We ate here, there, and back to here...8/19 to 8/25 from Beach Club on DDP complete

extra few steps from WOD to Westside :rolleyes1 .

extra FEW :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was having serious :scared1: :eek: :scared1: issues with the lack of creme brulee and I was clarifying that I could indeed go to the Marketplace location and eat creme brulee if I wanted, but not there, at West side...and DH was like, "Babe, it is NOT worth the 45 minutes it would take to get there and back." :laughing:

extra FEW :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was having serious :scared1: :eek: :scared1: issues with the lack of creme brulee and I was clarifying that I could indeed go to the Marketplace location and eat creme brulee if I wanted, but not there, at West side...and DH was like, "Babe, it is NOT worth the 45 minutes it would take to get there and back." :laughing:

I would walk a mile in a snowstorm for some good udon, while DH would be happy with a MCD's burger cause its "easy".

I would walk a mile in a snowstorm for some good udon, while DH would be happy with a MCD's burger cause its "easy".

oh, you must remember that we have 6 year old legs in our family! LOL! DH can only take so much shoulder carrying with those added 50+ pounds, so we would have to walk at a fairly slow pace...

We did walk the length of DTD from Disney Quest to the Marketplace bus stop...I think you could walk WOD to WPCE it in about 10-15 minutes, depending on your pace and how easily you were distracted along the way...when I first asked him, DH thought is was maybe a quarter mile and definitely less than half a mile.:confused3 I didn't mean to worry you...but it is more than a FEW steps...;)

While waiting for the fireworks following the parade during the P&PP, we went to that popcorn booth there in the circle in front of the castle. Popcorn and fireworks...ahhhh....

Just a quick note to share that the souveinir bucket popcorn...$3.75...was NOT included as a snack for the DDP. There was no little purple snack stick next to it on the menu sign...and I asked the CM just to make sure that wasn't an oversight...I just read on someone else's review that they got that bucket in AK, MGM, and Epcot. I did notice that they didn't get it in the MK and I wonder if this is one of those weird quirks...like you can get a funnel cake in MK with a snack credit, but not in Epcot.

FYI.

We did get the regular, smaller bag and a bottle of water for 2 snack credits...because you have to have popcorn when your watching the fireworks.:)

:sad1: This was our departure day. We ate breakfast from the lounge in our room...ahhhh...breakfast in bed while watching Saturday am cartoons...that's vacation for a 6 year old!:rolleyes:

Epcot was a pick to click for the time we had on this day. We walked on over there right around lunch time. DS really wanted more of the yummy chicken and since DH and I didn't really partake on our other visit to Japan, we were game...

I already described the restaurant from our previous visit...so straight to the food...

Teriyaki Chicken - Chicken thigh served with teriyaki sauce and steamed rice with Ginger Cake - Sponge cake with ginger flavored icing for dessert.
100_2761.jpg

this pic has the chicken side facing the camera...see!...it really is a large portion!...and it was good again...

I had Sushi Tokyo Roll - Avocado, cucumber, crab meat and smelt roe reverse rolled in sushi rice and seaweed with Ginger Cake - Sponge cake with ginger flavored icing for dessert and iced green tea of course.

100_2764.jpg

100_2765.jpg

I understand that for various types of sushi there can be decent and EXCELLENT sushi...but what about a ROLL makes it excellent? These rolls were no different than the ones I get from the little booth in my local Kroger owned grocery store made right there by the Asian chefs...I like them from the grocery store and I liked them from here...the avocado was fresh, so was the cucumber, and taste was normal...so...nothing special...but good...a little wasabe...a little picked ginger...dip in the soy sauce...and down the hatch! YUM.

btw...Saturday afternoon lunch hour...not busy...

True to being hungry at regular intervals...DS was ready for some more food before DH and I...we had just left Test Track...you know all those snack carts there by those rest rooms and the fountains?...we went over and DS says, yum, hot dog...

Not a snack credit, but I could use a CS credit...and I had some to burn...because we had been eating more meals using the lounge than I had anticipated...that and we ate more TS than anticipated when we canceled Citrico's on the first night...

At the snack cart, the hot dog CS meal would come with chips, (Lays potato chips were the only choice) a drink and dessert...which was a choice between either the yellow or the pink frozen lemonade by Minute Maid:eek:...totally couldn't deal with the frozen lemonade...and no, you can't sub with a tasty Mickey bar or twirly shaped popsicle from that other cart right there...but we were able to sub another bottled water for the dessert...yes, I know, a $6.75 hot dog, a bag of chips, and 2 bottles of water for a CS credit...some would be appalled:scared1:...that's not maximizing your purchasing power!...

I share because this is what we did...and it made DS very happy...and THAT, my friends, is maximizing the DDP...be happy...don't worry... (if you aren't getting the most expensive item on the menu, etc.)...there is sooooo much food available to you, I doubt that if you at least USED all your credits that you didn't at least break even...

that hot dog was BIG
100_2774.jpg

and there's my boy, showing his anticipation for that tasty big ole dog...

He couldn't even finish the whole thing...

I highly recommend Goofy's. All our selections qualified as one snack credit each. Even if you can't eat it right away, just take it with you...you will be so glad you did.:thumbsup2

I almost forgot I wanted to try this place (So MANY things to remember!) Thanks for your in depth descriptions, I love them!
Melissa

or I suppose I could title this...

How to use the rest of your dining credits...:laughing:

It was getting close to ME pick up time...and we had an agenda...so we headed back to the marketplace...remember your Homer...aaaaahhhhhhggggg gelaaaaaatooooooo...

we paid for our gelatos and the CM said...you have 6 snack credits left...:scared1:...no way!
and 2 cs credits...:scared1:

okay...let's figure this out...quickly...

the CS credits were fairly easy to compute...we grabbed the most perfect to go food for airplane travel. As it turned out...we arrived two HOURS before our departure time...so we picked some lounge type chairs in the general area after getting off the tram and enjoyed

Turkey and Mozzarella on Sourdough Baguette with basil mayonnaise, arugula, and red wine vinaigrette
100_2778.jpg

Roast Beef and Brie on Ciabatta Roll with horseradish mayonnaise and caramelized onions
100_2781.jpg

and you'll notice from the second picture that these are saran wrapped sandwiches. They are premade...prepared daily though...and just sitting there waiting for you to take with you...the perfect to go food...

if you were within a day of departure and anywhere near BC, I would seriously get these sandwiches and stick them in your fridge, assuming you had one, I suppose...these were good sandwiches...the bread was good...the meat and turkey were deli sliced...the mozzerella was the spongy fresh kind, not the string cheese kind...the brie was in big thick slices...the onions on the roast beef was a nice addition...and even though we totally ended up bypassing the condiment bar with the nice little packets, because we were trying to deal with using all our credits...they were still quite tasty and not too dry...

Our flight was at 5:55 pm...so this was a GREAT meal...you know how eating at the airport is...if it's quick service, it's generally junk food...expensive...and just about non-existent on today's flights...so seriously, if I have the privelege of staying near BC Marketplace again...I WILL plan for this for our trip home...

Oh wow...I just saw the Lays chip bag...that came with the hot dog CS from Epcot!...I'll have to edit that post...

The sandwiches came with a drink and dessert for CS...I don't remember all the choices for dessert...we chose this very special rice crispy treat to go with each sandwich
100_2780.jpg

which was tasty...and lasted...DS and I just finished the second one TODAY!:rotfl:

DS got another Lunchable for a snack credit
100_2779.jpg

I took a pic because, you know, I was taking pics of all our food at the airport...:)...I will say that the cheese was a little less than wonderful after the time for its travels to the airport and through security and on the tram...but still edible...the lunchmeat was just fine:thumbsup2...

And we bought a big, multi serving sized bag of Doritos for a snack credit...not the FAMILY SIZE...but still, the big bag...

a box of Entemann's chocolate donut holes and a box of glazed donut holes for the next day's breakfast since we were going home to an empty fridge for two snack credits

and a bag of Goofy's Candy Co. gummies and a bag of sour gummies for the last two snack credits...

And then we were at 0 for TS, 0 for CS, and 0 for snacks:sad:

I feel like I need to write a conclusion to this report.:rotfl:

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing this...I sincerely hope this information is helpful to you...I have tried to write what I would like to know, given the opportunity...

I felt a little like a reporter while on vacation and that was fun for me...it added another dimension to our travel and actually made me, if not my family, attempt to live in the moment that much more...which can be hard to do on a Disney vacation, when you may be forever thinking about what's next...and analyzing the best course of action now that you are eating and it is this time and likely the lines are this long and so it would be best to do... what next?...I know you relate...

This vacation needed to have a sense of relaxation about it...which isn't the easiest thing to accomplish while you clock the miles on your jambs and do your best to not overheat in the August sun...and so my dining choices reflected this goal...many of the restaurants herein this review swing both ways in the reviews...and I would urge anyone reading this to understand WHY you are selecting the restaurant you chose, because that will largely determine your satisfaction with your choice...if you choose based solely on the opinions of others, then you are fairgame for disappointment, because everyone has different tastes...if you chose because of a certain menu item or atmosphere, then your odds increase for an enjoyable, unregrettable, if not totally amazing dining experience...and with that, I withdrawl from my soapbox...

Even though I don't have another trip to WDW planned at this moment in time:sad1: ...I will still be around...if anyone has any questions, please ask...I enjoy being helpful...I'll answer to the best of my knowledge...

here's hoping that your dreams come true in the place where dreams do...pixiedust:

Thank you sincerely!
I leave in two days and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reviews!
People like you are what makes this site so wonderful!:love: :cloud9: :goodvibes

Fabulous dining report! Thanks so much for taking the time to do that.

Still drooling over the yummy food.....:goodvibes

thank you so much for taking the time to do a dinning report. it was great and you kept me interested until the very end.:thumbsup2

Jeannie,

What a great report!!! I read the whole thing:rotfl2: !! We will be going to WDW in April and I just booked yesterday through AAA for POR and for our parkhopper tix. I didn't add the dining plan, because I'm not sure about it. We are a family of 5 , but 2 of the kids, DD 12, and DS, 11 will have to pay the adult prices for the food. I really have to figure out if it is worth it. This report is really helping me decide. Thanks!!:love:

Patti

Jeannie - Excellent report!! Thank you for taking the time while on your vacation to "live in the moment" as we all benefited from it.:thumbsup2

We stopped in Goofy's to grab some snacks to eat later.

Basically, you get to pick a base, a dip, and up to two toppings. There is much to choose from. I don't have the sheet available right now, but if you really want to know, I could add the choices.

Could you post the choices? Do they have toffee bits?

Great reviews and pictures. Thanks for sharing. We haven't been to the Backyard Barbque for years but now I am thinking about it again after seeing the Mickey bars are now a dessert option. DD and DH would love that! The pool you saw isn't the Fort Wilderness themed pool - they don't have one. It is the pool from the old River Country water park. The rest rooms used to be part of River Country as well.

:rotfl: I just love some of those pictures of your son, like the first pic at Crystal Palace. What a character he is!

I hear you about the creme brulee..mmmm. Well, at least 45 minutes of walking would have burned off, say, about one spoonful? We were so happy when we saw that the patisserie in France had creme brulee but something was not right with it. It almost tasted like they'd put gelatin in it...weird. But it was late so maybe it had sat a little longer than is healthy for a cream-based dessert. :scared: So Houston has a Central Market, have you tried their surprisingly good creme brulee? Super cheap too :thumbsup2 (Though DH always asks them to go and "burn it up a bit more" on the top.)

Could you post the choices? Do they have toffee bits?

Gladly.

Goofy's Candy Co. Create Your Own Treat:

Start With:
  • Caramel Apple (the one base that I believe may be too expensive for a snack credit...)
  • Pretzel Rods
  • Marshmellow (which are 4 large sized marshmellows on a stick)
  • Gingerbread Mickey Cookie
  • Mickey Krispy Rice Treat
  • Fudge Cookie - vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter (these are oreo-like and 3-4" in diameter

Dipped In:
  • Milk Chocolate
  • White Chocolate
  • Dark Chocolate

Topped With:
  • Assorted Rainbow Sprinkles
  • Mini White & Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Chopped Peanuts
  • Chopped Pecans
  • Crushed Oreo Cookie Crumbs
  • Crushed M&Ms
  • Crushed Butterfingers
  • Crushed Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
  • Milk Chocolate Drizzle
  • White Chocolate Drizzle
  • Caramel Drizzle

Sadly, toffee bits are not available...I understand...that's why we bought the toffee slab, which was about 2-3" x 3-4" big...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter