We're Back and I Can't Stand to Look at Another Dessert Apr.2010 6/2 Crystal Palace

Great reviews so far. Great Pictures as well. I tried to do this last trip and I kept forgetting and would remember after we already started to eat.

Quick question.... The bread with macademia nut butter is that only at Kona for dinner? My MIL keeps talking about bread that she had at the Poly... I have an ADR for Ohana dinner would I be able to get it there.... Or should I switch my ADR to Kona?

I can't see any of the pictures, am I the only one?

I can't see the pictures either. But this might be a good thing bc I absolutely LOVE the breakfast pizza!!! A friend of mine dreams about it :rotfl: And now I know that they also have it at Pizzafari... SO EXCITED!!!

Sorry you missed your ADR... stupid busses!

Sorry guys, pictures are back up. Just had to add bandwith on photobucket.

Not that this helps you any NOW ~ but when we were there in January I was talking with a CM about how hard it is to make it to and ADR using Disney Transportation and be on time ~ especially for a breakfast from one resort to another (like you BLT -->AKL) Well he said that your ADR is good for up to TWO HOURS after your ADR time. I would never abuse it ~ but if you are gonna miss something you really want ~ you should still go. Next time that is.

:) Been reading along and loving it! Getting me so excited for my trip!

That's a really good tip. Thank you. I get such anxiety when we are a few minutes late for an ADR, so this will put me at ease a little next time.

Loving these review! They are making me even more super antsy for my own trip :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! I love reading dining reviews before my trip too, makes me change my ADR's a million times though.

Oh that looks yummy. I never thought about Pizzafari for breakfast. Can you customize the breakfast pizza or what you see is what you get?

Pizzafari was really good for a quick breakfast, plus we were just about the only ones in there. The breakfast pizza only comes one way, but it was yummy.

Great reviews so far. Great Pictures as well. I tried to do this last trip and I kept forgetting and would remember after we already started to eat.

Quick question.... The bread with macademia nut butter is that only at Kona for dinner? My MIL keeps talking about bread that she had at the Poly... I have an ADR for Ohana dinner would I be able to get it there.... Or should I switch my ADR to Kona?

I believe that the bread from Ohanas is pineapple bread not the macademia nut bread. We've never tried Ohanas but Kona is a great way to go if you switch your ADR.

I can't see the pictures either. But this might be a good thing bc I absolutely LOVE the breakfast pizza!!! A friend of mine dreams about it :rotfl: And now I know that they also have it at Pizzafari... SO EXCITED!!!

Sorry you missed your ADR... stupid busses!

Oh I know, those darn WDW buses. :headache:

love the reviews! Great pictures.
can you tell me what was on the breakfast pizza?

The breakfast pizza had a country gravy, cheese, scambled eggs, and peppers on it. I believe they cook them to order so they are fresh every time.

Our day in AK we had made an ADR at Yak & Yeti and I was so excited to try this restaurant. We were seated right away and seated upstairs.
242.jpg
I really was looking forward to trying a Yak Attack, but I just wasn't in the mood for an adult beverage that day. I just got a water and DH a coke.

For my appetizer, I really wanted to try the seared ahi tuna. I had never tried ahi tuna before so I was excited to see how it was. Wow it was so good! It was chilled ahi tuna and it had great flavor. DH hates any kind of fish and he was so grossed out by this but I thought it was fantastic!
244.jpg

I recommended the lettuce cups to DH after good reviews here on the Disboards. They had a very different flavor (maple tamarind) but they were very good.
243.jpg

For my entree I ordered the chicken lo mein. Now, we have a chinese food restaurant back at home called Singapore that has awesome Chicken Lo Mein so I was afraid that I would be disappointed with this dish. I was wrong. It was great, lots of chicken and the size of this dish was huge! I wish I could have taken the rest of it with me but walking around the park all, it wouldn't have been a good idea.
246.jpg

DH ordered the baby back ribs. He loved these! They just fell off the bone. They're his favorite ribs at WDW now.
245.jpg

For dessert, we both ordered the fried wontons. These are as good as everyone says! Cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. I feel like I've been using the words great and awesome too much this review, but really our whole meal was perfect!
247.jpg

We will definetly be going back to Yak & Yeti next trip, and possibly every trip. It was that good!

Price-$86.94 Total so far-$553.74

Up next...our other new favorite restaurant!

Yak and Yeti makes it on our list every time!! Love, Love, Love it there!!

We like the fried wontons for dessert ~ but the grilled pineapple pieces in it are my fav!!

I also always get the chicken lo mein and man is it good!

Great job so far!!

Yum!! Great review of Y+Y!!! Everything looks sooooo good there. DH will love to try that ahi tuna app, and I will snag a bite or two!! We're eating there next month! Can't wait to read more :)

I'm so glad you posted a pic of the tuna appy at Y&Y. I was thinking of getting this. It looks fab!

Great report....everything looks so good! Makes us extra excited for our October trip!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! Ohhh October, are you doing F&W Festival?

Yak and Yeti makes it on our list every time!! Love, Love, Love it there!!

We like the fried wontons for dessert ~ but the grilled pineapple pieces in it are my fav!!

I also always get the chicken lo mein and man is it good!

Great job so far!!

Yes love yak & yeti now. DH couldn't stop talking about how much he loved it there!

Yum!! Great review of Y+Y!!! Everything looks sooooo good there. DH will love to try that ahi tuna app, and I will snag a bite or two!! We're eating there next month! Can't wait to read more :)

Have fun next month and enjoy! Thanks for reading!

Great pictures so far! I can't wait for more!

Sounds great!

Thank you!

I'm so glad you posted a pic of the tuna appy at Y&Y. I was thinking of getting this. It looks fab!

I have a new love for tuna after this appetizer. Never thought I would like raw fish!

So my ADR date for our Nov/Dec trip is coming up soon. I've been making a list of where we want to eat. I'm very excited about our selections so I just have to share! We are doing a dining plan for the first 3 nights and using TIW card for the following 8 nights. Here's the list so far-

Thurs

Jiko-dinner

Fri

Boma-breakfast
Spirit of Aloha-dinner

Sat

Yak & Yeti-lunch
Boma-dinner

Sun

Flying Fish-dinner

Mon

WCC-lunch
V&A's-dinner

Tues

GF Gardenview Tea Room-lunch
Citricos-dinner

Wed

Chef Mickeys-breakfast
San Angel Inn-lunch
Shulas Steakhouse-dinner

Thurs

Crystal Palace-breakfast
Kona-dinner

Fri

Kona-breakfast
50's Primetime-lunch
Blue Zoo-dinner

Sat

Coral Reef-lunch
Narcoossees-dinner

Sun

Liberty Tree Tavern-lunch
Artist Point-dinner

Mon

Raglan Road-lunch

Can't wait! :cool1:

YUM! That Yak and Yeti lunch looks really good :) The Chicken Lo Mein and fried Wontons look DELICIOUS my mouth is watering!

Oh yum, Yak & Yeti! :) It's a favorite for Fiance and I. We're finally getting my family there in July. I might just have to try that ahi tuna!! I had the tempura shrimp in March and the house salad. Both were amazing!

As for your list for your ADR's coming up...I'm so glad that you're doing the luau! We love it and do it every trip!! The food is soooo good.

Oh yum, Yak & Yeti! :) It's a favorite for Fiance and I. We're finally getting my family there in July. I might just have to try that ahi tuna!! I had the tempura shrimp in March and the house salad. Both were amazing!

As for your list for your ADR's coming up...I'm so glad that you're doing the luau! We love it and do it every trip!! The food is soooo good.

I'm glad to hear you love the luau. We were a little unsure of this ADR as I've heard alot of bad reviews on the food.

I was sooo looking forward to this reservation as I had heard many good things about Citricos and the menu looked awesome! We arrived about 20 minutes early and we were seated right away. I can't remember our servers name but he was very informative about the menu and he was also very friendly. Here's our view of the GF from the restaurant.
266.jpg

and our personalized menu with a pretty floating candle in the middle of the table.
267.jpg

I started off with a Sangria. I love trying Sangria at all the different restaurants, its always good but always has a different taste. We also got our bread and butter. One of the breads we were given had olives in it, and I'm not a fan of olives normally but this was really good!
268.jpg

For my appetizer, I ordered the sauteed shrimp - Lemon, White Wine, Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese. This was fantastic! The blend of the feta and shrimp was perfect.
270.jpg

DH ordered the duck confit-smoked duck breast with tomato and egg fettucini. The duck was very tender and had a great flavor to it.
269.jpg

For my entree I ordered the oak grilled swordfish with crispy potato pastilla and sauteed spinach. Wow! This was the freshest piece of fish I have ever eaten. So flaky and tender. Delicious! DH actually isn't a fish person, at all but he tried a piece of this and he even loved this!
272.jpg

DH ordered the filet sicilian. Oak-grilled Filet of Beef with sweet vidalia onions, peppadew and banana peppers, quattro formaggic crushed potatoes and veal glace de viande. He loved it. :love: He said that it was the best filet he's ever had. He likes his filet's well done and this was actually still very tender yet well done. He was very impressed by this.
271.jpg

We both ate every single morsel of both our appetizers and entrees, they were that good!

For dessert, we both ordered the warm chocolate banana tart. This was fantastic too! Like a lava cake with bananas inside. Sooo good!
273-1.jpg

We left here full and satisfied. This was by far the best meal we've ever had at Disney. We ended up spending 2 1/2 hours here we enjoyed ourselves so much.

Total (w/o alcohol)-$125.14 Total so far-$678.88

Up next...Tangierine Cafe and lots of Epcot snacks

I am so happy to see you enjoyed Citricos! My DH has been apprehensive about eating there, but I think once he sees your picture of the filet sicilian, his mind will be put at ease! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter