Welcome, Foolish Mortals...to an October 2011 PTR! *Trip Report link is up, pg 71!!*

I think you should definitely squeeze in Artist Point at some point! It was our favorite dining experience from our last trip. It was just THAT good! I think you should try to do that your first night. It is a great way to start off your trip! :thumbsup2

T-Rex is great, but I know what you're saying about leaving AK early. I feel like we always cheat ourselves out of AK time on trips. Although, I think if you got there as soon as they opened you would be okay to leave at lunchtime for DTD.

If we don't see each other at least once this trip, I will be REALLY surprised!!!

Guess when we're doing MNSSHP? September 30
Who's going to EMH and DHS? We are!
Who's going to be in Epcot on 10/4? We are!

We really enjoy Boma, I suggest keeping it or rescheduling it.

We wanted to eat lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, but I don't think we will fit it in.

Nice ADRS!!!

We used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Liberty Tree when they had the characters for dinner because it was a good meal and good characters. We haven't eaten there since they took the characters away but the food was your typical Thanksgiving type meal!

I wouldn't worry about the ADRS, keep stalking! We LOVED Artist Point!!! The salmon was amazing there..the best we've ever had and we've eaten a lot of salmon at a lot of different places!! It's of course 2 credits so I guess keep that in mind if you have credits to use.

We love Chefs De France as well! I want to try the new Italy place but Chefs too..that's a toss up!!! We didn't like Tonys the one time we tried it but it was in the middle of July, for lunch, it was HOT out, and eating heavy food like that did not sit well with us and we haven't been back but I'd be willing to try it again.

Looks like you have a great list of places so far! I haven't been to TREX either so I can't say if it's worth it to leave AK for there but we've been to RFC many times and enjoy that!

Thanks! I wish I had gotten to experience LTT when it still had characters, I think I just discovered it when they stopped. :( I think dinner sounds pretty good there, I love Thanksgiving food!

I would really like to find a place to fit in Artist Point, but I'm not sure where! And I can't wait to try Via Napoli, I love Italian food! I'm considering adding in Chef's on our last night, instead of R&C, but I read such weird reviews...some people love it, some people hate it! I don't usually go by reviews, but for some reason, it seems like people have more bad things to say about Chef's than good.

And Tony's was kind of a last minute "why not" ADR...we needed somewhere to eat, Mama Melrose's latest ADR was too early, so whatever. :confused3 It's not great, but I do like it, it's cute inside, but if I can think of something else to do instead, I will! I'd really like to get 'Ohana for my first night, and move LTT to my 2nd night, but we'll see! No one wants to cancel their 'Ohana ADR before MNSSHP, they'd be crazy!:eek:

Yay on making your ADRs!! I look forward to reading which you keep when it comes to October, lol! :lmao:

I hope you get an ADR at Ohana. I keep looking at the September 2011 cancelled thread. I shouldn’t as every time I see a cancellation I’m like ooh should I take it!!

I’m glad you are having breakfast at CP – it looks awesome!

I think you should keep Cape May Café if you both enjoyed it last time round.

I know you really want to eat at T Rex but if you want to stay in AK how about eating at Rainforest Café. However, if you feel you can cover everything at AK in the morning then keep it.

Yay at getting two Le Cellier reservations!!! I would switch Boma with Kona in order to avoid the journey early in the morning.

Sounds like you have made some great choices :thumbsup2

LOL, I can't wait to see which ADR's I keep too! I always change them, sometimes I wonder why I make ADR's 180 days out! :laughing:

You should get an 'Ohana ADR if you can get one! I love it there, it's so much fun, and the food is so good! I hope I can get one for our first night, but if not, I'll just go Thursday instead.

LOL, I said in my TR from November I was going to skip CP this trip, and I ended up adding it again! I'm still not sure I will keep it, but at least I know the food is really good there! I was reading a TR last night, and the person went to breakfast at the Grand Floridiain Cafe...now I kind of want to go there! I've never eaten there, that could be fun!

Cape May is good, but I'd really like to try something different! :confused3 I'm intrigued by Hollywood Brown Derby...but I can't swing 2 signatures in one trip, it either has to be Artist Point or HBD! I also really want to try Yachtsman!

I think we can get a lot done at AK that morning, there are morning magic hours, so if we get there right at 8, we can probably see everything and make it to DTD for lunch. I'm just not sure I want to do that. Ugh. This trip is seriously the most complicated one I've planned yet!

Still not sure what to do about Boma! I'll probably just keep it for now...or maybe I'll do GFC that morning! Hmmmm...

I would honestly keep the LTT ADR. I think the food looks really yummy and staying in the MK during the party seems a lot more convenient than traveling over to the Poly and back. I also may be biased since we HATED Ohana, but I still think it'd be more convenient in terms of the party. Maybe do an early Artist Point dinner after DHS on Day 2-- then head to the MK for Wishes?
Could you possibly change T-Rex to a little later, maybe like 4:00ish? I guess that depends how long you guys spend at AK. We're done before three, so we could leave at 2:45, with enough time to get to DTD and not feel like we're missing anything at AK.

I think LTT looks really good too! I love lunch there, I kind of wish you had the option of ordering off the lunch menu for dinner, but the fixed menu looks good too! I would just rather do 'Ohana that night! I'm sorry you hated 'Ohana! Some people really don't like it. My DH isn't impressed with it, I'm kind of dragging him there...:rotfl:

Going to Artist Point after DHS is a good idea, I'm just not sure there will be enough time! I feel like that night is going to be chaotic! I wish we could just eat at DHS before we leave, but everything closes so early there!

We could do TRex a little later, but then we would have no time for a break in the afternoon! We always have to take breaks in the afternoon, if we don't, I don't know what would happen! One of us would probably collapse in the middle of a park or something! :rotfl2: I'm thinking TRex might be do-able, since there are morning magic hours at AK! I think our ADR is at 2 or 2:30, so we would have at least til 1 something to do everything!

Mmmmm, all this talk about food is making me hungry! I haven't had breakfast yet... I'm sure my tummy will be rumbling after thinking about all your ADRs, LOL!

I've had lunch at LTT, too... it was good. Isn't the dinner a fixed menu?

My family also did not care for Tony's the time we tried it... the food was just, meh. This was back in 2007, though. But I don't think any of us would try it again.

I love Boma! But I've only had dinner there. I do have to agree with what you said about it not making much sense to drive all the way to Boma for breakfast, now that you're not staying at AKL.

I'll be trying R&C for the first time on the 1st part of my September trip... it isn't someplace I would have chosen but I'm excited about it! I think the menu looks really good!

LOL, I know, thinking about all the yummy places in Disney always makes me hungry...and makes me wish I was there!

LTT dinner is a fixed menu, it looks pretty good, Thanksgiving type food! I won't be sad if we end up going there, I'd just like to do it another night!

I know Tony's isn't the best place, but I just couldn't think of anywhere else to go! I wanted to be in MK, and we were already doing LTT, I have no interest in the Plaza, so Tony's was the only place left! I have a feeling I'll end up changing it...maybe we can do Cape May after DHS that night, instead of the next day...I don't know! It's so confusing, trying to decide where you will want to be so far in advance!

R&C is really good! :thumbsup2 My DH wants to go back just for the mushy peas (which I think are gross, but he loved them!) and I loved my fish and chips!

Coolbeans for booking the Haunted Hayride, should be lots of spooky fun for you guys :)

Your ADR's sound great, good choices :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm so excited about the Haunted Carriage Ride, I think it's going to be awesome! And thanks, I'm pretty happy with most of my ADR's! I'd just like to try some new places, when I looked at the list yesterday and realized we've been to most of those restaurants, I kind of wanted to change a few around! :yay:

All your ADRs sounds wonderful! It always is good to plan stuff around where you want to be those days. and seems like you pretty much have that all figured out.

If I had to keep in place one of your ADRs you want to change, it would be Tony's. Good food and puts you at MK where you want to be that night. Makes perfect sense :)

The others sound pretty well planned out also. Boma for breakfast if not staying at AKL is only as much of a challenge as you make it. If it is late enough, it wouldn't be too much trouble driving over there. Otherwise I would go with your idea to change it to Kona- I LOVE KONA!

Good Luck! I am sure you will change some of them :) ( I know I pry would!) LOL

Thanks! :cool1:

I'm still not sure what to do about Tony's, it will be nice to be in MK, eat, and then go out and find a spot for Wishes! If I can think of a better plan, though, Tony's might get bumped! I do like Tony's though, I love Lady and the Tramp!

I really love Boma, so I'm trying to find a spot for it! I just want to have a few days where we can sleep in, because most of the week, we're gonna have to be up early...:rotfl: Kona does sound good, I want to try that Tonga toast soooo badly!

I'm sure I will change just a few ADR's...:rolleyes1

Nice and fun ADRs. Personally, I love LTT for lunch. I think the food is so much better. But I guess it depends on what time you arrive. Maybe a late lunch?

I wouldn't do AP on a party night. The meal will take 90 mins plus travel time. I do, however, love AP. I think it is the perfect romantic dinner and you should try to fit it in somewhere. The service and food are great. Do it!

T Rex on AK day might be a pain. Can you get a late, late lunch reservation? Or dinner?

Loved Rose & Crown, especially the Boddington's.

Nice choices.

I like LTT for lunch too, but I thought the dinner menu looked ok! I think our dinner ADR is for like, 4:30, but I should check and see what the latest lunch ADR is...good idea MEK! :thumbsup2

I was wondering how long AP might take...I really want to get to the party early, so I can get in line for either the dwarves or Cinderella's pumpkin coach before it gets too crazy, and I know if we go to 'Ohana Thursday, getting there before 7 is pretty much out of the question! I really have to find a place for AP, it sounds SO good!

Our TRex ADR is pretty late, somewhere around 2:00...we always get done with AK pretty quickly, I'm just not sure if I want to drive all the way to DTD, then back to WL, take a quick break, and then go back out to the parks! But if I can't find anywhere else to put TRex, I guess it can just stay there! :laughing:

Rose and Crown is good, and so pretty inside! :thumbsup2

I think you should definitely squeeze in Artist Point at some point! It was our favorite dining experience from our last trip. It was just THAT good! I think you should try to do that your first night. It is a great way to start off your trip! :thumbsup2

T-Rex is great, but I know what you're saying about leaving AK early. I feel like we always cheat ourselves out of AK time on trips. Although, I think if you got there as soon as they opened you would be okay to leave at lunchtime for DTD.

LOL, you're the whole reason I want to try AP! :rotfl: I was thinking about doing it on our first night, but the earliest ADR is 5:35, and I will never get to MNSSHP early if we do that...so I might have to do it a different night. But I'm determined to fit it in somewhere!

I think doing TRex after AK might be ok, it's just all the traveling we will have to do that day that's bothering me! :laughing: I have to make sure we do FOTLK this year! As long as we can fit that in, and do EE multiple times, my AK day will be complete! We will definitely be getting there at 8:00 for magic hours!

If we don't see each other at least once this trip, I will be REALLY surprised!!!

Guess when we're doing MNSSHP? September 30
Who's going to EMH and DHS? We are!
Who's going to be in Epcot on 10/4? We are!

We really enjoy Boma, I suggest keeping it or rescheduling it.

We wanted to eat lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, but I don't think we will fit it in.

LOL, that's so funny that we are going to be in the same places so many times! If you want to find me at DHS, just look in the direction of the Tower of Terror, that's what I do on EMH nights, ride it over and over :rotfl:...although, that didn't work out in November, it was SO busy, we ended up leaving early! :eek: I hope it's not like that this year!

We loved Boma too, I'm hoping to find a place I can fit it in a little better! And lunch at LTT is SO good, it's too bad you can't fit it in somewhere! :) Scheduling ADR's is hard work! :laughing:

Hopefully these pictures will convince you that AP is a must:
Sept2009-Disney1534.jpg

The view from our table

Sept2009-Disney1525.jpg

Sept2009-Disney1527.jpg

That was our complimentary anniversary champagne!

Sept2009-Disney1528.jpg

Mussels (very good is you like them)

Sept2009-Disney1529.jpg

Mushroom soup

Sept2009-Disney1530.jpg

scallops - big and delish

Sept2009-Disney1531.jpg

I'll be honest with you - I have no idea what that is :rotfl: but he ate it all. ;) I'm thinking either some type of fish or chicken, but I have no idea whats on top.

Sept2009-Disney1532.jpg

Dessert with complimentary tinkerbell!

Sept2009-Disney1533.jpg

The cobbler - ask came with one of the light up cars (Mater, maybe?? I have no idea)

I always like to have more ADRs than needed, just in case I want to change my mind later, then cancel the ones I don't need when I have made up my mind :goodvibes

I have such a tough time picking a restaurant I like in MK...though CP for breakfast is always fun :thumbsup2

I'm joining in!! Thanks for writing. We'll be at the World at the end of October so I'll be enjoying the wait with you!

Oh my goodness! I forgot about the soup at Artist Point! My dad ordered it and we ended up ordering 2 more, one for my mom and one for myself and we ate them up! The color is not so hot but omg it is sooo yummy!!!

That Haunted Hayride looks like a lot of fun! Maybe you'll see a Headless Horseman.:scared1:

I like LTT for dinner. I think that's a great place to start off the trip with. We're actually going there our last night. It's kind of funny how little overlap there is between our plans. :rotfl:

I think your ADR's look pretty good. We've only done LTT for lunch and we loved it (never done dinner because I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving food); I would NOT change Cape May Cafe if Brandon wants it (you already changed his resort :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

Hopefully these pictures will convince you that AP is a must:
Sept2009-Disney1534.jpg

The view from our table

Sept2009-Disney1525.jpg

Sept2009-Disney1527.jpg

That was our complimentary anniversary champagne!

Sept2009-Disney1528.jpg

Mussels (very good is you like them)

Sept2009-Disney1529.jpg

Mushroom soup

Sept2009-Disney1530.jpg

scallops - big and delish

Sept2009-Disney1531.jpg

I'll be honest with you - I have no idea what that is :rotfl: but he ate it all. ;) I'm thinking either some type of fish or chicken, but I have no idea whats on top.

Sept2009-Disney1532.jpg

Dessert with complimentary tinkerbell!

Sept2009-Disney1533.jpg

The cobbler - ask came with one of the light up cars (Mater, maybe?? I have no idea)

Oooh, great pics! Artist Point seems like somewhere Brandon would REALLY love, he loves scallops and he loves anything with mushrooms! I gotta find a place to fit it in...would canceling Tony's and going after DHS be too annoying? Would I make to MK in time for Wishes if I did like, a 7 pm ADR?

I always like to have more ADRs than needed, just in case I want to change my mind later, then cancel the ones I don't need when I have made up my mind :goodvibes

I have such a tough time picking a restaurant I like in MK...though CP for breakfast is always fun :thumbsup2

LOL, I'm the same way with ADR's, I figure I should make a lot and then go back and tweak them, and decide what I really want! I'm stressing over them now, but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough! :)

I'm joining in!! Thanks for writing. We'll be at the World at the end of October so I'll be enjoying the wait with you!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Ugh, doesn't it seem like October will never get here??? :eek: :rotfl:

Oh my goodness! I forgot about the soup at Artist Point! My dad ordered it and we ended up ordering 2 more, one for my mom and one for myself and we ate them up! The color is not so hot but omg it is sooo yummy!!!

I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms, but Brandon is, he's kind of obsessed with mushrooms, so I'm sure he'd love that! :banana:

That Haunted Hayride looks like a lot of fun! Maybe you'll see a Headless Horseman.

I like LTT for dinner. I think that's a great place to start off the trip with. We're actually going there our last night. It's kind of funny how little overlap there is between our plans. :rotfl:

That would be so cool if there was a Headless Horseman!!!

I'm kind of liking LTT for our first night more and more...I'm considering moving TRex to our arrival day, then going over to MK after, but I think I'd rather just be in MK already so we're ready for MNSSHP!

I will be amazed if we don't run into each other once or twice! You will be so easy to spot too, I know I'll recognize the boys if I see them! :cutie:

I think your ADR's look pretty good. We've only done LTT for lunch and we loved it (never done dinner because I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving food); I would NOT change Cape May Cafe if Brandon wants it (you already changed his resort :lmao::lmao:).

Thanks! I love LTT for lunch too, I wish they had the option of ordering off the lunch menu for dinner, but whatever! I can deal with Thanksgiving food if I have to, I mean, I could practically live on stuffing alone, so it shouldn't be too hard! :rotfl:

LOL...you bring up a good point, I did change Brandon's resort, I should at least keep Cape May! :rolleyes1 I probably will, it gives me an excuse to visit my Beach Club again! :love:

Oooh, great pics! Artist Point seems like somewhere Brandon would REALLY love, he loves scallops and he loves anything with mushrooms! I gotta find a place to fit it in...would canceling Tony's and going after DHS be too annoying? Would I make to MK in time for Wishes if I did like, a 7 pm ADR?

I think it depends what time Wishes is. 9pm Wishes you will be cutting it close. 10pm - I think you will be OK. The transportation is a little iffy from WL to MK, especially if you just miss a boat. Could you do a 6:30pm ADR to be on the safe side?

I think the Haunted Hayride looks like a blast, I had no idea they did that!

I'm guilty of too many ADRs, but we'll see how it goes this trip. I'm such a food adict that I couldn't pick.... so I tried to fit them all in.

R&C is great, I would personally keep that over Napoli. I have never eaten at LTT, but I feel like the Thanksgiving style meal would be a nice change from some of the other offerings... like it's comfort food night, which you often need after a long trip.

Good luck on getting 'Ohana.... I will cross my fingers for you!;)

I think it depends what time Wishes is. 9pm Wishes you will be cutting it close. 10pm - I think you will be OK. The transportation is a little iffy from WL to MK, especially if you just miss a boat. Could you do a 6:30pm ADR to be on the safe side?

I'm pretty sure Wishes is at 9 that night, I wish it was at 10, that would make my life a lot easier! :rotfl: I could do a 6:30 ADR, but then I'd have like, no DHS time! Ughhh!!! :scared1: The first few days of this trip are driving me crazy!

I'm going to have to come up with a few options and then ask you guys your opinions, because I'm just not coming up with any solutions! :laughing:

I think the Haunted Hayride looks like a blast, I had no idea they did that!

I'm guilty of too many ADRs, but we'll see how it goes this trip. I'm such a food adict that I couldn't pick.... so I tried to fit them all in.

R&C is great, I would personally keep that over Napoli. I have never eaten at LTT, but I feel like the Thanksgiving style meal would be a nice change from some of the other offerings... like it's comfort food night, which you often need after a long trip.

Good luck on getting 'Ohana.... I will cross my fingers for you!;)

Doesn't the Haunted Carriage ride look so awesome? I can't wait! :woohoo:

I'm so bad with ADR's...and I always tell myself not to do too many breakfast ADR's because I feel like it's a waste, and I want to do like 4 on this trip! :eek:

I love R&C, but if I have to cancel, I won't be heartbroken, I really want to try Via Napoli, it just looks so pretty, and I love Italian food! I think LTT will be good for the first night, but I'm still really hoping for 'Ohana! :cutie:

I think your ADRs look great! You've got a lot of good places there. The only one's that I might change would be the T-Rex lunch, but just because of timing. I love T-Rex and I definitely recommend it, but I think you'll end up wishing you could stay at AK. Maybe there's an evening you could squeeze it in? :confused3 Oh, and I'd probably change Boma, but that's mostly because I didn't like it. :lmao: I think since you both really like it, you should keep it. :thumbsup2

I agree! DH and I just ate at Artist Point this past Monday night. It was WONDERFUL!!! Definite 2 more thumbsup!

Sorry, haven't been commenting, but still reading along. Just wanted to let you know that Disney just changed the online ADR system so that people can't book conflicting ADRs and the thread on it seems to be saying that there is already a lot more availability. Thought it might help you get your 'Ohana, if there really are more open slots now!

I think your ADRs look great! You've got a lot of good places there. The only one's that I might change would be the T-Rex lunch, but just because of timing. I love T-Rex and I definitely recommend it, but I think you'll end up wishing you could stay at AK. Maybe there's an evening you could squeeze it in? :confused3 Oh, and I'd probably change Boma, but that's mostly because I didn't like it. :lmao: I think since you both really like it, you should keep it. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I will probably end up changing TRex, I really want to try it, but I have to keep reminding myself, this isn't my last Disney trip, and I'll be able to try it another time! I always feel like I have to squeeze it all in in one trip! :rotfl: LOL, I remember how you weren't impressed with Boma! We loved it, I definitely want to fit it in somewhere, but not the morning I have it! I think I'll probably move it to our AK morning, especially if I cancel TRex!

I agree! DH and I just ate at Artist Point this past Monday night. It was WONDERFUL!!! Definite 2 more thumbsup!

I really want to go to Artist Point, but I just don't know when to go! :rotfl: Since you were just there, can you answer 2 things for me?

1. How long would you say it took to eat? Since it's a signature, I wouldn't want to rush through it, but I'm just wondering how long it might take so I can plan what to do after, if anything...if we end up going, that is!

2. Did you see any BATS??? :scared1: I keep reading all these threads about bats at WL and it's freaking me out! People are saying they are in Artist Point and in the lobby!!!

Sorry, haven't been commenting, but still reading along. Just wanted to let you know that Disney just changed the online ADR system so that people can't book conflicting ADRs and the thread on it seems to be saying that there is already a lot more availability. Thought it might help you get your 'Ohana, if there really are more open slots now!

That's ok! I was wondering where you have been! :) Thanks, I just checked for 'Ohana again...nothing yet! But I'm not really worried, I'm guessing when the trip gets closer there will be more openings! And if not, I can just go Thursday instead of our arrival day!

1. How long would you say it took to eat? Since it's a signature, I wouldn't want to rush through it, but I'm just wondering how long it might take so I can plan what to do after, if anything...if we end up going, that is!
I would say it took us maybe about 1-1.5hrs to eat an entree and share a dessert. They bring you water, then your drinks, take your order, then bring bread, then we had our meal, then ordered dessert and shared that while we were paying. The service was great and the atmosphere is wonderful! We will definitely be eating there again :) You should definitely try to go! :)

2. Did you see any BATS??? I keep reading all these threads about bats at WL and it's freaking me out! People are saying they are in Artist Point and in the lobby!!!
We did not see or hear any bats in the lobby or in Artist Point. And noone else was looking around like there were bats either. We were there around 6:20pm... so maybe it wasn't late enough? I don't know... but I do know we didn't see any! :)

I would say it took us maybe about 1-1.5hrs to eat an entree and share a dessert. They bring you water, then your drinks, take your order, then bring bread, then we had our meal, then ordered dessert and shared that while we were paying. The service was great and the atmosphere is wonderful! We will definitely be eating there again :) You should definitely try to go! :)

2. Did you see any BATS??? I keep reading all these threads about bats at WL and it's freaking me out! People are saying they are in Artist Point and in the lobby!!!
We did not see or hear any bats in the lobby or in Artist Point. And noone else was looking around like there were bats either. We were there around 6:20pm... so maybe it wasn't late enough? I don't know... but I do know we didn't see any! :)

Thanks! If it takes that long to eat, which I guess is the case with most places, I don't think I can squeeze AP in our 2nd night, before Wishes. Hmmm. :confused3

I'm glad you didn't see bats! :rotfl: I actually told my DH I kind of wanted to move resorts because I'm so afraid of bats...but he said no way! :sad2: I don't care if they fly around the lobby, but they better stay out of my room! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter