WDW Commando Club

I tried at midnight and 12:30 am, no luck. This morning I got on at 6:30am and it worked, so somewhere between 12:30 am and 6:30 am it opens, I would take a guess and say 6am:confused3

I Did manage to get everything we wanted:cool1:

This is what we got

8/21 - Ohana 5pm
8/22 - WCC 5pm
8/23 - Teppen Edo 4:10pm
8/24 - 1900 Park Fare 8am
8/25 - Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic package 4:30pm
8/26 - LeCeillier 11:35 am (lunch)

I lucked out with the times, they are all keepers:woohoo:

This week I have to make the ressies for the extras, we will do, hope they work out just as well as the ADR's:woohoo:

Nice! I love Ohana and one of these days I will actually book a meal at 1900 Park Fare.... I wish I was planning ADRs or a trip or anything right now. :sad2: 6am sounds about right for them opening the window. It might have been 6 when I booked for my September trip last year but all I remember is setting the alarm ridiculously early and then not being able to go back to sleep because I was so excited that I got everything we wanted.

A few must do's this trip

-Visit the new lego store (should be done by then since they are saying April:confused3)

- Jedi Training (son loves this:goodvibes)
- Phineas & Ferb Meet And Greet - (they should be in HS for the summer)

A few ressies I still have to make (should be in place within the next week)

- AAA Storytime
- AAA Parade Viewing
- Haircut
- T-Rex Cafe

I am currently planning a DLand trip for this summer and it's just not nearly as fun as WDW planning!
Maybe I should go ahead and start working on a Halloween trip to the World to satisfy the urge.
;)

Mice Fan
Commando #129

I'm finally caught up on the whole thread!:cool1: Now I'm itching to get planning, but I can only do a basic look as I have to wait for October's hours to be posted. I know that with 10 whole days, and part of an 11th, we should be able to fit in most of what we want, plus rest times if needed.

Today I removed my Disneyland information from my Disney binder, and put in my menus and maps. Love my binder!

So, I have a quick question about the free dining plan...I booked before Dec. 20th, so I got the fd offered last fall. I put our check in day as Sept. 28th. What I'm wondering is, if we wanted to add one more day to our trip (fly in on the 27th instead) would it still be covered under the fd as it would be all listed under my reservation? Or because it is now past Dec, I would have to pay for the dining plan for that one day?

I'm finally caught up on the whole thread!:cool1: Now I'm itching to get planning, but I can only do a basic look as I have to wait for October's hours to be posted. I know that with 10 whole days, and part of an 11th, we should be able to fit in most of what we want, plus rest times if needed.

Today I removed my Disneyland information from my Disney binder, and put in my menus and maps. Love my binder!

So, I have a quick question about the free dining plan...I booked before Dec. 20th, so I got the fd offered last fall. I put our check in day as Sept. 28th. What I'm wondering is, if we wanted to add one more day to our trip (fly in on the 27th instead) would it still be covered under the fd as it would be all listed under my reservation? Or because it is now past Dec, I would have to pay for the dining plan for that one day?

Good question, I have no idea if they will include it:confused3, Best bet would be to give them a call.

If they do not , you could always go somewhere not on the DP like T-Rex Cafe, if your son likes dinos, he would love it there.

Let us know what you find out, never know if someone else is looking for the same info:goodvibes

Back to the FP thing, I saw today that they will be starting FP's to meet Mickey in the MK in the spring.

I know I'll be following this, since I have a gut feeling they will be adding more Meet & Greets to the list and maybe some shows that will have FP's:confused3.

The other day I sat down with September's hours, and October's hours from last year (just to get a general idea of what I had to work with), to come up with a very general plan, including thoughts on meals, park days, extra things like Fantasmic, etc.

I'm a little out of my league here. I had hoped to spend as little time as possible on the bus. I'd like a plan for if my youngest needs a rest, and a different plan for if it turns out he doesn't. lol! Does anyone here get off on planning OTHER people's days as well as their own? Because when October's hours come out, I'm going to need some serious help:rolleyes1:rotfl:

I am trying to convince myself to cut down on the TS meals so I don't have to pay out of pocket, because I know that I am returning in 2014 with my mom and son when he turns 8 (it's tradition). However. I want to do it all.:lmao:

Rides to cut (unless my brother comes, then he can take DD on them):

Expedition Everest
RNR
Space Mountain
TOT
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Hall of Presidents (I remember this as a kid, but there's no way the boys will sit through it yet)

Maybes (depending on how the boy reacts to the rides)

Big Thunder
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
POTC
Mission Space
Dinosaur

Anything I'm missing? I am so hoping to get to do all the rides on the maybe list, but if I can't, I will let my 9 year old on them and wait for her. No need for her to miss out.

The other day I sat down with September's hours, and October's hours from last year (just to get a general idea of what I had to work with), to come up with a very general plan, including thoughts on meals, park days, extra things like Fantasmic, etc.

I'm a little out of my league here. I had hoped to spend as little time as possible on the bus. I'd like a plan for if my youngest needs a rest, and a different plan for if it turns out he doesn't. lol! Does anyone here get off on planning OTHER people's days as well as their own? Because when October's hours come out, I'm going to need some serious help:rolleyes1:rotfl:

I am trying to convince myself to cut down on the TS meals so I don't have to pay out of pocket, because I know that I am returning in 2014 with my mom and son when he turns 8 (it's tradition). However. I want to do it all.:lmao:

We will help you out based on what your looking to get done, there are enough Commandos here, that can give you alot of different ways to plan:woohoo:

I didn't see you mention it, are you planning to do Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party:confused3

I'm sure we can set you on the right path, remember the only dumb ? is the one not asked:confused3

I am planning on attending one party for sure, maybe two if the schedule permits. lol! When we went to the one in Disneyland, there was so much going on, and we enjoyed it so much, that I ended up splurging on a second party at the last minute!

I'm just going through the tentative menu plans to see if it's worth another upgrade...I already upgraded from the QS to the regular dining plan, because I knew we wanted some character meals. I don't know if I can afford another one. lol!

I have a lot planned for us. We have a summer 2012,14 day trip planned. Woohoo. It will be our first time staying that long. My plan is to hit a park every other day. I have lots of extras I would like to do.
DS:Pirate cruise
DD:Wonderland teaparty
All four of of us F! Dining package
Characters in flight
Epcot seas tour for DS AND DH.
While the boys are playing in the water DD and I will be having lunch (fingers crossed) at CRT.

I am planning on attending one party for sure, maybe two if the schedule permits. lol! When we went to the one in Disneyland, there was so much going on, and we enjoyed it so much, that I ended up splurging on a second party at the last minute!

I'm just going through the tentative menu plans to see if it's worth another upgrade...I already upgraded from the QS to the regular dining plan, because I knew we wanted some character meals. I don't know if I can afford another one. lol!

:cool1: The Food & Wine Feast is also going on while you are there:woohoo: Great places to use some snack credits:yay: Also they have concerts, never know someone you like might be there:confused3

2 years ago at the F&WF, Taylor Hicks was there, of course my wife had to go see him (she was big on American Idol), I had a few cocktails during the show, Oh Yeh Good Times:eek::lmao:

I have a lot planned for us. We have a summer 2012,14 day trip planned. Woohoo. It will be our first time staying that long. My plan is to hit a park every other day. I have lots of extras I would like to do.
DS:Pirate cruise
DD:Wonderland teaparty
All four of of us F! Dining package
Characters in flight
Epcot seas tour for DS AND DH.
While the boys are playing in the water DD and I will be having lunch (fingers crossed) at CRT.

You have some really sweet extras planned, plus 14 days at WDW:cool1::thumbsup2

I got to do my favorite part of my planning today:banana: The live call to make any other ressies:goodvibes, the CM I got was great:woohoo:
After giving her all my info, she asked what I was looking to book

-AAA Parde Viewing
- AAA Storytime
- Haircut

The Parade Viewing is no longer offered :scared1: Too much going on in the park I guess:confused3

I then asked for The Harmony Barber Shop for the 25th at Noon, as soon I as said this, she said you are quite aware of what's going on around the parks, Then we started talking about The Dapper Dans & haircuts:cool1: I was able to get the best time to get a haircut at noon:woohoo:

The AAA storytime was not offered the day I wanted (2 days a week they don't do it, and I pick one of those days:confused3)
So I got the 1st one on the 24th at 10am.

The 24th is going to be a real busy day
- 8am Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
- 10am AAA Storytime At Epcot (Norway)
- Off to Seaworld (hope to be in park by 11:30am)
- T-rex Cafe Dinner (8ish)
- DTD
Talk about spreading yourself thin:scared1:

Was on the phone for a good 25mins, I asked if there was anything going on that I might not know about:confused3, after going down a list she did metion something I didn't know:yay:

Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing Along at the campsite, seems it starts at 6:30pm and is Free, no ressies needed just show up:woohoo: The kids sing songs and make Smores at 9 or 9:30 they show a movie. Now I knew that they had this but I didn't know if you weren't staying at the campsite you could still go:cool1:

I think we will give it a try:goodvibes

I am now going to be going to Orlando on June 24th through July 9th! My husband is going to have a conference at the DTD Hilton June 27th through the 29th and then he's going home for a couple of days and I'm going to stay at the Beach Club by myself from June 30th through July 2nd! We're going to do WWoHP on the 25th and the 26th, go check in on the 26th at the Hilton, I'll play in the parks during the day while DH is learning, we'll go out during the evenings, and then I'll need to plan some things for myself while I'm there alone.

:dance3:

I am now going to be going to Orlando on June 24th through July 9th! My husband is going to have a conference at the DTD Hilton June 27th through the 29th and then he's going home for a couple of days and I'm going to stay at the Beach Club by myself from June 30th through July 2nd! We're going to do WWoHP on the 25th and the 26th, go check in on the 26th at the Hilton, I'll play in the parks during the day while DH is learning, we'll go out during the evenings, and then I'll need to plan some things for myself while I'm there alone.

:dance3:

IMO Minnie Lor would be the best to give you some idea's:confused3 I know I would be like alittle kid in a toy store:lmao: But I can't see myself ever getting the chance of being a WDW by myself, although I would love to do at least 1 day, my son would never allow it:goodvibes

IMO Minnie Lor would be the best to give you some idea's:confused3 I know I would be like alittle kid in a toy store:lmao: But I can't see myself ever getting the chance of being a WDW by myself, although I would love to do at least 1 day, my son would never allow it:goodvibes

Well, my first alone day is a F! day so I'm going to avoid DHS. After seeing all the character pictures from Epcot last year, I thought I'd spend part of that day hanging out in the WS getting autographs and pictures. The next day is a non F! day so, I made a breakfast ressie at H&V at 8 AM so that I could try to beat the masses over to TSM after I'm done. My last day will be just a partial day as DH will be arriving around noon from the airport. These are all just tentative plans as of right now.

So far, for the first part of our trip, these are our ressies.

6/26 California Grill 7:45 PM

6/27 Cape May 7:30 AM
'Ohana 8:10 PM

6/29 Sci Fi 6:45 PM

6/30 Cape May 7:30 AM (since I'll be staying at BC for the next two days); tour Epcot during the day.
Crystal Palace 7:00 PM

7/1 Hollywood and Vine 8:00 AM; tour DHS. I've never eaten at Pizza Planet so I thought I'd give it a try.

7/2 Crystal Palace 8:25 AM; I may cut this one as I'll have to check out of BC that day and get over to POR to check in and wait for my husband.

I'll post my other ressies later. Those are pretty much set in stone now. I signed us up for a Pirate Party Boat thing and we're planning on a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

Well, my first alone day is a F! day so I'm going to avoid DHS. After seeing all the character pictures from Epcot last year, I thought I'd spend part of that day hanging out in the WS getting autographs and pictures. The next day is a non F! day so, I made a breakfast ressie at H&V at 8 AM so that I could try to beat the masses over to TSM after I'm done. My last day will be just a partial day as DH will be arriving around noon from the airport. These are all just tentative plans as of right now.

So far, for the first part of our trip, these are our ressies.

6/26 California Grill 7:45 PM

6/27 Cape May 7:30 AM
'Ohana 8:10 PM

6/29 Sci Fi 6:45 PM

6/30 Cape May 7:30 AM (since I'll be staying at BC for the next two days); tour Epcot during the day.
Crystal Palace 7:00 PM

7/1 Hollywood and Vine 8:00 AM; tour DHS. I've never eaten at Pizza Planet so I thought I'd give it a try.

7/2 Crystal Palace 8:25 AM; I may cut this one as I'll have to check out of BC that day and get over to POR to check in and wait for my husband.

I'll post my other ressies later. Those are pretty much set in stone now. I signed us up for a Pirate Party Boat thing and we're planning on a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

Cape May breakfast was really good, if you see a older gent that is a greeter in the lobby, be sure to get a pic with him, he is like a WDW icon:goodvibes

The pirate boat thing if it's The Pirate Firework Cruise you will have a good time, we really liked it:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter