Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Well my good week paid off.....I lost 4 pounds this week....OMG! You know...sometimes women's weight can fluctuate depending on hormones. I think I've mentioned this before....you can have a good week and only loose .6 pounds that week and the next week loose 2 to 3 pounds. My cautionary tale is....don't let the scale deceive you. If you are eating right, just keep going. The slips happen when you get discouraged...believe me I know....as I'm sure all of you here do as well. Summer is coming....bathing suits are out! Keep going strong!

Well my good week paid off.....I lost 4 pounds this week....OMG! You know...sometimes women's weight can fluctuate depending on hormones. I think I've mentioned this before....you can have a good week and only loose .6 pounds that week and the next week loose 2 to 3 pounds. My cautionary tale is....don't let the scale deceive you. If you are eating right, just keep going. The slips happen when you get discouraged...believe me I know....as I'm sure all of you here do as well. Summer is coming....bathing suits are out! Keep going strong!

Great week, congrats!! I'm leaving for vacation Friday morning. Going to my meeting Thursday night and going to try my best to stay motivated and on track while we're away. The good news is we'll be very active and busy for the next 10 days with snorkeling, swimming and kayaking in the Keys then lots and lots of walking at Universal and MK. So my activity points should be much better then usual, especially if I keep to my plan to use the gym at the hotels to get some cardio in each day.

When we travel we tend to eat a big breakfast and a combined late lunch/early dinner or fruit for breakfast then early lunch and late dinner so only 2 "meals" each day but a lot of snacking in between. Not sure if this will work for me or against me with the WW program. We're going to make a grocery run before heading to our hotel in Key Largo so I'll focus on getting healthy snacks and will do the same before checking in to Royal Pacific - not sure there if we'll have one of the renovated rooms with a fridge or the old rooms with the mini bar... the hotel in the Keys is one of the breakfast buffet included types - I will try to resist the waffles, I will try to resist the waffles, I will resist the waffles, waffles are horrible, waffles don't taste good, I hate waffles.

Any suggestions for healthy snacks that don't need refrigeration?

Something we always bring for at the airport or car rides or beach....instead of fast food stations.....1/2 tbsp. almond butter on one slice organic whole grain bread with a smidgen (1/8 tsp.) of jelly. I toast the bread and put almond butter on while bread is warm. It sinks into the bread and the jelly gets a bit crystallized for some reason. it's super good and healthy....it travels well...and you are never stuck without something to eat. Rice cakes also travel well. I'm not planning on watching what I eat on vacation but I will be mindful of portion control. I will probably gain a few pounds but will get right back on track as soon as I get home. Good luck and have a blast!

Good ideas, thanks! I do like the caramel rice cakes. They're like cracker jacks! I try to limit myself to 2 of those or I could sit and just keep mindlessly eating them..

Good ideas, thanks! I do like the caramel rice cakes. They're like cracker jacks! I try to limit myself to 2 of those or I could sit and just keep mindlessly eating them..
Yeah....I hear that...I limit myself to two a day also. Sometimes I eat the plain ones with a touch of jam....less calories.

@ThistleMae congrats on a great week! Bathing suits so soon!

@sharona vacay! I'm jealous you leave Friday! Your trip sounds great, I know they aren't the best but I like fiber one bars 3/4 points and it's like a 3rd meal, or but/trail mix. I buy the whole bag and breakdown into individual portions right away. It usually helps with portion control but not always.

I was bad today the cupcake place at my office was giving them out for FREE! Normally I'm like I don't want to spend the money but it was so hard to refuse today :(. Oh well back on track with dinner.

Had a bad night. Started with two graham crackers with almond butter. Ended up eating six more...then had chocolate chips with pistachio nuts. I was just on a feeding frenzy. But....back on the horse today! I hate the meltdowns! I know I have to forgive myself though...because if I don't that just gives me more reason to keep eating out of control!

Hi all :)

Just found this thread! I joined WW a month or so ago, and it's working slowly but well for me so far. I'm trying to get back on track after a week of not caring. Had all sorts of family drama and stress and just didn't track. But it's a new week, and I still miraculously lost after the bad week, so I'm pretty happy.

I've got my wedding in July (3 months!) and a September Disney trip to get in shape for, so I've got to stick to it!

Hi all :)

Just found this thread! I joined WW a month or so ago, and it's working slowly but well for me so far. I'm trying to get back on track after a week of not caring. Had all sorts of family drama and stress and just didn't track. But it's a new week, and I still miraculously lost after the bad week, so I'm pretty happy.

I've got my wedding in July (3 months!) and a September Disney trip to get in shape for, so I've got to stick to it!
Welcome! Yeah, the stress thing can be a precursor to a binge. But...you have a good attitude. Getting back on track is often the most difficult part. Once you are in the zone...it can be sweet! Don't beat yourself up over a slip. You've done the right thing in starting a new week with a fresh attitude. Welcome to our Thread!

Heading to see the Mouse tomorrow. Looks like a long drive in the rain. We check in on Monday. I am taking eggs, yogurt, bananas, grapes, and oranges. Hoping that starting each morning well will set the tone for the rest of the day. No loss for the last three weeks.

Heading to see the Mouse tomorrow. Looks like a long drive in the rain. We check in on Monday. I am taking eggs, yogurt, bananas, grapes, and oranges. Hoping that starting each morning well will set the tone for the rest of the day. No loss for the last three weeks.

Have avgreat trip and remember enjoy yourself, heathy options are important but is vacation too!! Will you be tracking?

Hang in there! It will eventually pay off....but not it you get off track!

Checking in from vacation. Been trying to limit the junk food and have used the hotel gym 2X but otherwise have not been tracking points or sticking to any plan. I'll be thrilled if I can maintain my pre vaca weight but that will only be because of all the activities. Why is it so much easier to put on than take off?

Shocking discovery! Truvia has calories! I've been so obsessed with finding a sugar substitute that tastes good that I totally ignored the label on the truvia! I love it! But....it has calories! I've been thinking it's calorie free and just pouring the stuff on my yogurt twice a day! I've tried Stevia, NutraSweet, etc. I'm cutting back on the stuff as of today! I really don't know how this happened....I'm so fastidious about checking labels. I guess I've been playing the "denial" game again. Oh....I just can't be trusted!

@sharona always easier to put on then get it off.... Just enjoy your vacation everyone needs a break from daily life and tracking when you get back you'll jump back in and kill it!

@ThistleMae ugh, I know that feeling, I love coffee from Dunkin Donuts but I know it's more then the 2 points WW app says but I get it anyway!

So I've been pretty bad and today I need to make a recycle project for DD (9 months and I have homework, go figure). So I needed to get a bottle and I drank all the apple juice (ok most of it someone else had one glass) we calculated it, that was about 90gm of sugar or 28 teaspoons (or was it tablespoons). Either way I'm grossed out and feel horrible. Plus is it really a recycling project of I bought the item just for it? I think not....

Planning my strategy for the Disney Vacation in November. I want to be able to eat whatever I want and I do plan on gaining a few pounds....like to limit it to 5. I've started practicing by eating out and ordering a appetizer sampler. So the items are not low calorie but the portions are very small. It's a compromise. I think I will try this at Disney too, eating less and sharing some meals and definitely sharing snacks/desserts. That will cut back on calories/points, whichever you do. Testing it today at Applebee's again. Saracha shrimp! Happy Weekend Everyone!

It's all about control and mindful eating! Have people in here been on vacation and maintained? Check-ins would be greatly appreciated!

Just back from a 10 night vacation and didn't gain or lose (per my scale at home). Very happy with that result! I didn't really track and ate mostly what I wanted (within reason). We had a very active vacation with swimming and walking (beach then Universal and MK) so that helped plus most days we only had 2 meals and just small snacks in between. Not a lot of desserts which I think was key for me and if I ordered something "bad" I tried to just eat 1/2 of it and fill up on veggie sides. I have 3 days before my weigh in to see if I can knock off at least a lb. I'm coaching DDs softball team and the season starts this week so going to aim to keep up with the 12 year olds for exercise!

Fantastic Sharona. Well done on being in control. I've just started doing ww again at home using my pro points documents from a year ago. Not doing meetings his time but trying to tick to the plan as I knew it from then. Hoping to join the hat here for support if that's ok?

Fantastic Sharona. Well done on being in control. I've just started doing ww again at home using my pro points documents from a year ago. Not doing meetings his time but trying to tick to the plan as I knew it from then. Hoping to join the hat here for support if that's ok?

I've also just started WW again (last month) after a long period of trying and failing to lose without a good plan. I was so worried that our vacation would throw me off track and was so afraid to step on the scale this morning and be disappointed! I've found this to be a very friendly and supportive forum. I'm sure you'll find the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter