We ate everything but the F&G Flowers! Updated 5.8.10...

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
Hello all!

Well we're here and settled in and I am uploading photos as I type. I started typing up the review after dinner in the airport so that'll be first. Then I do have today's.

So on with the show!

For those who want to hear who we are and see our lineup, you can check out the pre-trip dining report at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2440496

I've been patiently waiting like a good girl for the LIVE REVIEWS!!!!! Glad to see you got there safe and sound. :) Enjoy your week tons!!!!!! Let the live report BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**done last night in the airport**

So here we sit in the Minneapolis/St Paul airport, affectionately known throughout travel sites as MSP. (Or Missup, if you like to pronounce your acronyms.) Our vacation has begun and we are all really stinking excited! We found a lovely little corner here at our gate where there is an outlet, so I am typing up my live report (although not posting…we’ll only be here 40 more minutes and it’s $10 to log on) while DS has his DSi plugged in to charge while he plays and DH waits patiently. But that’s not the kind of update this report is about…so let’s get to the FOOD…!

We finally left for home 90 minutes late and were all starving. We stopped at our traditional dinner favorite, McDonalds. DS had a kids happy meal with chicken nuggets, fries and juice and a dragon toy (I am assuming you are all familiar with what these look like). DH and I had some regular old cheeseburgers and shared some of the saltiest French fries ever. GACK.

***important thing to know about me: a measuring stick of how salty I feel food is. I love salt. If all the oceans became freshwater I think I would die. I love salt so much I put it on everything (exception: cereal and….well…cereal). So when I say “too salty” you KNOW it was bad***

I made it through 1/3 of the container but DH couldn’t eat more than 2 fries (told you I love salt). He had a diet Dew (he misses this desperately when in WDW) and I had my favorite Coke Zero. In the end, we were full.

Once we got to the airport, we stopped at Chili’s Too for a snack. We weren’t really hungry, but we were earlier than we thought so we stopped off to kill some time and have a nice sit down. DS enjoyed a VERY sweet cherry coke, fries and a corn dog. DH had a regular coke and I had about 4 glasses of water (no kidding). DH and I split a steak fajita quesadilla.

I felt a little stupid taking photos in front of every single other table filled with business travelers. It was about 30 minutes in before a family walked in. But for the purposes of journaling all our dining experiences, I persevered and here you go:

P4162652.jpg

P4162650.jpg

The corn dog I am sure was fine ($4.49 with drink) and the quesadilla was marginal. It was mainly cheese, fajita cut steak, some carmelized onions and some half carmelized onions. Served with sour cream, guac, and pico de gallo. I had a coupon I forgot to use (doh!!!), and once we wandered down towards the gate we saw WPE and sighed. Maybe this week though…

I am now signing off to go shop for sodas for the flight and maybe a snack for a few hours in.

I've been patiently waiting like a good girl for the LIVE REVIEWS!!!!! Glad to see you got there safe and sound. :) Enjoy your week tons!!!!!! Let the live report BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellooooo!!!! Got your message yesterday on the plane - SO SWEET! thinking of you lots Buddy!

Glad you arrived safely!:goodvibes

Thanks and WELCOME!!!

I have today's reviews ready to go, but the BlackBerry modem is SLOOOOOWWW on photobucket so I'm going to head out swimming with DH and DS and then tomorrow morning we'll get the high speed.

To come:

Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ lunch
Mrs. Fields snack
Macaroni Grill dinner
POFQ Sassagoula Float and Floodworks (which creeps DS out) dessert/snack

Talk to you all soon!

Really looking forward to your reviews
Hope you all have a wonderful vacation :goodvibes

Love the live reports - makes it easier to wait for my upcoming trip! Thanks for taking the time!

I'll have to admit that corn dog looks mighty good this morning!!!!! Next time I'm at Chili's I'd better look at the kids menu first. :rotfl2: Looking forward to the real reviews to follow. So have you changed any of your ADRS yet???? ;) Enjoy Disney as I know you all will.

I am in ......... again! ;)

Have a magical time at WDW! :goodvibes

helloooo! And thank you - we so will!

Really looking forward to your reviews
Hope you all have a wonderful vacation :goodvibes

Welcome! I am totally a lurker on your report and love it - it was a wonderful way to get even more excited about our trip in the last week!

Love the live reports - makes it easier to wait for my upcoming trip! Thanks for taking the time!

I love them too! I lurk on so many of them and truly enjoy doing them.

waiting....Love it so far!

Welcome both!

I'll have to admit that corn dog looks mighty good this morning!!!!! Next time I'm at Chili's I'd better look at the kids menu first. :rotfl2: Looking forward to the real reviews to follow. So have you changed any of your ADRS yet???? ;) Enjoy Disney as I know you all will.

Nothing new yet, but no ADR's until sortof tonight ;)

I've never read a dining report before. This looks like a great one to try.:thumbsup2

I hope you are having a great time.

Welcome!!!! I hope I give you something wonderful to read - it's starting slow, but I'll have tons of updates this afternoon.

all subscribed ! ;)

can't wait for more

subscribing

I'm in....bring it on popcorn::

Welcome to you all!

We're headed off to breakfast and the beginning of what will be a verrry long day (MK open until 3:00am!!!! Not that we'll be there that late, regardless of what DS thinks/wants :rotfl:) DH is going to resize my photos so they upload faster ( I remember him doing this last May) and I'll post all of yesterday and half of today when we come back for a swim break.

Weather is GORGEOUS! Just a little humid, very low 80's...feels like June at home.

Today we're taking the big camera and hope to have lots of gorgeous food shots for you all. And tomorrow we move to AKV-Kidani and high speed internet so FASTER uploads!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter