Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Well my first week ended on Monday and I was down 2.6 pounds. Happy with the loss! When I was younger my first week would have been twice that. I'm not complaining just a reality check that it's harder to lose with age. Slow and steady right?
I hope everyone is having a great week!

So glad I found you! I've been doing weight watchers for 6 weeks now and I'm down 13lbs (my birthday turned into 3 weeks of out of control eating... oy). Hoping to drop 20 more by the time we leave in 2 months. Love WW!

Hi everyone - I'm so excited that there's a thread for this. I joined WW about a week and a half ago. Had my first weigh-in after 5 days to get on the proper schedule and was down 2 pounds. With my previous weight-loss added in, I'm down 13 pounds with 37 left to go.

I'm curious is anyone has compiled a points guide to WDW and DL dining locations? We're aware that the chicken skewers at Disneyland's Bengal BBQ are only 3-4 points per piece (no sauce!) and love doing that for a meal.

Well, I joined WW again last Saturday. I say again due to I made Life Time in 1999 and then agan in 2009. I have a 3 1/2 year old grandson that I want to see grown. So, this weight has to come off.
I am currently planning 2 Disney trips. One trip is a solo trip in October and the other trip will be in May 2017. I will be taking my gradson then. He spent the first two weeks of his life in NICU and I promised him that when he turned 5, we would go to Disney. I know he does not remember that, but I do.

Hi friends. I just signed up for WW today. I've done it before and hit my goal about 8 years ago. I've since had a kid and apparently thought I could eat whatever whenever and not face the consequences. I'm sick of feeling yucky and I'm ready to hit my goal again. Currently l'd like to lose 35 lbs, but I'm mentally prepared to bottom out at 25 lbs lost.

We're loosely planning 1 trip - September 2017, just DH and I for our 10 year anniversary. Happy to start reading back into the thread to get to know y'all! The first time I did WW I was part of a very active message board and I think that really helped me stick to it.

Welcome TillyDe and jiminykrikkit! We've been pretty quiet here. I'm sad to report that gaining seems to be my summer plan. And my jeans no longer fit -- I must remedy that by October!

Hi friends! Thanks for the welcome @pwdebbie :)

I've been staying OP and it feels great. We've been going on walks as a family in the evenings which is nice. Today I did an event at a gym and burned enough calories to earn back TWELVE points (I wear a heart rate monitor so I know I was tracking correctly). I haven't dipped into weekly points yet either, but we'll see what the weekend brings.

At the gym, there were so many lean and fit ladies. The sad thing is that I used to look like that. I want to look like that again! I'm not going to become a gym rat because that actually slows or stops my progress, but it was nice to get active again. I have muscles under all this fluff. Just gotta burn it off to reveal my old self.

Lets make this weekend a great one! It's challenging to stay on plan on the weekend, but I know we can all do it. We just have to try! :cheer2:

How was the weekend, everyone?

I used 10 of the 15 APs I earned on Friday (a handful of peanut M&Ms got me for 6! Not worth it at all.) Then Saturday we had McDonald's while on the road. I should have gotten a kids meal but I didn't and ended up using my final 5 APs and 1 of my weeklies. Sunday was much better, and I did not go over my daily allowance. Still on track today, and with dinner pre-tracked, I'll still have 5 PPs left for seconds or an evening snack.

QUESTION: How do you use your APs and Weekly PP?
When I had success on WW before, I couldn't use many (if any) of my APs or my weekly PP to see decent results. This time I'm going to try to swap out APs first then use weeklies as necessary. We'll see how it works!

Wednesday is my first weigh-in. I'm doing online, so I will weigh at home. It's super tempting to get on the scale, but I'm resisting. I feel like having a "big" loss on Wednesday will keep me motivated, instead of seeing what it will be now and then maybe adding on another fraction of a pound by Wednesday. Does that make sense at all?

Hopefully everyone is doing well today! No matter what the weekend was like, today is a new day to get back at it! :flower1:

Hi! Would love to join you all in this journey. I made Lifetime back in 1999 but now have about 30 pounds to lose. I rejoined WW recently as I need the accountability and support. Just started back on the program Friday and am getting the hang of the changes since I last went ( back then, it was just plain Points). Being in my 50's now, my metabolism needs to be revved up; another challenge is that I work the night shift 4 nights/ wk (I'm an RN). Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Hi! Would love to join you all in this journey. I made Lifetime back in 1999 but now have about 30 pounds to lose. I rejoined WW recently as I need the accountability and support. Just started back on the program Friday and am getting the hang of the changes since I last went ( back then, it was just plain Points). Being in my 50's now, my metabolism needs to be revved up; another challenge is that I work the night shift 4 nights/ wk (I'm an RN). Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Yay! Welcome!:welcome:

Hi People! I know I'm not the only one doing WW! Where is everyone? This is easier with pals. Let's stick together, get this thread active, and keep the motivation high!

How is Tuesday treating everyone? Good I hope!

Weigh-in is tomorrow for me. I feel like this first week flew by. I feel good. No major splurges that weren't covered by APs. Hoping for something like a 3 lb loss since it's my first week. I've been itching to get on the scale to peek, but I'm holding out!

Today's Menu
Breakfast (5): 1 egg, scrambled with spinach + onion (2), 2 corn tortillas (3)
Lunch (8): 1 serving homemade vegetarian white bean soup with veggies (7), 1 tsp EVOO (1)
Dinner (10): Boca burger patty (3), wrapped in lettuce, topped with avocado (2), roasted potatoes with EVOO on the side (5)
Snack (0): Green apple slices with cinnamon (0)

I have 3 PP left over so I might add some cheese to my potatoes at dinner.

What about everyone else? How are you using your PP today?

Well, I did lose 3 lbs last week. Yea. But this week I am fighting a hip issue - again. It better go away. It is 61 days until my first solo Disney World Trip. I will be 60 in December and this is an early Happy Birthday to me gift from me. My daughter is also on this journey. I am attending the meetings and due to her work schedule she is doing it all on line. She lost 5 last week. I am one proud mama.

Hope everyone has a great week.

I feel guilty even posting... I haven't stuck to the plan all summer! Maybe I tracked one or two days! Vacation next week so maybe I'll get back on track after that.

Down 3.5 lbs this week! Great start! I may make my 10% by the end of the year, which would be awesome.

Wednesday is going well so far. Still on track.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast (5): Egg, potatoes, grapes
Lunch (8): Pasta with red pepper sauce, parmesan, chicken
Dinner (10): Refried bean tostadas with avocado, lettuce, salsa, cheese
Snacks (3): Apple slices with cinnamon (0), air popped popcorn with garlic salt (3)

@TillyDe How awesome that you're doing this with your daughter!
@NJlauren We'll be here to cheer you on when you're ready to track again. Enjoy your vacation!

Me again :rolleyes1

Still feeling motivated! Planned out my menu for today and figured I'd share.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast (6): Cream of wheat made with 1% milk and splenda, banana <---so filling, almost too much food.
Lunch (4): Leftover tostada from dinner with beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa. Side of grapes.
Dinner (11): Honey Spice Chicken Thighs from Budget Bytes, served with rice and zucchini
Evening Snack (0): Apple slices with cinnamon

This leaves me with 5 points left. Lunch is on the skimpy side, so maybe I'll snack before dinner if I'm hungry. If not, I'll just eat extra dinner :cutie:

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Great news, Jiminy!

I'm happy with my 2.8 lb loss at my first week's weigh-in. As Grumpy's Wife said upthread, years ago my first week would have been more but slow and steady will be fine with me.

I generally have the same breakfast each day -(6) oat bran made with skim milk. For lunch, a salad or tomato slices and veggie burger on Arnold's Thin buns or banana peanutbutter roll-up. I plan dinner for the family that works with my points. I work the 11-7 am shift, and that is what I really need to plan for. I've been taking spinach/berry Nutriblast shakes with flaxseed (1 point) and pepper slices.

Welcome TillyDe and jiminykrikkit! We've been pretty quiet here. I'm sad to report that gaining seems to be my summer plan. And my jeans no longer fit -- I must remedy that by October!

You're not alone. I have been down by either illness or injury for over a year now, which is making maintenance difficult, and weight gain pretty easy.

Hi People! I know I'm not the only one doing WW! Where is everyone? This is easier with pals. Let's stick together, get this thread active, and keep the motivation high!

Sorry for being MIA. I haven't been spending much time on the DIS. Pals are definitely important. Heck, I'm paying $43 a month so I can go see my local "pals" once a week. :)

Well, I did lose 3 lbs last week. Yea. But this week I am fighting a hip issue - again. It better go away. It is 61 days until my first solo Disney World Trip. I will be 60 in December and this is an early Happy Birthday to me gift from me. My daughter is also on this journey. I am attending the meetings and due to her work schedule she is doing it all on line. She lost 5 last week. I am one proud mama.

Hope everyone has a great week.

How wonderful that you have a solo trip coming up. That is a secret desire for me. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. I hope your hip is doing better. I started WW with my dd. She reached goal and quit coming. And she didn't stick with it, so she's put some back on. Heck, I've put some back on even though I am sticking with it.

Down 3.5 lbs this week! Great start! I may make my 10% by the end of the year, which would be awesome.

@TillyDe How awesome that you're doing this with your daughter!
@NJlauren We'll be here to cheer you on when you're ready to track again. Enjoy your vacation!

That's a great loss, @jiminykrikkit. I think reaching 10% by the end of the year is probably a very reasonable goal. (I had no idea we could tag people. Thanks for showing me that.)

Me again :rolleyes1

Still feeling motivated! Planned out my menu for today and figured I'd share.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast (6): Cream of wheat made with 1% milk and splenda, banana <---so filling, almost too much food.
Lunch (4): Leftover tostada from dinner with beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa. Side of grapes.
Dinner (11): Honey Spice Chicken Thighs from Budget Bytes, served with rice and zucchini
Evening Snack (0): Apple slices with cinnamon

This leaves me with 5 points left. Lunch is on the skimpy side, so maybe I'll snack before dinner if I'm hungry. If not, I'll just eat extra dinner :cutie:

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Hey, I'm glad you are keeping this thread alive!

Let's see what I ate today:
Breakfast was leftovers from Olive Garden, 1/2 serving of the "buy one take one" entree called Five Cheese Ziti. (1/2 serving was 10 points, I usually try to stay with 8 or fewer points at breakfast, but looking at our schedule for the next few days, I was either going to have eat this for breakfast or throw it away.) Also had a banana.
Lunch was two steamed crabs, a bowl of homemade Italian chicken soup, and an ear of corn. I had a WW Triple Chocolate Brownie Bar for dessert. Total points came to 12 for lunch.
Had another brownie bar for another 2 points. And nibbled on some cherry tomatoes in the afternoon.
Dinner was a peach, a tomato, and an egg substitute omelet with mushrooms and reduced fat mozzarella. All that came to just 2 points putting me right on target for my 26 points today.

This week we talked about not letting your slip turn into a slide and I acknowledge that I have done exactly that. Before Christmas, I said I would not let my weight get over 170. Well, it did. Then we went to WDW and I had decided beforehand that I was just going to eat whatever I wanted on this trip. Gained three (which isn't bad really for a two-week trip). Then we had the big family reunion in WV and I put on a bit more. Then a visit to my parents, and before I knew it, I was over 180. So for the last two weeks I've been back at it, down 2.2. I know what I need to change -- I need to stop "feasting" after my WW meeting. My brain says, "Well, you've weighed in, go ahead and eat whatever you want the rest of the day" and my stomach says, "Ooh, doughnuts. Ooh, pizza (or stromboli or cheesesteak sub)." So, my goal for now is to get control of Tuesdays again.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I haven't felt like I had much to contribute. It's a little rough right now.

My second week's weigh in was on Friday. I lost 1.2 pounds by adhering to my 26 points and exercising 30 minutes every other day. I need to accept that this is my new normal, that I can't count on losing 2 pounds a week as I did pre-50s.
Pwdebbie - I know what you mean about" feasting" post weigh-in - I definitely did that in the past. Now, I allow my self one very small splurge on my weigh-in day.
Just keep swimming, WW friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter