We're Back and I Can't Stand to Look at Another Dessert Apr.2010 6/2 Crystal Palace

Great review!!! I don't know where to start! Everything looks soooooo good. The shrimp appetizer and the filet are calling to me!!! Also the banana chocolate cake yummmm!!!

Hi
I really enjoyed reading your reviews!! Thanks for the pics also. I can't wait for our trip in Sept. My son is going to love the tequila flight!! It looks awesome.

Great Report so far!! Hope you are an inspiration to me on my trip to remember to take pictures BEFORE we start eating!!

Breakfast-
For breakfast we just had muffins and bananas from Contempo Cafe. It was a quick, cheap breakfast. Nothing exciting.
274.jpg

For lunch we went to Tangierine Cafe and DH and I both got the Shawarma chicken platters. On the dining plan they came with a side and a dessert and drink as well. We both got french fries and baklava. The platter was excellent as always. I love the chicken they serve here. They had awesome french fries as well.
286.jpg

Total-$40.75 Total so far-$719.63

After lunch we were still hungry so we snacked around Epcot. First, a chocolate crepe from France. This was the first time I had tried this, it was so good!
289.jpg

Then both DH and I got Kaki Gori's. I got the tangerine and he got the melon flavor.
290.jpg

Then we were still hungry. :laughing: Not sure how but...we went to Sunshine Seasons. I got the butterfinger cheesecake. It was ok, didn't have enought Butterfinger IMO.
279.jpg

DH got a cheese danish.
278.jpg

Thats all for now!

Up next...a disappointing dinner at California Grill

loving all the reviews!! I wanted to try Tangierine cafe this time :thumbsup2 don't know if I am looking forward to your negative review of CG.. we are going there and I was all excited about it!! :eek:

Yum - our meal at Tangieriene didn't look half so nice as yours, maybe I'll give it another try. Loved the look of those desserts - how does that work on vacation? Keeping pushing it down LOL I'm the same.

Great reviews and great pictures :thumbsup2
I thought that the Tangierine Cafe was great, so did DH
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the California Grill

Great reviews!!!! Tangerine Cafe looks so good...I always wanted to try that place when we were in Epcot but my family is less than adventurous with their eating ....maybe next trip. :)

Your Citricos meal looks absolutely delicious. Even from a pic, you can see the swordfish is perfectly cooked. It's too bad I don't think we'll be hitting Citricos this year.

Tangerine Cafe is awesome. It was the only place we ate twice last year. I don't think we were given an extra side under the meal plan, though (not that we needed anymore food!). Were there any other choices besides fries?

YAY!!! Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!! We plan to hit quite a few of these on our Dec. trip w/ Deluxe Dining! Anxiously waiting............

Sorry I've been slacking on my dining review a bit, been really busy. I will try to update tomorrow night. I've been hanging out on cruise critic.com a little too much too, we decided to not do Disney in November but rather a Southern Caribbean cruise! :cool1:

Thanks for hanging in there! :goodvibes

Ok sorry that I have been slacking, it's been a busy week.

Onto the next review...California Grill
We got all dressed up and ready for this ADR.
329.jpg

We went to sit in the lounge before our reservation but before we could even sit, our pager went off. We had a 9:20 reservation for the 10:00 Wishes. First, I started off with yet another Sangria. This one was ok, the one at Citricos was much better.
330.jpg

For my appetizer, I decided to try the goat cheese ravioli. I'm not sure why I got this as I'm not crazy about goat cheese to begin with. I figured I had been trying new things so why not go for it. I didn't really like it, if you love goat cheese its good.
334.jpg

DH got the cheese flat bread. He had gotten this before and loved it, and it was just as good as before. Probably the best part of our meal.
333.jpg

Wishes started right before we received our entrees. We were seated right next to the window so we had a great view. I attempted to take some pictures but this is how they came out...

Me anxiously waiting for the fireworks.
332.jpg

331.jpg

337.jpg

For my entree, I ordered the sweet potato-ricotta tortollini without mushrooms. I did not like this dish one bit. I didn't think that the flavor of the sauce and the sweet potato blended very well. I expected the sweet potatoes to be sweet (obviously) but the whole dish was very sweet. Just not very good. :sad2:
336.jpg

DH got the oak fired filet of beef and he didn't like it very much. There was fat in his piece unlike the one he had gotten at Citricos. He ate it (as he eats everything) but overall wasn't impressed.
335.jpg

For dessert, I was really hoping that The Original was still on the menu, which it was not. So, I settled for the bananas and caramel. This was alright, but I think after having such a sweet dinner, I just really wasn't in the mood for a sugary dessert.
339.jpg

DH ordered Valrhona Chocolate Cake which once again was only ok. He much prefered the warm banana chocolate tart from Citricos. Actually, after our wonderful meal at Citricos it set the mark for our meals the rest of the week. DH compared everything to our great food there.
338.jpg

DH also discovered that since I had only ordered water and alcohol for my drink, we still had one drink left that was included on the dining plan so he ordered a shot of espresso.
340.jpg

At this time, it was 11:00 at night so I have no idea why he thought that it was a good idea to get espresso. :confused3 He ended up walking around the hotel for an hour or so because he couldn't fall asleep later, but thats a different story. :laughing:

We would not return here, for two dining credits the food just did not stack up. This was our second time dining here and we were disappointed both times. While the view is great, our little secret is that the view at Narcoossees is much better as well as the food.

Cost-$137.92 Total so far-$857.55

Great review! Sorry your entrees were not to your liking. That's always disappointing. It's nice that you got such a great table though! That bananas and caramel looks sooooo good!!! I hope it's there when we are!!!

Sorry your Cali Grill meal wasn't so fantastic; DBF really wants to eat there, but there's honestly nothing on the menu that grabs me.

Great review! Sorry your entrees were not to your liking. That's always disappointing. It's nice that you got such a great table though! That bananas and caramel looks sooooo good!!! I hope it's there when we are!!!

Yes the view was great but I rather have just watched them from our room, as we had a great view of MK from there.

Sorry your Cali Grill meal wasn't so fantastic; DBF really wants to eat there, but there's honestly nothing on the menu that grabs me.

I think that was part of the problem for us too, nothing on the menu sounded all that great. I wish they would get some more options at CG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter