We ate everything but the F&G Flowers! Updated 5.8.10...

Good Morning!!!!! You've talked me into wanting an ADR for The Wave whenever we go back. I can't imagine how many more places I'll want to go to after reading your reviews and seeing your pics!!!!! Hoping you all are having a marvelous time which I'm sure you are. :goodvibes

I.am.so.hungry.right.now. popcorn:: LOL

Love these! Going to subscribe. Would love a pic of the family we're reading about!

Hi! I have a few arm stretch photos of us - I'll see what I can do ;)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the filet at The Wave. I like it better than at Le Cellier.

So agree with you!

Wishes looks so yummy. I would love to do that!

It is wonderful - we've loved both times we've been! The food is great, but my favorite part is the comfortable wait, the great view and the drinks - cold is perfect for hot days, and cocoa and coffee are perfect for cold.

Just found your review and I'm LOVING it! I added an ADR for the Wave to our next trip after seeing your review. The filet looks awesome!!! Thanks for all of your hard work. I can't wait to read more!

Thank you! You will love it!

I'm loving your live TR. It's awesome. :thumbsup2

We did the dessert party last September and loved it. I thought it was worth it just for the view of Wishes. :3dglasses

Thanks for posting pictures of The Wave. I now want to go there! I am trying to figure out how to get it into our plans for September. The food looks great!!!

Thanks so much for sharing with us live!!!

Thank you! ANd I agree - the view is worth the money alone.

Wonderful reviews! We loved Yak & Yeki on our last trip. Really wanted to try The Wave but didn't have time, but it's definitely on the trip for next time! Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews, and enjoy the rest of your trip!:goodvibes

Thank you! We were very pleased with how much we liked it!

Thank you so much for the pictures and review! Loving it!
I was wondering if you remember, do they pack up the desserts once the fireworks started?

I don't remember but DH says he doesn't think so. I can tell you that the whole hour we were there they kept replenishing constantly.

Yum-O! :) Great updates!

Looking forward to your review and pics of Cape May...we have an ADR there for dinner as well.

Have a great day in Epcot!

CMC coming up next!!!

Your pictures are great. The food all looks so yummy.

Thank you!

I MUST get one of those Mickey caramel chocolate applies when I go in September! They look awesome!

I like your idea of snacks for breakfast. Sometimes I think that the buffets are just too much food in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I love going to them but I think your idea for breakfast is wonderful.

And is that a CASEY's hotdog??? They are the best on the planet!!!!!

I'm so loving this report!!!!!!!

Thanks! I booked a lot of the signature meals, etc so I figured we'd use snacks for breakfasts, lunches, etc.

And that is SO Caseys! DH loves it there and insisted ;)

Thank you so much for doing live reviews! I can't wait to read more!

Subbing! Great job so far . . . . popcorn::

I just made an ADR for The Wave for our trip in 18 days because of your review!! YUM!

Thanks all!!!

Good Morning!!!!! You've talked me into wanting an ADR for The Wave whenever we go back. I can't imagine how many more places I'll want to go to after reading your reviews and seeing your pics!!!!! Hoping you all are having a marvelous time which I'm sure you are. :goodvibes

Having SUCH a great time!!! Can't wait to tell you about it!

I LOOOOOVVVVE Casey's Hot Dogs!!
I don't know why! LOL!
Dh (jokingly) says "they must put a little crack cocaine in them!"
:rotfl:

:rotfl: My DH says the same thing about WDW popcorn!

Cape May Cafe - dinner

I wasn't planning on taking photos, but I ended up doing it anyway. We normally just love this place but this time we weren't as impressed. The food was good and there were some different items on the buffet which were good. They used to have prime rib, which became sirloin, which is now flank, which is good but the marinade was different than we enjoy. All in all, we had switched around a few ADR's for this one and have it booked a second time coming up and will be switching it out for something else. In other words, we liked it a lot, but not twice in a trip a lot (which we have been known to do...)

So the photos!

Salads/soups - the cucumber, mozzazrella, basil, tomato is new, as are the marinated olives:

April21023.jpg

April21032.jpg

April21022.jpg

Entrees:

April21024.jpg

April21028.jpg

April21030.jpg

The steak, again, was okay. The mac and cheese was very good, the gray food is steak tips in a cream wine sauce (very good), the mashed potatoes has pesto in them, the chicken was huge, and DH thought the crab legs were comparable to Joe's. They must have refilled the crab at least 10 times while we were there (on our side of the buffet) so they were very, very freshly cooked.

Desserts:

April21034.jpg

April21036.jpg

Can you tell we love the Oreo bon bons? The little dish has a new item - a tiny little hot lava cake that a chef serves you. VERY good. Here is a shot of it, once cut into:

April21035.jpg

And for those of you wondering what DS ate...try two bowls of this:

April21021.jpg

And a plate of these:

April21029.jpg

Yeah. Seriously... :rotfl:

Yesterday was breakfast at Boma - there are a ton of photos online so I left the camera packed away. It was a very good meal - I especially love the omelets made to order. The DDX is a lot of food, so we ate what we wanted but didn't make it a brunch/huge meal. DS enjoyed our server very much - especially when he called his cereal milk "Giraffe milk" and came back to measure DS's neck. DS was about 85% sure he was kidding, but had that little bit of belief...:lmao:

Lunch was EOS, OOP.

DH ordered the club and enjoyed it very much:

April21056.jpg

I ordered the Veggie (mmmm...feta!!) and it was perfect!! I think next time I'll get the salad though as the hot bread and cold veggies was a little odd to get used to:

April21057.jpg

DS enjoyed a fruit cup:

April21053.jpg

April21054.jpg

DS's shot of his entire meal, hidden Mickey style:

April21055.jpg

DH and I chose the ghirardelli brownies for dessert:

April21052.jpg

We had these in October and they are SO good!! They are also on the counter right now waiting for a snack moment.

DS enjoyed his cupcake for breakfast this morning after a yogurt from Target.

Love EOS and will be back there again this trip.

Samawati Springs Pool/Maji pool bar

We spent a good part of the late afternoon/early evening at the pool enjoying a few drinks and a snack.

Forgot to take a photo of the drinks...too busy drinking them...:rolleyes1

The club sandwich:

April21080.jpg

Which came with:

April21082.jpg

The sandwich was on very good multi grain bread with very fresh ingredients. Just meat and veggies, no cheese. If you're looking for a cold light meal, this was great!

Following along. I was on the fence about The Wave, but am going to go for it based on your review.

No poolside lemonade :scared1:

Great reviews as always Jenn - those Mickey apples are so cute. How great that DS got some free jelly beans (I assume they were jelly beans?)

I love your live reviews!!! AKL is our home DVC resort and we are staying there for our first time next trip. I am very excited to see that the club sandwich at the pool as turkey bacon! yum!!!

Samawati Springs Pool/Maji pool bar

We spent a good part of the late afternoon/early evening at the pool enjoying a few drinks and a snack.

Forgot to take a photo of the drinks...too busy drinking them...:rolleyes1

The club sandwich:

Which came with:

The sandwich was on very good multi grain bread with very fresh ingredients. Just meat and veggies, no cheese. If you're looking for a cold light meal, this was great!

Were you able to use a CS meal for this?

Thank you for posting about Cape May. I am allergic to shellfish, so we can't cook it in our home, and we never go to seafood places. DH loves crab, and since I know wdw is great when it comes to food allergies, I booked a Cape May dinner. I know DH will eat his weight in crab, and dd3 and I will have tons to choose from. (I don't want her first time eating shellfish to me on vacation, shellfish allergies run in my family) I just want to be full, and with those Oreo Bon Bons, I think I will be!!

I don't remember but DH says he doesn't think so. I can tell you that the whole hour we were there they kept replenishing constantly.

Thank you much!
I love CMC! I can't wait to go... yummmm (is there a drooling smiley?)

Sorry to hear that Cape May wasn't quite as good as before. But then again, I'm sure you'll enjoy trying to decide which ADR to make to replace the second one. ;) Also, are you ready to come home yet???? :rotfl2: I'm sure you are NOT. lol. Have fun for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your reviews and that fact that it's "live". I think I finally convinced my hubby to do the Wishes Dessert Buffet when we go- he saw your Creme Brulee pic and said, yup I'm in! :rotfl2:
Hope you continue to have a fabulous time. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Yum!!
I REALLY want to try EOS for lunch while we are at DTD one day!!

Cape May looks good...DS REALLY wants to go for the crab legs of course! Especially that they are all you can eat! :rotfl:

Keep those reviews coming!! :thumbsup2

I am seriously drooling at 5:17 a.m. over EOS!

We've always wondered what Cape May was like for dinner. We had breakfast t here once which was okay.

Thanks for posting all of these wonderful reviews!

Following along. I was on the fence about The Wave, but am going to go for it based on your review.

Oh do - it was really delicious~ I hope you enjoy it.

No poolside lemonade :scared1:

Great reviews as always Jenn - those Mickey apples are so cute. How great that DS got some free jelly beans (I assume they were jelly beans?)

No lemonade - I went with the orange creamsicle one ;) and yup, lemon jellybellies. It was SO sweet!!!

I love your live reviews!!! AKL is our home DVC resort and we are staying there for our first time next trip. I am very excited to see that the club sandwich at the pool as turkey bacon! yum!!!

It is so very, very beautiful here. If you want to request a location, I really really recommend 2nd floor as close to the lobby as you can be. We had that last time and it was wonderful!! You're in walking distance to the library, laundry, arcade, kids club, lobby (refilling those mugs!) and animal viewing areas, and close to the walk to the pool. And they do something so you still feel isolated from noise. We're on 3rd floor a bit further away this time so not as much activity from being in the lobby. We are close to the parking garage elevator though :thumbsup2

Were you able to use a CS meal for this?

We didn't, but DH says yes we could have. Add a soda and an ice cream bar to what we got if you do use a credit.

Thank you for posting about Cape May. I am allergic to shellfish, so we can't cook it in our home, and we never go to seafood places. DH loves crab, and since I know wdw is great when it comes to food allergies, I booked a Cape May dinner. I know DH will eat his weight in crab, and dd3 and I will have tons to choose from. (I don't want her first time eating shellfish to me on vacation, shellfish allergies run in my family) I just want to be full, and with those Oreo Bon Bons, I think I will be!!

Hmmmm....I believe they also had clams, mussels, fried calamari and mahi mahi on the buffet. Yes - fried calamari. And they were frying it right there at the buffet so it was very fresh and constant. So not freaky buffet fried squid, if you know what I mean.

And really - the crab was VERY good, they have the drawn butter and it was brought out constantly. And they have cute little metal buckets for the shells. We're not a huge seafood family and we always have so much to pick from here. I hope your family loves it!

Thank you much!
I love CMC! I can't wait to go... yummmm (is there a drooling smiley?)

Enjoy it - best atmosphere! I love the carpet (beach umbrellas), sand castles and the crayons in the front :lmao:

Sorry to hear that Cape May wasn't quite as good as before. But then again, I'm sure you'll enjoy trying to decide which ADR to make to replace the second one. ;) Also, are you ready to come home yet???? :rotfl2: I'm sure you are NOT. lol. Have fun for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!

It's supposed to be getting warmer this weekend so we might be getting ready for Wisconsin cool but...nah....!!! :rotfl:

And so far the front runner is Turf Club to replace CMC ;)

Love your reviews and that fact that it's "live". I think I finally convinced my hubby to do the Wishes Dessert Buffet when we go- he saw your Creme Brulee pic and said, yup I'm in! :rotfl2:
Hope you continue to have a fabulous time. Thanks for taking the time to share!

The creme brule, hands down, is my and DH's favorite thing there (although he says now that he liked the chocolate cheesecake too!)

Yum!!
I REALLY want to try EOS for lunch while we are at DTD one day!!

Cape May looks good...DS REALLY wants to go for the crab legs of course! Especially that they are all you can eat! :rotfl:

Keep those reviews coming!! :thumbsup2

You can tell how much we love EOS and what a great bargain it is, as we have the DDX and paid OOP ($20 for two huge sandwiches, fruit cup, two brownies and a cupcake - DH bought the drinks separately) And starting today we have the DDP so we will definitely be back with the CS credits.

I am seriously drooling at 5:17 a.m. over EOS!

We've always wondered what Cape May was like for dinner. We had breakfast t here once which was okay.

Thanks for posting all of these wonderful reviews!

EOS has breakfast you know, so 5:17 am drooling is completely understandable. Although truth be told, I'd love a veggie one right now ;)

Jiko

We ate at Jiko several years ago and it was very, very good. DH loves the AKL but isn't a fan of the food so Jiko was a "humor Jenn" kind of thing. In the end, we all really enjoyed! Our server was from close to home, was very friendly and made it a great experience.

We started with bottles of evian and she left one on the table for refills.

DS ordered another cherry coke and received 14 cherries (he counted):

april21010.jpg

His starter was the fruit salad. He was not pleased with it when it came out, as he likes to eat each piece separately (it was too finely cut for him...sigh) but he managed and in the end was very happy with the watermelon, pineapple and canteloupe:

april21011.jpg

DH had the popular BBQ chicken flatbread with apple and jicama and enjoyed it very much - although it looks very unappealing in the photo:

april21012.jpg

And I had the kalamata goat cheese flatbread which could have been pretty much invented for me - salty olives, feta-esque cheese, chewy crust. YUM!

april21013.jpg

We each brought half back and I can tell you from experience that the olive one is also great cold! :thumbsup2

For dinner - we are a boring family. DS? Filet, medium rare. DH? Filet, medium rare. Me? Same.

april21015.jpg

DS was in heaven - he loves filet, strawberries are his favorite, he loves potatoes and he's a veggie nut. The only frustration he had was trying to scoop up the carrots and peas with a fork. DH and I figured he didn't get a spoon for them, as most kids probably ignore them (I know I would :rotfl:). He managed though.

Ours (took only one photo as they were identical)

april21016.jpg

My apologies to anyone who doesn't like the look of rare meat - our server asked us to cut in to make sure they were okay. This was HUGE. At least another 2-3 ounces more than The Wave. They were just as excellent, but the wine sauce gave them a different flavor (The Wave was more salt/pepper/veal demi glace beef flavor so more "pure" according to DH). They were cooked just right and we all enjoyed them. I loved that DS has had the exact same quality that the adults have had, just smaller portions. I ended up giving 1/3 of mine to DH.

The mac and cheese was also good and we all enjoyed trying the flower petals. Surprisingly interestingly good!

For dessert, DH opted for the apple tart tatin. He said it was very good and I think I tried it. I know I had one of the caramelized nuts, which was wonderful.

april21018.jpg

DS had the Jiko S'mores and was incredibly happy with his choice. He had considered skipping dessert but was intrigued.

april21017.jpg

This was a homemade toasted marshmallow on a stick, graham cracker type soft cookies with chocolate and marshmallow in the middle and he thinks it's peanut butter ice cream, but says it might be granola/graham (because pb and graham are so alike :rotfl:) I didn't try, because the idea of peanut butter ice cream kindof makes me want to gag a little.....

I had the coffee ice cream and fresh cinnamon sugar doughnuts (pronounces "coke-sisters" according to our server and I had NO clue how to spell it and am too lazy this am to look it up on allears......)

april21019.jpg

I have no words for this.

Okay, I lied. I do. Oh. My. God.

Hot and fresh doughnuts, mixed with whipped cream and then strong coffee flavored cold ice cream....divine!!!

I would go back to Jiko JUST for the flatbread and dessert.

I was planning on uploading some more photos, but I left my camera in the car last night and DH has it right now (we move today so he's checking us in early so we can go about our day). We'll probably be homeless for a while (at the latest - 4:00 pm) so not sure when I can update. But here is the lineup from yesterday:

Breakfast in room:
yogurt, cereal boxes (from Target)
grapes (Mara)
zebra domes (Mara) (and yes, for breakfast. I'm not proud....)

Lunch:
Tutto Italia

Snacks in room/pool:
pretzels (Target) with hummus (Mara)
watermelon (Mara)

Dinner:
Citricos

We stopped at the Mara after dinner at Jiko and dropped a bunch of SC's on bowls of fruit (grapes, watermelon, apples and caramel), hummus and some domes. We have had plenty and decided not to get much fruit at Super T, but use them for something decent and healthy for once.

Today we have 3 meal credits each and 6 snacks total and we also get our BCV credits although those won't be touched until tomorrow.

Time to go stuff and shove whatever I can find in the suitcases (It's just going a few miles away to be unpacked again and most of it is clean laundry from yesterday so we'll skip the organization part) and start getting ready for the day. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!

Jiko looks fantastic! I would have ordered the same thing!:thumbsup2 Those doughnuts look right up my alley for sure. We've been holding off on Jiko until we finally stay at AKV (the last on-site DVC for us to try). I think that's going to have to be sooner rather than later!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter