We ate here, there, and back to here...8/19 to 8/25 from Beach Club on DDP complete

Thank you sincerely!
I leave in two days and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reviews!
People like you are what makes this site so wonderful!:love: :cloud9: :goodvibes

Thank you...that is so sweet.:cutie:

Fabulous dining report! Thanks so much for taking the time to do that.

Still drooling over the yummy food.....:goodvibes

thank you so much for taking the time to do a dinning report. it was great and you kept me interested until the very end.:thumbsup2

Jeannie,

What a great report!!! I read the whole thing:rotfl2: !! We will be going to WDW in April and I just booked yesterday through AAA for POR and for our parkhopper tix. I didn't add the dining plan, because I'm not sure about it. We are a family of 5 , but 2 of the kids, DD 12, and DS, 11 will have to pay the adult prices for the food. I really have to figure out if it is worth it. This report is really helping me decide. Thanks!!:love:

Patti

Jeannie - Excellent report!! Thank you for taking the time while on your vacation to "live in the moment" as we all benefited from it.:thumbsup2

Great reviews and pictures. Thanks for sharing. We haven't been to the Backyard Barbque for years but now I am thinking about it again after seeing the Mickey bars are now a dessert option. DD and DH would love that! The pool you saw isn't the Fort Wilderness themed pool - they don't have one. It is the pool from the old River Country water park. The rest rooms used to be part of River Country as well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone...you brighten my day.:cloud9:

Thank you for the posting the toppings! I guess the butterfinger toppings will have to do! :thumbsup2 lol But I will be sure to use a credit for a giant toffee slab becaue those little thin candy bars that you buy in the store just isn't enough! :banana:

Thank you so much for your excellent reviews and pics!

(And for the bathroom locations! :thumbsup2 )

I am on pg. 3 right now of this thread and just really loving it! I especially love that your writing style is including everyone, meaning newbies and experienced people alike. You're assuming that people haven't seen any of it, including a description of a Mickey Bar!:thumbsup2 Having been to DW 8 years now, I LOVE that you are doing this!! I'm also a BCV DVC member, and I have never taken a look at the Marketplace offerings until I saw them in your picture, you have no idea how helpful that was, we never seem to have the time to really take a look at what is available. So anyway, I really thank you for taking the time to do this for us.:yay:
p.s. well, I just finished the whole thing, and all I can say is a huge thank you!! This should be sent to the Disney folks somehow, they would appreciate it and maybe offer you some sort of job! lol. Anyway, I do have a quick question. At the Yakitori House, do they offer fried rice instead of white rice? That chicken looked delish!

We were shown to a wonderful table...

100_2537.jpg

Hey - we sat at that exact table on Aug 31. We were there after 5 and it was so noisy that I don't think I would go back there for dinner again.

We also loved the gelato and we liked that we could get 2 different kinds in one small order.

Thanks for the report.

I am on pg. 3 right now of this thread and just really loving it! I especially love that your writing style is including everyone, meaning newbies and experienced people alike. You're assuming that people haven't seen any of it, including a description of a Mickey Bar!:thumbsup2 Having been to DW 8 years now, I LOVE that you are doing this!! I'm also a BCV DVC member, and I have never taken a look at the Marketplace offerings until I saw them in your picture, you have no idea how helpful that was, we never seem to have the time to really take a look at what is available. So anyway, I really thank you for taking the time to do this for us.:yay:
p.s. well, I just finished the whole thing, and all I can say is a huge thank you!! This should be sent to the Disney folks somehow, they would appreciate it and maybe offer you some sort of job! lol. Anyway, I do have a quick question. At the Yakitori House, do they offer fried rice instead of white rice? That chicken looked delish!

Thank you!! They do NOT offer fried rice...white rice only. But it was good white rice, for being white rice...some is just stickly white...but this had to be jasmine, so it has more flavor that some typical fast food like places...the threads of ginger were a nice touch too, if you aren't a big fan of the plain...and there was enough sauce from the chicken to run into the rice as well...DS's plate had a "battle" going on...the sauce was invading the rice and slowly taking over...we got the play by play during lunch.;)

Hey - we sat at that exact table on Aug 31. We were there after 5 and it was so noisy that I don't think I would go back there for dinner again.

We also loved the gelato and we liked that we could get 2 different kinds in one small order.

Thanks for the report.

How funny...I hear you on the noise level...no pun intended...it would have been very annoying to me to have dinner there at the time we were leaving...I wonder if the late crowd is as bad?:confused3 ...being DTD...I'm not sure later would be better...I could go for some gelato right now...It's quite warm in Houston today...

Awesome reviews. I just read the whole thing from beginning to end. I love all your deatil and great pics. We rarely make it to DTD on our trips - they are usually only 4 days and we feel we have to pack in all the time we can at the parks. But, after seeing the pics. of the WP Exp and Cafe, I may have to make an exception this year. We ate at the Express a few years back and enjoyed it. Oh, and to go to Goofy's, too. My mouth is watering looking at the options. I think I may have already decided what to order 2 months from now.

We were orginally staying at the Swan this trip and I booked a dinner at YCG. We may not go now since we changed resorts. Do you know anything about the dinner menu? You mentioned there was a buffet at b'fast. I didn't think they had that at dinner but wasn't 100% positive.

Anyways, thanks for all the useful information.

I really enjoyed your TR report - but this report has me truly concerned...
I've sent others to your review - I loved how you and your son spent your dining and thought it would be helpful to a few I know -

Thanks for your helpfulness!!

Is everything ok?

I really enjoyed your TR report - but this report has me truly concerned...
I've sent others to your review - I loved how you and your son spent your dining and thought it would be helpful to a few I know -

I hope everything is ok!! Branv's post didnt seem mean or hurtful in any respect...

It WASN'T mean or hurtful in any way...it was fun and helpful...but unfortunately, it is a public announcement of our location...we have had a wake-up call recently and feel that we are supposed to remove all pictures of our family and all references to our location...it's a PROACTIVE course of action with regards to safety concerns in the world we live in...

Thanks for your concern...everything is ok...we are just doing what we feel we are supposed to do!

Jeannie, Thanks again for the great trip reviews! Loved all of it! Especially the details on the BC marketplace! Great Job! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter