We ate everything but the F&G Flowers! Updated 5.8.10...

I'll have to admit those filets from Jiko look amazing! Gosh, another place that I might have to factor in whenever we go again. I'd like to put my order in for those doughnuts for breakfast this morning!!!!! They look delicious. :) Hope it doesn't heat up too much but at least you'll have a great place to swim when it does!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the new resort which I know you will! Btw, its suppose to rain all weekend up here so enjoy sunny warm Florida for me. :)

I am totally enjoying your reviews -- but, man, this reading is sure making me work up an appetite :rotfl:

We are heading over in June and have upgraded our free QSDP to DxDP -- can't wait :cool1:

I am so glad you posted the pic of the olive flatbread at Jiko's. Everyone here usually raves about the BBQ flatbread -- but that Olive one looks like it was made just for me :love: I am so trying that in June :woohoo:

Enjoy!!

Morning all!! We are now at the BCV's (got in our room yesterday at 9:30am!!) and getting ready to head out. We finished the Kidani DDX last night and are breaking out the BCV DDP today.

Did we like it? We did - we had 5 full morning to night days to use 4 nights of credits and it worked out great. We didn't overstuff, we tried new places, it was great.

That said...

I am discontinuing the live portion of the dining reviews :( . I have tons of photos and I just can't put together the time to organize, upload and review. We're having such a wonderful time so while I'll continue to take photos of everything, I won't be posting them until we get home.

The DDX didn't defeat US, but it sure did defeat my live report...:rotfl:

I will absolutely be checking in so if you have questions or want anything checked out, let me know...! I think today is a DHS day and then a down day (haven't had one yet) but I'm not sure.

But I have to say - I'm really looking forward to using some CS credits! Bring it on......

I wish I could have zebra domes for breakfast....................... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

We've never tried Jiko before but the food looks great.

Looking forward to reading your review on lunch at Tutto Italia.

This is on our maybe list as I love pasta :goodvibes

Just stumbled onto your review today, and am loving it so far!! Glad to see you liked the Wave; it's one of our favorites. Have a great time the rest of your trip; looking forward to seeing the rest of your reports later on!:surfweb:

Can't wait to read the reviews and see the pictures of all the places you ate on your trip!!!!!! Have a great remainder of the trip. :) What has everyones highlights been thus far? How have the crowds been also? Oh, make sure you go on Tower of Terror for me once before you leave! :) :) :) Say "HI" to the family also!!!!!!!!

OK, if you had to create my perect dish this would be it .............,

'kalamata goat cheese flatbread which could have been pretty much invented for me - salty olives, feta-esque cheese, chewy crust. YUM!'

This alone has made me decide I HAVE to go to Jiko

We're home...! :(

We had a WONDERFUL time and got home late yesterday afternoon. I have a week's worth of dining reviews to share and will get to work on uploading all the photos this weekend. We are happy to be back with our pets and the beginning of Spring at home, but sad to leave such a fantastic vacation.

So we booked a bounceback for December :cool1:

So still to come:

Tutto Italia
Citricos
Coral Reef
Flying Fish
Sci Fi
Cape May Cafe (yeah, we went back)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Teppan Edo
Turf Club
WPE breakfasts
EOS
Flame Tree BBQ
Hurricane Hannahs
Beaches and Cream
BC Marketplace
Pepper Market

And stuff I probably don't remember. So I'll get to work and on with the show!

So glad you made it home safely and that you're back with your pets! And YAY for booking a bounceback in December! We're going this December too :cool1:

Breakfast in room!

After our dinner at Jiko, we stopped at the Mara to use some snack credits. We got zebra domes, grapes, watermelon, apples with caramel and kalamata olive hummus. The next morning, this was breakfast;

april222010077.jpg

april222010001.jpg

And a very lovely breakfast it was, too.

Tutto Italia lunch

We had dinner here two years ago and really enjoyed it, so we thought it would be a fun place to lunch while on the deluxe plan. We were able to move our 1:30PM ADR back to 11:30.

The atmosphere was okay but there was a lack of friendliness from our host and server and the manager who had to come talk to me about my food allergy (bleu cheese). He was also pretty misinformed. He asked if it would be okay to just take the cheese off a premade plate or if I needed an entirely new one. And oh yeah, it was gorgonzola so I should be fine, right?

Sigh.

We all started with breads and a bowl of olives with pits:

april222010014.jpg

DS picked the fresh mozzarella sticks, which DH and I pretty much ate:

april222010018.jpg

It was nice for him to have different choices for a starter.

DH and I ordered the Italian sampler for two - the source of the bleu (according to server) / gorgonzola (according to manager) (both cheeses of which I am allergic to) problem. In the end, we opted for no, don't just take it off a plate. I also opted to never mention it again while at WDW and just order foods without bleu cheese, et al (it isn't a fatal allergy or anything that won't be reversed with antihistamines).

april222010017.jpg

The red peppers were good, I loved the artichoke hearts, the fresh mozzarella was like solid milk - kinda boring. The salami meats were excellent, DH liked the mortadella which I skipped, the prosciuttio was salty but good, the beans and shrimp were okay and the tomatoes and zucchini were okay. Avoided the fungus. Ick.

In the end, we weren't thrilled but it was a nice sampler.

DS chose spaghetti and meatballs, which he liked a lot:

april222010022.jpg

So did DH:

april222010021.jpg

I very foolishly ordered the lasagna. I wasn't that hungry, but I had read how good it was and decided to order. Stupid choice - I know how rich bechamel is and I read the menu but WOW. This was HUGE and very, very rich:

april222010023.jpg

Please don't get me wrong - it was very good, but way too big and rich for lunch. I ate about 1/4 of it and gave up.

Max opted against dessert, but DH and I decided to order. DH picked the profiteroles - mini cream puff shells with vanilla gelato and chocolate sauce. VERY good!

april222010027.jpg

I couldn't decide between the lemon cheesecake and tiramisu so I got the sampler:

april222010029.jpg

This was a tiny chocolate cup with about two bites of tiramisu, a small sample of the lemon cheesecake with limoncello strawberries and a chocolate cake that had nutella in it? They were all good.

All in all, we were not blown away by Tutto and won't be going back any time soon. We didn't feel welcome and comfortable and spent much of the meal wanting to just leave and get something CS somewhere. Without the DDX, we'd never had gone.

sorry not so good service at tutto's. The food look yummy though. Can't wait for the next review!

You are very right - the food was good. I can't believe the lack of value though - much of the food was on par with a good day at Macaroni Grill but twice as expensive. You are defintely paying for the WDW location. We really loved it back in July 2008 and that added to the disappointment.

I don't think we'll be redoing this one anytime soon but I do look forward to the pizza place opening, as Italy is SUCH a beautiful pavilion.

I am drooling over the zebra domes. I absolutely love them. We drive to AKL when we don't stay there just for me to get my "fix."

Loved all of your dining reviews so far and can't wait to hear about the rest of your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter