Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Hi All. Haven't checked in here for a few weeks. Glad to see so many doing well!

As expected, I did end up gaining back the weight I "lost" when I was sick but I got back on plan immediately after that. I was finally able to get to a meeting last night - first one since the night before vacation 4/17. I was away, then sick, then scheduling issues (coaching my DDs softball team)... I'm down 14 lbs. total from when I joined WW at the end of March. I'm now at the exact weight that I was at when I joined WW the first time back in 2005 so I still have a ways to go (maybe another 25-30 lbs) but feeling good about things and not feeling too deprived. I've been using a combination of low points foods and portion control, pretty much eating very sensibly for breakfast and lunch then using most of my points on something really good for dinner but keeping those portions small. I haven't been snacking at all - PMS next week so that could change, lol. I do need to get back on track with my activity though. Haven't worked out since returning from FL, the only exercise I've gotten has been when running practices for DD's softball team.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Hi everyone! I have had a really tough 5 months. My mom and FIL died and I have been eating my head off as well as having a few more adult beverages than I should (which leads to more eating). I have gained every ounce I ever lost and then some and am now the biggest I have even been. *sigh* I have not been to a meeting in nearly a month so I went to a different area of town to weigh in and take my lumps. I gained 2 more lbs. I liked the meeting so maybe I'll go across town to meet there for a while. I like the leaders on my side of town but maybe I need a change.

My goal for this week is to track every item every day no matter how many points it is. I plan on using my weekly points this weekend so I'll have to be very focused for the rest of the week.

Hi everyone! I have had a really tough 5 months. My mom and FIL died and I have been eating my head off as well as having a few more adult beverages than I should (which leads to more eating). I have gained every ounce I ever lost and then some and am now the biggest I have even been. *sigh* I have not been to a meeting in nearly a month so I went to a different area of town to weigh in and take my lumps. I gained 2 more lbs. I liked the meeting so maybe I'll go across town to meet there for a while. I like the leaders on my side of town but maybe I need a change.

My goal for this week is to track every item every day no matter how many points it is. I plan on using my weekly points this weekend so I'll have to be very focused for the rest of the week.

I think finding a leader and group that you like is so important! I'm not crazy about our leader and I really liked the substitute leader we had once so I may swap to one of her meetings if I can make it work.

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry about your mom and FIL.

Glad you went to a meeting, though. One thing I've learned is that overeating doesn't actually help much of anything. It's fun, it tastes good, but...ultimately it just makes people like us sadder.

I really need to get back on track tomorrow....who's with me?

DH was out of town all weekend so I just ate what was around junk, fast food I feel crappy and am mad at myself...
I know that feeling very well! What I do...is just tell myself...tomorrow is it. No excuses. And I don't let my mind start wandering about food. At night....I go brush my teeth and say....this is it...it's over. Just some techniques that help me. Hope it helps you.

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry about your mom and FIL.

Glad you went to a meeting, though. One thing I've learned is that overeating doesn't actually help much of anything. It's fun, it tastes good, but...ultimately it just makes people like us sadder.
So true. It just makes things worse. But in the moment...it is a comfort...that's why we do it. You just have to learn to sit with pain or discomfort or anxiety. I even say...."I just have to sit through the pain!" Out loud, in fact!

Hi All. Haven't checked in here for a few weeks. Glad to see so many doing well!

As expected, I did end up gaining back the weight I "lost" when I was sick but I got back on plan immediately after that. I was finally able to get to a meeting last night - first one since the night before vacation 4/17. I was away, then sick, then scheduling issues (coaching my DDs softball team)... I'm down 14 lbs. total from when I joined WW at the end of March. I'm now at the exact weight that I was at when I joined WW the first time back in 2005 so I still have a ways to go (maybe another 25-30 lbs) but feeling good about things and not feeling too deprived. I've been using a combination of low points foods and portion control, pretty much eating very sensibly for breakfast and lunch then using most of my points on something really good for dinner but keeping those portions small. I haven't been snacking at all - PMS next week so that could change, lol. I do need to get back on track with my activity though. Haven't worked out since returning from FL, the only exercise I've gotten has been when running practices for DD's softball team.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
The softball is very good exercise, isn't it. Everything counts. Stay strong. You are doing great!

Robin, I just saw your post. You've had a lot of sadness in the last few months. What a big step it was for you to go to a meeting! I hope you are able to keep going. This month's theme is about being happy. I hope this brings some rays of sunshine into your days.

Thanks everyone! I missed last week's meeting because my DH had a diagnostic medical procedure done at the same time as my meeting. As I promised myself, I wrote down every thing I ate without really "counting" points. I was 33 points over 2 weeks ago and 22 points over last week. I did this to see where I was spending most of my points and now I can pare them down. My regular meeting is tomorrow ... we'll see if I did OK on the scale.

Thanks everyone! I missed last week's meeting because my DH had a diagnostic medical procedure done at the same time as my meeting. As I promised myself, I wrote down every thing I ate without really "counting" points. I was 33 points over 2 weeks ago and 22 points over last week. I did this to see where I was spending most of my points and now I can pare them down. My regular meeting is tomorrow ... we'll see if I did OK on the scale.

That's an interesting way to look at things. My husband keeps reminding me that if I quit counting points, the weight is going to come back easily. Don't I know it! It's coming back with counting points, can't imagine what would happen if I stopped.

That's an interesting way to look at things. My husband keeps reminding me that if I quit counting points, the weight is going to come back easily. Don't I know it! It's coming back with counting points, can't imagine what would happen if I stopped.
I ended up .2, but I had foolishly agreed to have coffee with another swim mom prior to weighing in. I'm hoping that's just "coffee gain".

I'm adding up my points, I'm just not stressing too much on what stuff costs. My goal this week is to review my last two weeks and make better choices.

Hello all!

I'd really like to join you if that's ok! I've done WW before and had success and started back again about 3 weeks ago in hopes of losing weight for our first Disney trip in November. So far I'm down about 6 lbs! I'd like to lose about 15 more, but I really need to get more active. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks! Six extra points isn't a lot, but it will help. lol And congrats on being down 6 lbs! The program works, but some weeks it is just hard to stay on it. I need to get better at following it. I have a LONG way to go.

Hi everyone! I'm a fellow Weight Watcher who has lost 36 pounds so far! (I am currently still at 305, so I have a LONG way to go.)
I would love to join the discussion here! Right now I'm having trouble with my WW app. Last week when I was entering my weight into the app, it would not accept it, so I asked my leader to help. I had reached my 10%, so it was asking if I wanted to maintain my current weight or set a new goal. She accidentally pushed the button saying that I wanted to maintain my weight and it added points to my daily amount. So she manually adjusted my daily points amount, but when I weighed in this week, the message I got after I entered my weight talked about maintenance. I am SO far from being at my final goal!! Does anyone know how to fix this?? I don't know if I explained this very well, but I would rather ask you guys than to have to explain it to a "tech" person. If ya'll don't know, I will have to call Weight Watchers I guess!!

Thanks!!!! :-)

I think I fixed it! I got on the Weight Watchers Website and clicked "reset settings". Now the 6 extra points that I got because they thought I was in maintenance are gone.
I feel so empowered by doing Weight Watchers. I've lost 36 pounds so far and that's the most weight I've ever lost. I feel like I'm in control instead of the food being in control. I love food!!! I will always love food. I've just got to take things one day at a time, and manage that love!! I'm sure others on here know that feeling!

Glad you were able to fix it. I don't have a smart phone and do not use any online features. I just go to the meetings and keep my log book (paper and pencil style). We have a Disney Cruise booked for March 2016 and I am planning to be on maintenance by then! But it will take me at least the rest of the year and maybe up until the cruise to get to my goal. But I do feel like with Weight Watchers it is possible. For the first few months of this year I just tried to lose on my own...nothing happened. But once I joined WW and started tracking my points, I started to lose weight. So I am also going to just take it one day at a time (and hope by March 2016 I am at goal, but if not, I will still be healthier than I am now). Glad to see other WW Members on the DisBoards! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

I would love to do a Disney Cruise one day! I don't know how long it will take me to get to my goal (I weigh 305 right now). I'm just looking at a few pounds at a time. I can't wait to get under 300! I've tried to count points on my own, but I need the accountability of the meetings or I won't do it. I can't wait until I can ride the busses at Disney and fit in just one of the seats! I always spill over. :(:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter