• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...to an October 2011 PTR! *Trip Report link is up, pg 71!!*

I have seen the thread for the rides before...but haven't read them...but now you have me interested!! I need to read up on this and see if maybe its something new to add on for our trip! :goodvibes

That is awesome that you guys are staying so close too, see theres a reason why you needed to change resorts!

:woohoo: on booking the Haunted Carriage Ride!! It sounds like soo much fun! It's a shame it doesn't start until 1 October as would have loved to have experienced this. I'll just have to read your review of it instead.

Also, lol at wanting it to be September 30!! :laughing: I can't wait for September to be here either.

That's great!! There really is a whole lot to do in DW! I feel like I need to go more often to experience these things... Now that my daughter is kind of old enough maybe I can go with just her if no one else wants to go along... Or I could invite myself with one you DISers? Just saying...

Yay! That sounds like so much fun!

I know, I can't wait!!! :banana:

That carriage ride looks awesome! I am so jealous of your Oct. trip and then you go and book that and make it even worse:headache:

Just so we are even..... I leave in 3 days!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Haha, don't worry, I'm sure you will go in October someday! :thumbsup2

I wish I was going in 2 days. :( I'm jealous you're going for Star Wars Weekends again.

I'm back! And finally had some time to catch up around here.

Are you feeling better yet, I hope? Sorry to hear that your anniversary weekend didn't go as planned

I didn't know anything about the haunted carriage rides! Definitely something I'll look into for our next trip (which is way, way far away :sad2: )

Glad to be able to follow along with your planning to keep me occupied!

Yay!!

I am feeling better, finally, I went to the dr. and got an antibiotic for my ears and that cleared everything else up too! Now I'm trying to get back on the weight watchers track, and it's SO hard after slacking for a week and a half! :eek:

I just found out about the haunted carriage rides last year, and I knew if I went in October, I'd probably want to do it! It should be fun! When is your next trip? It can't be that far away! :scared1:

That sounds like it would be so much fun!!!!!
I can not wait for this week to be over either because monday DH and I are hopping a plane to go to WDW :)

Oh, wow, have a great trip! :woohoo: How long are you going for?

The carriage ride sounds like fun! Now I really want to go in the fall! :goodvibes

I think it's going to be a lot of fun! They have a "sleigh" ride in December, too, that I'd like to try someday! :yay:

I had no idea they had something like that! sounds fun!

I know, it's weird, it's not advertised very well, but apparently they all get booked! I can't wait to do something different! I hope it's not too scary! :rotfl:

YAY! I'm so glad you booked the haunted carriage ride! My sister and I did the haunted hayride in 2007. It wasn't what I had been expecting because they didn't do the Sleepy Hollow story but it was still REALLY cool! I love the carriage rides at Disney. John and I did the romantic sleigh ride in December and it was sooo fun! :goodvibes

You are going to love it! :thumbsup2 Hurry up June 11th, then September 30th!

Sounds like fun, Jen.

Thanks, I can't wait!! :banana:

That's why I love these boards... I had no idea this was available! Sounds like a ton of fun!

I know, I wouldn't have known about these rides either if I didn't read about them on the DIS last year! :woohoo: I'm so excited!

I have seen the thread for the rides before...but haven't read them...but now you have me interested!! I need to read up on this and see if maybe its something new to add on for our trip! :goodvibes

That is awesome that you guys are staying so close too, see theres a reason why you needed to change resorts!

You should definitely look into the carriage rides, I think it's going to be fun to do something different, outside of the parks for a night! And I've always wanted to see Fort Wilderness!

I'm happy we will be right next to FW, it will be nice to hop on a boat and be there in a few minutes! Although, I have no idea where to go when we get off the boat, I know nothing about FW! :laughing:

:woohoo: on booking the Haunted Carriage Ride!! It sounds like soo much fun! It's a shame it doesn't start until 1 October as would have loved to have experienced this. I'll just have to read your review of it instead.

Also, lol at wanting it to be September 30!! :laughing: I can't wait for September to be here either.

I know, I'm surprised they don't do them in September too, they should at least start them when the first MNSSHP starts! :confused3 I will be sure to take lots of pictures so you can feel like you were there too! :goodvibes

LOL...I can't WAIT for it to be September! I would skip July and August if I could, I'm dreading the summer! :laughing:

That's great!! There really is a whole lot to do in DW! I feel like I need to go more often to experience these things... Now that my daughter is kind of old enough maybe I can go with just her if no one else wants to go along... Or I could invite myself with one you DISers? Just saying...

There really is so much to do in WDW!! LOL, I hope you get to go more often! I'm in the process of trying to convince my DH to go on another quick trip after this one is over...so far, I'm losing, but if we can do it REALLY cheaply, I don't see how he can keep saying no! :rotfl:

YAY! I'm so glad you booked the haunted carriage ride! My sister and I did the haunted hayride in 2007. It wasn't what I had been expecting because they didn't do the Sleepy Hollow story but it was still REALLY cool! I love the carriage rides at Disney. John and I did the romantic sleigh ride in December and it was sooo fun! :goodvibes

You are going to love it! :thumbsup2 Hurry up June 11th, then September 30th!

Yay, I'm so glad you liked it! :woohoo: I'm actually not really sure what to expect, I've read old threads about it, and it sounds really cool, but I still don't really know what I'm in for, I'm kind of excited to be surprised! :banana:

I keep hoping you will get to the sleigh ride in your TR, I can't wait to read about it! :cool1:

You have less than a month til your trip now! :banana: I think when you get back, I will be right around 100 days, I'm so looking forward to being in double digits, so I can't wait for your trip to get here! Last year, you wanted mine to get here so yours would get here faster, now it's the other way around! :rotfl:

Yay!!

I am feeling better, finally, I went to the dr. and got an antibiotic for my ears and that cleared everything else up too! Now I'm trying to get back on the weight watchers track, and it's SO hard after slacking for a week and a half! :eek:

I just found out about the haunted carriage rides last year, and I knew if I went in October, I'd probably want to do it! It should be fun! When is your next trip? It can't be that far away! :scared1:

So glad you are feeling better!

My next trip to WDW is that far away- it's not till October of 2012, maybe. Our next vacation is a non Disney World (but still Disney-ish) trip.

That's why I am so excited to live vicariously through yours!

Just a very quick two day trip. We fly in before noon on monday, and I fly out wednesday afternoon LOL
DH has a business trip that starts wednesday and goes through the following tuesday starting in Orlando, so he booked a quick WDW trip :)

I know, I'm surprised they don't do them in September too, they should at least start them when the first MNSSHP starts! :confused3 I will be sure to take lots of pictures so you can feel like you were there too! :goodvibes

LOL...I can't WAIT for it to be September! I would skip July and August if I could, I'm dreading the summer! :laughing:

That's what I think as well! Thank you - I would love to live the experience through you until I get to ride it for myself! ;)

I love the summer - we do not get enough of it!! However, I would like the two months to go rather quickly! :rotfl:

So glad you are feeling better!

My next trip to WDW is that far away- it's not till October of 2012, maybe. Our next vacation is a non Disney World (but still Disney-ish) trip.

That's why I am so excited to live vicariously through yours!

Thanks! :goodvibes I feel SO much better! No more excuses for not exercising, though! :rolleyes1

Oh...ugh, yeah, October 2012 is pretty far away! :sad1: You're doing Hiton Head this fall, right? That should be awesome, I'd love to go there someday, especially if I could stay in the DVC resort! :banana:

I'll be sure to take good notes and pics so you can get the full experience when I get back! :goodvibes

Just a very quick two day trip. We fly in before noon on monday, and I fly out wednesday afternoon LOL
DH has a business trip that starts wednesday and goes through the following tuesday starting in Orlando, so he booked a quick WDW trip :)

That sounds like fun! I'd love to do a spontaneous Disney trip for a couple of days! :banana: Hope you have a great time!

That's what I think as well! Thank you - I would love to live the experience through you until I get to ride it for myself! ;)

I love the summer - we do not get enough of it!! However, I would like the two months to go rather quickly! :rotfl:

It really doesn't make sense why they carriage rides don't start earlier! We should email them and complain! :laughing:

Ugh...I cannot stand the summer! :mad: Actually, I wouldn't mind it if there was no humidity...I can't deal with humidity! The ONLY good thing about the summer is my DH is home at night, because he gets to work days from the end of June til like, the end of August. Other than that, I'd skip it all together if I could! :woohoo:

ADR's, Finally!!

Hi guys! So I made my ADR's over a month ago, but haven't posted them here yet, I figure it's probably time to do that! I'll be honest though, I'm not happy with them! So I'm guessing a lot of them will be changed over the next 4 and half months, it will be fun to look back on this list and see what I actually kept!

I'm going to put a little * next to the ones I'm thinking of changing, and see if you guys have any suggestions! Oh, and I'm not going to bother putting the times that we're eating, I'll just put lunch or dinner or whatever!

Arrival Day, 9/30

Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern*

libertytree.jpg

I'm trying to get 'Ohana for this night, but it was booked already, on my ADR day, 180 days out! :eek: So I've been stalking Disney dining, but so far, no luck! I was also thinking of maybe changing to Artist Point instead? We are doing MNSSHP this night, so I picked LTT because we will already be in the park, but Artist Point is pretty close to MK!

Day 2, 10/1

Dinner at Tony's Town Square*

tonys.jpg

Another one I'm not sure about. The way I have our day planned is Epcot in the morning, break, DHS for a few hours (just so I can go on Tower of Terror a few times, basically!:rotfl:) then over to MK so I can see regular Wishes. We have to eat dinner at some point, and I know Tony's is pretty good, I don't know. I'd really like to be in MK this night, since it's the 40th anniversary!

Day 3, 10/2

Breakfast at Crystal Palace

IMG_0106.jpg

I just made this ADR last night. I originally had us eating breakfast at Kona, then going to rope drop at MK after, but I changed it to CP. I didn't want us to have to get up at the crack of dawn to get over to Kona after such a busy first full Disney day. I suppose I could make a later Kona ADR, after rope drop, but that seems like a pain.

Dinner at Cape May Cafe*

DSC00508.jpg

We had dinner here on our Disneymoon, and it's so good! We needed somewhere near DHS, since we will be going there that night for EMH, but again...I'm just not excited about it! Maybe I can do Artist Point this night instead? This was Brandon's choice though, and I feel bad changing it!

Day 4, 10/3

Late lunch at TRex*

T-Rex-front.jpg

I actually really want to eat here...but I'm not happy with where I have it scheduled in! This will be our only morning at Animal Kingdom, and I have us leaving to go to DTD for lunch, because well, it's the only time I can fit it in! Is this a stupid plan, or should I leave it?

Day 5, 10/4

Lunch at Le Cellier

IMG_0323.jpg

That's staying where it is, no question!

Dinner at Via Napoli*

via-napoli-disney-300x184.jpg

I really want to eat here, I've wanted to try it since it opened, but I might move it to the end of the trip, not sure yet.

Day 6, 10/5

No ADR's this day! In fact, we have nothing planned this day, except the Haunted Carriage Ride at 10 pm. I left it open in case we want to go to Universal, and Brandon wants a day where we can go eat somewhere in downtown Orlando, so this day is pretty much all up to him!

Day 7, 10/6

Breakfast at Boma*

boma-300x135.jpg

I love Boma, but I made this ADR when we were staying at AKL, so it made sense. Now it doesn't make sense to wake up early and drive all the way to AKL just for breakfast. I might replace it with Kona, or I might move it to our AK day earlier in the week.

Dinner at 'Ohana

DSC02342.jpg

If I can't get 'Ohana for our arrival night, this will be staying right where it is! We will be going to our second MNSSHP this night, and I'm hoping to spend some time at the Poly before, like we did in November before MVMCP!

Day 8, 10/7

Dinner at Rose and Crown*

DSC08527.jpg

Another one Brandon picked, but basically just because I had no idea where to eat that night. I know we will be in Epcot, because my last night has to be in Epcot, and I couldn't decide! I'm thinking of maybe moving Via Napoli to this night instead? Or maybe doing Les Chef's instead?

Last Day, 10/8 :sad1:

Lunch at Le Cellier again!

44757_1402014615245_1378710141_31157901_1545056_n.jpg

What can I say, it's Brandon's favorite, and since we basically have this bonus day in Disney because our flight home is so late that night, why not? I know I won't change this one either!

I just feel like I have too many ADR's, and they are going to take too much park time away. I'm also not happy with the park hours, which makes my first few days crazy, 3 EMH nights in a row! :eek: I can't skip them, I love EMH nights, it's one of the reasons I always stay in a Disney resort!

We're also not trying many new places. LTT for dinner will be new, since we have only eaten lunch there, and TRex and Via Napoli will be new, but that's it! I'd really like to fit in Artist Point, and my friend at work said the Hollywood Brown Derby is amazing, so I'm thinking of maybe adding that?

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! :)

Nice ADRS!!!

We used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Liberty Tree when they had the characters for dinner because it was a good meal and good characters. We haven't eaten there since they took the characters away but the food was your typical Thanksgiving type meal!

I wouldn't worry about the ADRS, keep stalking! We LOVED Artist Point!!! The salmon was amazing there..the best we've ever had and we've eaten a lot of salmon at a lot of different places!! It's of course 2 credits so I guess keep that in mind if you have credits to use.

We love Chefs De France as well! I want to try the new Italy place but Chefs too..that's a toss up!!! We didn't like Tonys the one time we tried it but it was in the middle of July, for lunch, it was HOT out, and eating heavy food like that did not sit well with us and we haven't been back but I'd be willing to try it again.

Looks like you have a great list of places so far! I haven't been to TREX either so I can't say if it's worth it to leave AK for there but we've been to RFC many times and enjoy that!

Yay on making your ADRs!! I look forward to reading which you keep when it comes to October, lol! :lmao:

I hope you get an ADR at Ohana. I keep looking at the September 2011 cancelled thread. I shouldn’t as every time I see a cancellation I’m like ooh should I take it!!

I’m glad you are having breakfast at CP – it looks awesome!

I think you should keep Cape May Café if you both enjoyed it last time round.

I know you really want to eat at T Rex but if you want to stay in AK how about eating at Rainforest Café. However, if you feel you can cover everything at AK in the morning then keep it.

Yay at getting two Le Cellier reservations!!! I would switch Boma with Kona in order to avoid the journey early in the morning.

Sounds like you have made some great choices :thumbsup2

I would honestly keep the LTT ADR. I think the food looks really yummy and staying in the MK during the party seems a lot more convenient than traveling over to the Poly and back. I also may be biased since we HATED Ohana, but I still think it'd be more convenient in terms of the party. Maybe do an early Artist Point dinner after DHS on Day 2-- then head to the MK for Wishes?
Could you possibly change T-Rex to a little later, maybe like 4:00ish? I guess that depends how long you guys spend at AK. We're done before three, so we could leave at 2:45, with enough time to get to DTD and not feel like we're missing anything at AK.

Mmmmm, all this talk about food is making me hungry! I haven't had breakfast yet... I'm sure my tummy will be rumbling after thinking about all your ADRs, LOL!

I've had lunch at LTT, too... it was good. Isn't the dinner a fixed menu?

My family also did not care for Tony's the time we tried it... the food was just, meh. This was back in 2007, though. But I don't think any of us would try it again.

I love Boma! But I've only had dinner there. I do have to agree with what you said about it not making much sense to drive all the way to Boma for breakfast, now that you're not staying at AKL.

I'll be trying R&C for the first time on the 1st part of my September trip... it isn't someplace I would have chosen but I'm excited about it! I think the menu looks really good!

Coolbeans for booking the Haunted Hayride, should be lots of spooky fun for you guys :)

Your ADR's sound great, good choices :thumbsup2

All your ADRs sounds wonderful! It always is good to plan stuff around where you want to be those days. and seems like you pretty much have that all figured out.

If I had to keep in place one of your ADRs you want to change, it would be Tony's. Good food and puts you at MK where you want to be that night. Makes perfect sense :)

The others sound pretty well planned out also. Boma for breakfast if not staying at AKL is only as much of a challenge as you make it. If it is late enough, it wouldn't be too much trouble driving over there. Otherwise I would go with your idea to change it to Kona- I LOVE KONA!

Good Luck! I am sure you will change some of them :) ( I know I pry would!) LOL

Nice and fun ADRs. Personally, I love LTT for lunch. I think the food is so much better. But I guess it depends on what time you arrive. Maybe a late lunch?

I wouldn't do AP on a party night. The meal will take 90 mins plus travel time. I do, however, love AP. I think it is the perfect romantic dinner and you should try to fit it in somewhere. The service and food are great. Do it!

T Rex on AK day might be a pain. Can you get a late, late lunch reservation? Or dinner?

Loved Rose & Crown, especially the Boddington's.

Nice choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter