WDW Commando Club

Well, my first alone day is a F! day so I'm going to avoid DHS. After seeing all the character pictures from Epcot last year, I thought I'd spend part of that day hanging out in the WS getting autographs and pictures. The next day is a non F! day so, I made a breakfast ressie at H&V at 8 AM so that I could try to beat the masses over to TSM after I'm done. My last day will be just a partial day as DH will be arriving around noon from the airport. These are all just tentative plans as of right now.

So far, for the first part of our trip, these are our ressies.

6/26 California Grill 7:45 PM

6/27 Cape May 7:30 AM
'Ohana 8:10 PM

6/29 Sci Fi 6:45 PM

6/30 Cape May 7:30 AM (since I'll be staying at BC for the next two days); tour Epcot during the day.
Crystal Palace 7:00 PM

7/1 Hollywood and Vine 8:00 AM; tour DHS. I've never eaten at Pizza Planet so I thought I'd give it a try.

7/2 Crystal Palace 8:25 AM; I may cut this one as I'll have to check out of BC that day and get over to POR to check in and wait for my husband.

I'll post my other ressies later. Those are pretty much set in stone now. I signed us up for a Pirate Party Boat thing and we're planning on a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

Sounds like you've got some great plans. When I travel alone, I don't do much in the way of table service as I'd rather snack my way around every park. I make a detailed spreadsheet making sure that I get in my favorite rides several times. I'm not into thrill rides so I concentrate more on rides that I adore and my DH is just so-so with. Last time, I had a spreadsheet but ignored it. I need one to keep me on track.

I also love to just sit and soak up the ambiance from different parts of all the parks. I grab something cold and find a shady spot. Going solo is a whole other experience. You hear, see, and smell more because you're concentrating on your senses instead of the person that you're traveling with. Those are the memories that I think about when I drift off to sleep at night. That's when you really "get" the whole magic of Disney.

I just got my tentative plan in place; took me 3 days worth of coffee breaks to figure it out. :rotfl: Of course, it will change a little later when I get October's hours, and the dates of the Halloween parties, etc. But I wanted to see it all in black and white. It's easier for me to get a grip on the 4 parks and all there is to do if it's in print in one spot.

Is it too soon to try it out here? Or should I wait until I have the hours and have tweaked it a little more?

I just got my tentative plan in place; took me 3 days worth of coffee breaks to figure it out. :rotfl: Of course, it will change a little later when I get October's hours, and the dates of the Halloween parties, etc. But I wanted to see it all in black and white. It's easier for me to get a grip on the 4 parks and all there is to do if it's in print in one spot.

Is it too soon to try it out here? Or should I wait until I have the hours and have tweaked it a little more?

I know the feeling, planning before the hours and events are up:scared1:, it is a good starting foundation though:thumbsup2

Let's hear what you got so far:confused3

Here's my tentative, ever-changing, possible plan...

Sept. 28th - arrive around 1 or 2, maybe head to Epcot. I don't want to have to fight crowds for rides right away, so I thought a saunter around the world might be a good way to ease in. Grab supper at Sunshine Seasons.

29th - EMH at MK - eat quick at the hotel before we go, no time to waste!
- grab lunch at Casey's, again no time to waste.:lmao:
Back to the hotel to rest/swim. We'll see if this works, and if DS will actually sleep. Today will decide how rest time will go the rest of the week.
Head to DHS for supper at Mama Melrose, get tickets for Fantasmic!

30th - Eat then head to MK for the morning.
- lunch at Crystal Palace
- head to hotel for rest/swim
-quick bite to eat somewhere, then stay for Halloween party if it's on this night. Last as long as possible. lol!

1st - DHS (hoping this is EMH, if not we're going anyway!)
- lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
- rest/swim
-head to MK for dinner at Columbia House (or another CS place) and 'play' until Wishes. I'm hoping to do the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Buffet:wizard:

2nd - AK -early day starting with breakfast at Tusker House
-lunch at the Yak and Yeti counter service place
-we'll stay until closing, as it's early. eat supper at hotel and in bed early.

3rd - Epcot - breakfast at Akershus
- lunch at Chefs de France (DS loves Ratatouille, so I will try my best to catch Remy)
- rest/swim
- maybe head to MK for EMH if it's on, or catch the electrical parade if it's on...kids will be in awe, and I'm hoping to see Elliot; Pete's Dragon is my favorite movie from childhood)

4th - Epcot - morning snacks from Boulangerie Patisserie
- early lunch at Le Cellier
- rest of the day will be rides, sight seeing, and snacking around the world...try to catch Illuminations if it's on this night.

5th - Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare...love me some Mary Poppins!
- Typhoon Lagoon day!!
- Once we're done, or get crowded out, we'll head to DTD to shop and eat supper at Wolfgang Puck Express.

6th - hoping for EMH at MK, if not, we'll show up early anyway!
- play all day, skip rest time!
- supper at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella! then early night in bed.

7th - last full day, so I'm not planning any TS meals. We'll decide during the week what our 2 favorite parks were, then do both of them this day and eat CS and snacks all day, lasting as long as we possibly can!

8th - breakfast at 'Ohana early, then head back and get picked up to fly home :sad2:

Somewhere in here, I had wanted to see Harry Potter world:rotfl: but will only try it if my brother can join us and we can find transportation. Otherwise I am refusing to leave the parks!

Dobby - So far your off to a great start:woohoo:, When the hours and events are released, you will be able to detail plans and change things to fit accordingly:cool1:

Thanks! It doesn't look too crazy with the meals? I had to cut out a few that I wanted to try, but I kept all the character ones that I really wanted to take the kids to. And last night, my character/stranger fearing boy said that he wants to meet Donald Duck! So that's Donald and Remy so far!!:goodvibes

Thanks! It doesn't look too crazy with the meals? I had to cut out a few that I wanted to try, but I kept all the character ones that I really wanted to take the kids to. And last night, my character/stranger fearing boy said that he wants to meet Donald Duck! So that's Donald and Remy so far!!:goodvibes

The 1st couple trips my son took, he was afraid of most of the characters:scared1: What I did for any animal character was to go up to them and have him pet them, they would show they like it, and he got out of the being scared thing:woohoo: For Pluto scratch behind his ear he will start moving his leg like a dog would, my son still does that to him, he's one of his favs:goodvibes

There are people like me out there! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm single, 26. No kids. etc. I never go with the same people. Last year I went with my aunt and her son. She wanted me to plan everything so I did. Then when we got to the parks...let's just say it was bad. I plan and plan...she doesn't.

This year, I am going with my younger sister who just turned 21. I hope it's better. We both hate wasting time except she does like her sleep which may make it hard for us to be at RD and stay till the park closes (2 AM for 2 nights at MK while we are there :banana:). I like to eat 3 meals/day. We are on the DxDPP and I am determined to eat TS each of the 3 meals with the exception of our Harry Potter Day (Sorry Mickey!). My sister called me a planning Nazi the other day because I told her I wanted her to make me a list of rides/shows for each parks and rank them :rolleyes:. I like to make a circle through the parks if I can. Extra walking is time spent that I could be walking! I do cut through stores etc if it's shorter. If we are waiting in line, I review the park maps and look around for wait times at other rides in order to see if our next planned ride is doable or if we need to rearrange or bump it all together. FP is a must!

Anyway, my plan for our upcoming trip 4-28 to May 4 at Pop. We will be using our car because I hate waiting on buses. :rolleyes1

Arrival day. Cape May Cafe (D) Wishes and MK til 2AM.
Day 2. Epcot- Askurshus (B) Chefs de France (L) Teppan Edo (D)
Day 3. IOA- Kona (B) Harry Potter. Narcoossee's (D) Then the boardwalk :banana:
Day 4. MK (2 AM!) Crystal Palace (B) The Plaza (L) Tony's (D)
Day 5. HS- 1900 Park Fare (B) Mama Melrose (L) Sci Fi (D)
Day 6. AK and DTD- Tusker House (B) Yak and Yeti (L) Wolfgang Puck (D)
Day 7. Ohana's (B) then to Magic Kingdom. Late lunch at Via Napoli before we leave.

Scheduled our lunches for 2 PM and Dinners at 8 or 9. Then we are eating lunch when it's hot and riding when others are eating lunch at the normal times. Late dinners to correspond with the late lunches. Breakfasts before RD with the exception of 1 on HS day due to the 2AM night before. There are EMH at HS this day so I think we will be OK.

Question? Last year I planned each ride in order according to the "make a circle" plan I had for each parks. However, I'm thinking this year of going in each morning with our first 5 rides or so planned and then relying on the Touring Plans wait times app on my phone to plan the rest and just hitting the one's with the shortest wait and using FP for anything longer than say 10-15 mins. I also plan to check the wait times daily two weeks prior to get an idea of when the best times are for certain rides. Anyone used this site for wait times before?

I haven't used the Touring plans wait time app, but I did use the undercover tourist wait app and I found it to be very reliable. The most I ever saw it be "off" was 5 minutes and it's really easy to send them a message with the correct waiting time so they can update it. I hope this trip is better than your last!

There are people like me out there! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm single, 26. No kids. etc. I never go with the same people. Last year I went with my aunt and her son. She wanted me to plan everything so I did. Then when we got to the parks...let's just say it was bad. I plan and plan...she doesn't.

This year, I am going with my younger sister who just turned 21. I hope it's better. We both hate wasting time except she does like her sleep which may make it hard for us to be at RD and stay till the park closes (2 AM for 2 nights at MK while we are there :banana:). I like to eat 3 meals/day. We are on the DxDPP and I am determined to eat TS each of the 3 meals with the exception of our Harry Potter Day (Sorry Mickey!). My sister called me a planning Nazi the other day because I told her I wanted her to make me a list of rides/shows for each parks and rank them :rolleyes:. I like to make a circle through the parks if I can. Extra walking is time spent that I could be walking! I do cut through stores etc if it's shorter. If we are waiting in line, I review the park maps and look around for wait times at other rides in order to see if our next planned ride is doable or if we need to rearrange or bump it all together. FP is a must!

Anyway, my plan for our upcoming trip 4-28 to May 4 at Pop. We will be using our car because I hate waiting on buses. :rolleyes1

Arrival day. Cape May Cafe (D) Wishes and MK til 2AM.
Day 2. Epcot- Askurshus (B) Chefs de France (L) Teppan Edo (D)
Day 3. IOA- Kona (B) Harry Potter. Narcoossee's (D) Then the boardwalk :banana:
Day 4. MK (2 AM!) Crystal Palace (B) The Plaza (L) Tony's (D)
Day 5. HS- 1900 Park Fare (B) Mama Melrose (L) Sci Fi (D)
Day 6. AK and DTD- Tusker House (B) Yak and Yeti (L) Wolfgang Puck (D)
Day 7. Ohana's (B) then to Magic Kingdom. Late lunch at Via Napoli before we leave.

Scheduled our lunches for 2 PM and Dinners at 8 or 9. Then we are eating lunch when it's hot and riding when others are eating lunch at the normal times. Late dinners to correspond with the late lunches. Breakfasts before RD with the exception of 1 on HS day due to the 2AM night before. There are EMH at HS this day so I think we will be OK.

Question? Last year I planned each ride in order according to the "make a circle" plan I had for each parks. However, I'm thinking this year of going in each morning with our first 5 rides or so planned and then relying on the Touring Plans wait times app on my phone to plan the rest and just hitting the one's with the shortest wait and using FP for anything longer than say 10-15 mins. I also plan to check the wait times daily two weeks prior to get an idea of when the best times are for certain rides. Anyone used this site for wait times before?

:welcome: You are member #143 :yay: You got some great ADR's lined up. As far as your sister being a late sleeper, I do have a kind of mean trick that will work 1 time to use on the day you feel you need her up early the most:lmao: When she goes to sleep set all the clocks, watches, cell phones ahead a few hours, like I said this will only work once:lmao:

The Touring guide app. I did get for my wife's phone, (verizon one:confused3) she checked it out a few times on the way down, but once we got thereshe didn't even look at it, I guess I did my job OK:confused3

I'm not a big believer in all the new tech stuff, still do most things the Old School way:scared1: Although I do think they give some good ideas, but if you can find it out easy so can everybody else:confused3

I like to plan the following way
1 - If you get a gut felling, go for it
2- Don't be afraid to follow a hunch
3- You can find also find adventures on the unbeaten path
4- If you have a choice between Right & Left, go left (most people are right handed and will vere to the right)
5- Most important ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings:yay: It's amazing what people walk rite by:eek:

I've gotten grilled on some of my planning methods on other threads (one of the main reasons I started this one) There are tons of ways to plan, and everyone has there own method of planning:thumbsup2.

Our last trip we were there with a large group from the Disboards, at the end of the day with my (crazy) planning left alot:confused3

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no rite or wrong way of planning, but if you mix a few methods up into one, you may find some things you wouldn't following one way:thumbsup2:confused3:goodvibes

Any thoughts for a countdown? We're almost at 200 days, and it's too soon for my son to start, DD keeps asking. lol! I don't want to do the paper chain thing, because it would be horrible long. :lmao: Last year we watched one Disney movie a week (or tried to). I want to do something different this year, it can be daily or weekly.

Any thoughts for a countdown? We're almost at 200 days, and it's too soon for my son to start, DD keeps asking. lol! I don't want to do the paper chain thing, because it would be horrible long. :lmao: Last year we watched one Disney movie a week (or tried to). I want to do something different this year, it can be daily or weekly.

Maybe make up a game, everyday you can show them a different pic of a Character, ride, landmark, form of transportation, resort, restaurant,etc. that they will see at WDW. If they like it, they will know alot of things when they come across them at WDW:confused3

I have gotten most of our trip knocked down...

I am going commando to all parks, no plan whatsoever. The only thing we had to plan was air trips, ground transportation to the hotels in the other countries and from there to the parks and back to the a/p, but the parks themselves- No ADR's (even for the busiest weekend of Spring Break season- top that, Commandos), not park planning- except to be at EPCOT for our arrival night which is also my anniversary :hug: then in AK the next day for my Earth Day Birthday:cheer2:

I am getting excited people- this is commando to the max!

Is anyone gonna be in any of the parks from April 13th- 25th? (Worldwide, I mean!) BWI from 21-
25th!!!

I am going commando to all parks, no plan whatsoever. The only thing we had to plan was air trips, ground transportation to the hotels in the other countries and from there to the parks and back to the a/p, but the parks themselves- No ADR's (even for the busiest weekend of Spring Break season- top that, Commandos), not park planning- except to be at EPCOT for our arrival night which is also my anniversary :hug: then in AK the next day for my Earth Day Birthday:cheer2:

Is anyone gonna be in any of the parks from April 13th- 25th? (Worldwide, I mean!) BWI from 21-
25th!!!

11 parks - 13 Days :teacher: That is Commando to the MAX:woohoo:. I can't wait to hear about your trip:confused3. Looks like most of your sleep time will be on a plane:confused3

I started my PTR, it is titled ---------- Heard WDW Missed Us, Well We Will Be Back In August. Everyone is Welcome to follow:grouphug:

25th!!!

Wow this sounds like a great trip, in what order are you doing the parks in?

I start planning a year out, then refine it as the info comes out. We are doing 10 nights - 9 park days and MNSSHP...so that gives us 2 and a half to 3 days in each park...rope drop, no breaks (except the ADR's) On our first trip our longest day started at 4am (when we left for the airport) and ended at 11pm.:scared1:It was sooo worth it!! Hubby and I take an extra vacation day at the end (after we get home!) to sleep :laughing: Shock and Awe commandos....shock and awe!:cool2:

I start planning a year out, then refine it as the info comes out. We are doing 10 nights - 9 park days and MNSSHP...so that gives us 2 and a half to 3 days in each park...rope drop, no breaks (except the ADR's) On our first trip our longest day started at 4am (when we left for the airport) and ended at 11pm.:scared1:It was sooo worth it!! Hubby and I take an extra vacation day at the end (after we get home!) to sleep :laughing: Shock and Awe commandos....shock and awe!:cool2:

:welcome: You are member #144:yay: Your going to have a blast at MNSSHP, plus it's a great time of year to go, and not to forget The Food & Wine Feast:woohoo:

I posted this in the restaurant thread but thought I'd post it here too. Any help is appreciated. I've ate at Tony's before and liked it. Many don't and I'm thinking there may be a better choice out there? So anyway..,

I'm thinking of giving up my reservation for Tony's the night of my MK day. I originally thought we'd have one day in MK. However, looks like when we arrive (around 2PM) they are open until 2 AM so we'll be able to go that day. Plus they are open until 2 AM for our full day so I think we'll be fine to leave and come back. 2 girls in their 20s. One adventurous in terms of food, one trying to be.

So if you could go anywhere in or around the Magic Kingdom where would you go? On the DxDPP and only have 1 TS to use for this meal and looking for a monorail or boat ride away only.

We have Teppan Edo, Chef's de France, Akershus (B), Ohanas (B), Crystal Palace (B), 1900 Park Fare (B), Via Napoli and The Plaza already booked

Also what time would be good. We want to grab dinner and be back before the parade. Probably won't stake out a spot and just watch in the back of the park so we can get on the mountains after it goes by. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter