that's full of adults trying to unwind from a day of insanity in the parks, don't assume they all would love to have your Little Precious jump right in and begin snorkelling.

Really. Love kids; I own three.:) But I fail to understand why some parents think their 3, 4, or 5 year olds *need* to relax in the hot tub???

Agree with this but for another reason: Little girls (as well as us big girls) are more likely to get UTI's from public hot tubs. They are too hot for the kiddies anyway. DD is not allowed in any after DH and DF let her go in one in 2004 when we went to WDW. No fun having a 4 yo with a UTI. But i digress......

My other don't do's:

Don't be afraid to do something or eat somewhere new. Life is full of new experiences, you may just find out you really enjoy that buffet at Norway:scared: .

Don't call Spaceship Earth "The Big Golf Ball". It is a geodesic sphere. (I know it does look like a golf ball)

Don't let your bigger kids push and mow over littler ones at shows or events. At the WL last year, a bunch of tweens practically killed the little ones when they were doing the duck races. If your 12 yo wants a little rubber duckie, maybe you should see someone about that;)

Don't continue to sit on the bus is someone who is visibly pregnant or carrying a small sleeping child gets on and the bus is full. Offer up a seat to someone who can really use it! I know we are all tired after a long day, but share a little magic and it will come back to you!

Unless, of course you are having good craic.

Please, don't send your young child (of any age actually) pushing ahead in the line and then come after saying, "OH! I must catch up with my child." I for one will stop the child and be sure you do catch up to the child. Don't bother to thank me. I'm happy to help.

i started a thread about this a couple years ago and i mentioned how i asked a lady and kids to please get up because our food and others were getting cold while her husband waited in line. some people on here really fried me. some actually said that if i ever did that to their wife they would pound me. they said they had every right to hold a table cause they were spending a lot of money to be there. i used to be in the fast food business in another life and we did not allow table saving at all as long john silvers has small dining areas

I'm sorry to hear people were so mean. I honestly believe in holding a table if you are really already in line and won't be long. I am usually walking (or my DH is) with a tray or two full of food for 4, not easy to balance through all the tables, looking for somewhere to sit. We have 2 preschoolers and holding onto them and all that food is hard. They don't eat in their laps well yet and spill food and drink everywhere if we ask that of them. We usually get in line with him, look at the choices and make ours, then go find the table so he really isn't far behind. Sometimes we'll go to the restroom while he gets in line and then find the table. once again, that shortens the time we have it, but saves a catastrophe.;)

Put your trash away in the food courts! I can't even count the amount of times I saw people just leave their trays with trash at the tables... :(

Agree with this but for another reason: Little girls (as well as us big girls) are more likely to get UTI's from public hot tubs. They are too hot for the kiddies anyway. DD is not allowed in any after DH and DF let her go in one in 2004 when we went to WDW. No fun having a 4 yo with a UTI. But i digress......

Don't call Spaceship Earth "The Big Golf Ball". It is a geodesic sphere. (I know it does look like a golf ball)

Little boys shouldn't be in the hot tub either if you'd like them to have kids someday, because , well, just think of what happens to an egg when you poach it.:rolleyes1

However, we will still be calling Spaceship Earth the "Golf Ball". DD did it at 2 1/2 and it still makes us smile.:love:

I'm sorry to hear people were so mean. I honestly believe in holding a table if you are really already in line and won't be long. I am usually walking (or my DH is) with a tray or two full of food for 4, not easy to balance through all the tables, looking for somewhere to sit. We have 2 preschoolers and holding onto them and all that food is hard. They don't eat in their laps well yet and spill food and drink everywhere if we ask that of them. We usually get in line with him, look at the choices and make ours, then go find the table so he really isn't far behind. Sometimes we'll go to the restroom while he gets in line and then find the table. once again, that shortens the time we have it, but saves a catastrophe.;)
consider this; you are standing there juggling all of that and and your food and see 10or 12 tables being saved and nowhere for you to sit! you would change your opinion in a hurry ive seen it happen. cutting in at a table is the same as cutting in at the food line, a ride line, a character line or anything else. now before you get mad consider the reality of it. if you are saving you have to be able to look up at the people standing there with food getting cold waiting for a place to sit and say to yourself thats their problem if their food gets cold not mine ive staked out my territory. no different than the other reply on this post about giving a bus seat to someone more tired than you.

Don't walk down Main Street with a smoke in your hand.
We can smell it, and you are not being sneaky by holding it at your hip. It is dangerous for children walking by. I saw a girl get burnt when thousands of people were leaving MK one night.

Don't light up anywhere that you aren't supposed to smoke.

Don't be mean to your children. You brought them here for them to have fun. Don't ruin it for them.

I agree with PP who said give up your seat on the bus for someone who needs it more than you.

Little boys shouldn't be in the hot tub either if you'd like them to have kids someday, because , well, just think of what happens to an egg when you poach it.:rolleyes1

I'm not saying I want a bunch of little kids in the hot tub with me (far from it) but this just cannot be true as little boys have taken hot baths for centuries & there are still lots of babies. I would think a little boy would have to be in a VERY hot hot tub for a VERY long time before this would happen.:upsidedow

Don't let your children play in the pop up water areas in their "whitie tighties":scared1: My 4 yo was rather shocked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter