We're Back and I Can't Stand to Look at Another Dessert Apr.2010 6/2 Crystal Palace

This is so great! You guys are adorable! (I'm not old - just 39, but with 3 kids, I've lost all of my adorable-ness!)

-Tricia

Before lunch, DH decided he couldn't wait any longer and got a snack at Starring Rolls Cafe. He settled on the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake and wow this was awesome! It wasn't too sweet but very delicious!
367.jpg

Lunch was at one of our favorite places today. 50's Primetime! It was very crowded in there and we did wait awhile for this ADR. Here's some lobby pictures while we were waiting.
369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

When we were seated, we got one of the tv seats. It was so fun watching the old tv shows that they play.
372.jpg

I ordered the PB&J milkshake. I thought this sounded really weird before I tried it for the first time, but if you haven't tried this yet, do it! It is sooo delicious! The only pic I got of this is in the background of my next picture...my chicken noodle soup that I got for my appetizer. This was pretty good, tasted like the same soup from Kona Cafe. DH got the same thing for his appetizer.
373.jpg

Our waitress this time was great. Last time we went here, our waiter was very boring and didn't say or do much, but this time our "cousin" was very playful. DH got yelled at for putting his elbows on the table and we got a card signed by all our surrounding table mates for our anniversary. Very fun.
For my entree, I ordered the smoked turkey stacked sandwich. This was huge! It was very good and I loved the multi grain bread that it was on. I was only able to eat half of it and DH ended up eating the other half.
375.jpg

DH ordered the pot roast which he absolutely loves! :love: He ate every bite of this too and was hoping he would get a clean plate button but no such luck.
374.jpg

For dessert, nothing really caught my eye, the dessert selection here is kind of lacking IMO. I decided to try the Smores. It was ok, though I'm not really crazy about marshmallows to begin with.
377.jpg

DH ordered the Boston Creme Pie cupcake and he didn't really like it. He thought it was much too sweet.
376.jpg

We even got an extra special treat for our anniversary, even though by this point we were once again too stuffed to eat much of it.
378.jpg

Once again 50's Primetime was awesome, great food and great service and we would definetly return in the future.

Total: $62.55 Total so far-$920.10

Mmm, your DH's cupcake is adorable, too bad it didn't taste very good. Glad your experience was overall good. That pot roast looks terrific!

I can understand not wanting to look at another dessert, I'm full just reading your reviews, but I could probably live on dessert if given the option :lmao:

BTW, I lurve chocolate crepes, the best way to have them is crammed with fresh strawberries, with whipped cream on top :cloud9:

Great reviews!!! Wish I had more time there to try some more restaurants after looking at your pics.

Tink, how do you keep track of how much your meals cost? We are doing the dining plan for the first time, and I would like to keep track so that we can compare if it is the best choice for our family. Do you still get a receipt that shows how much the meal costs??? BTW, great review, you have inspired me to try some new things this trip!

Ok I'm back, I've been procrastinating on finishing my review. I will finish it though, I promise. It's just hard coming on the disboards when our next trip isn't for so long!
387.jpg

So, onto dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby. When we walked in here, the place was absolutely packed! It took a good half hour for us to even get a seat (this was with ADR's, they were turning away people without them). When we were seated we didn't see our server for about 15 minutes or so, it was so busy and so loud in there. Though I guess this was partially bad judgement on my part as it was a Fantasmic night, which we originally planned to go see but the crowd scared us away.
390.jpg

389.jpg

Anyways, for my appetizer I ordered the seared day boat sea scallops. This was very good, but too small. It had black bean corn pudding and mango papaya salsa which I didn't like. The flavors did not blend together very well. I also got some sort of fruity cocktail to start off with.
391-1.jpg

392.jpg

DH ordered the blue jumbo lump crab cake even though he's not really a seafood fan, he thought he would give it a try. It was ok, I ended up finishing it for him though.
393.jpg

For my entree, I ordered the split roasted half chicken which was ehhh. haha There's not really any other word I can think to describe it. It wasn't anything special, I've eaten better chicken at BOston Market.
395.jpg

DH got the char grilled filet of beef. He thought that it was rather dry with not much flavor. He wasn't very happy after a not so good appetizer and even worse entree.
394.jpg

For dessert, I ordered the creme brulee because nothing else on the menu really stuck out. It wasn't warm, and it wasn't cold, it was kind of room temperature like it had just been sitting out. I took a few bites and I was just ready to get out of this restaurant.
397.jpg

DH ordered the grapefruit cake and this was probably his favorite part of the meal. He really did like this.
396.jpg

We won't go back to this restaurant anytime soon, between the slow service the the below average food it's definetly not worth the 2TS credits.

Cost-$113.42 Cost so far-$1033.52

I love your reviews!!!

I got the same chicken entree as you when I went to BD in January and it was quite possibly the worst chicken I have ever had. Mine was served slightly colder than room temperature and was just overwhelmingly lemony (I usually love all things lemon but this was terrible) and was also very greesy. From my experience I have to agree this restaurant is just not worth it.

Thank everyone for hanging in there! I'm glad I still have some readers!

Crystal Palace was our scheduled breakfast, we love this place! I'm not a huge fan of Pooh and friends but the breakfast is so good, I could care less which characters are there. Here's our nearly empty Main Street on our way into our ADR.
440.jpg

We were seated immediately though our server was a little slow throughout the meal. My first plate, I just got my favorites, breakfast pizza, puffed french toast and strawberries and cream. Oh and a few cubes of cheese as well. Yum! These are the best things in the buffet. IMO
443.jpg

DH filled up his first plate with breakfast pizza, puffed french toast and hash. He loves the hash here!
444.jpg

While we were eating, all the characters came around pretty quickly. Heres a few of our pics.
445.jpg

454.jpg

452.jpg

For my second plate, I had cheesy potatoes, bacon, a Mickey waffle and scrambled eggs. Once again everything was great.
448.jpg

DH's second plate consisted of biscuits and gravy, more hash and a ham cheese and pepper omlet.
447.jpg

We did wait quite awhile for the check when we were done which was a little irritating. DH waited for the check and I ran and grabbed fastpasses for Space Mountain. This is one of our must do's for breakfast. Love Crystal Palace!

Total-$44.71 Total so far-$1078.23

Up next...our freezing cold lunch at LTT

Crystal palace looks good. we cant wait to try breakfast there for our next trip. :thumbsup2

Sorry The Brown Derby wasn't so great-- I don't think their menu is so hot, either. I'm with you on CP-- not a big Pooh fan, but there's nothing like an early morning MK reservation with great food!

Really enjoyed your reviews so far! I want to try Crystal Palace for breakfast now! It looks so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter