WDW Commando Club

I posted this in the restaurant thread but thought I'd post it here too. Any help is appreciated. I've ate at Tony's before and liked it. Many don't and I'm thinking there may be a better choice out there? So anyway..,

I'm thinking of giving up my reservation for Tony's the night of my MK day. I originally thought we'd have one day in MK. However, looks like when we arrive (around 2PM) they are open until 2 AM so we'll be able to go that day. Plus they are open until 2 AM for our full day so I think we'll be fine to leave and come back. 2 girls in their 20s. One adventurous in terms of food, one trying to be.

So if you could go anywhere in or around the Magic Kingdom where would you go? On the DxDPP and only have 1 TS to use for this meal and looking for a monorail or boat ride away only.

We have Teppan Edo, Chef's de France, Akershus (B), Ohanas (B), Crystal Palace (B), 1900 Park Fare (B), Via Napoli and The Plaza already booked

Also what time would be good. We want to grab dinner and be back before the parade. Probably won't stake out a spot and just watch in the back of the park so we can get on the mountains after it goes by. Thanks!!!

Have you tried Whispering Canyon Cafe, I believe you can catch a boat from MK to WL.

If you want to get in and out, for most places 5pm is 1st dinner seating:woohoo:

We always see the parade near the shooting gallery, there is a spot nearby that has railing, the rope attaches to both sides, :teacher: no one can get in front of you:cool1:

Have you tried Whispering Canyon Cafe, I believe you can catch a boat from MK to WL.

If you want to get in and out, for most places 5pm is 1st dinner seating:woohoo:

We always see the parade near the shooting gallery, there is a spot nearby that has railing, the rope attaches to both sides, :teacher: no one can get in front of you:cool1:

Thanks! Was looking at that one and also Kona. The skillet dinner looks amazing at Whispering Canyon. Eating at Kona for breakfast already but the sticky wings look really good. I'm actually thinking of keeping Tony's (or switching dinner to The Plaza) and switching my lunch to ensure we can do the parade. We'd be eating lunch around 1 or 2 PM which I think is generally pretty busy for rides and hot and wouldn't feel rushed to get back for the parade since we'd be eating around 7ish prob due to the later lunch. Or maybe move lunch earlier to eat dinner earlier. hmm. Lot's to ponder. I am a perfectionist and will keep picking.

Could this be a maybe possible:confused3 They have interactive Mickey in DL, now since they will be doing FP's to see Mickey somtime in the spring, and a talking Mickey is supossed to be in a parade or opening at MK, now going on a gut feeling is it possible that they may have a interactive Mickey in store at the MK meet and greet :confused3

This is only a spectulation:goodvibes

Wow this sounds like a great trip, in what order are you doing the parks in?

Well, if the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise (as my grammie used to say):

DL to TDL to HKDL to DLP to WDW. I am praying for the people of Japan, and if they don't get the reactor issue under control, then we will have to forgo the trip all together until later in the year or even next year. My trip seems so small in comparison to their lives right now.

Hopefully, everything will workout for the people of Japan- and for me. I am getting excited...

Well, if the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise (as my grammie used to say):

DL to TDL to HKDL to DLP to WDW. I am praying for the people of Japan, and if they don't get the reactor issue under control, then we will have to forgo the trip all together until later in the year or even next year. My trip seems so small in comparison to their lives right now.

Hopefully, everything will workout for the people of Japan- and for me. I am getting excited...

I Hope Everything gets better over in Japan soon, You got a Awesome trip planned, and would love to see you do it:woohoo:

If it doesn't is there still the chance of doing the trip and adding maybe a extra day somewhere else:confused3

I Hope Everything gets better over in Japan soon, You got a Awesome trip planned, and would love to see you do it:woohoo:

If it doesn't is there still the chance of doing the trip and adding maybe a extra day somewhere else:confused3

We did discuss it, but we both feel that it would defeat the whole purpose of the "event" feel of it.

We will go to DL for a few days and then spend about 6 in WDW. Even though I would so love to go to my original plan of Fiji.

Who knows? We can change with the wind. I just hope it will be warm with tropical drinks or a really dark beer.

For all the Commandos (and Disney Commando)... here's my abbreviated plan for our trip in 10 days!!!

Sat: arrive/check in Port Orleans Riverside
Epcot- Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk, Figment's Journey
Dinner- Coral Reef

Sun: MK Rope Drop
Fantasyland
Lunch- Pecos Bills
Frontierland
Parade
Adventureland
Dinner- Liberty Tree Tavern
Parade
Fireworks

Mon: Epcot Rope Drop
Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth
Lunch- World Showcase Pavillion
World Showcase Pavillion
Dinner- TRex
Downtown Disney

Tues: MK
Breakfast- Crystal Palace
Tomorrowland
Lunch- Columbia Harbor House
Haunted Mansion
Dinner- O'Hana

Wed: MK
Breakfast- Tony's Good Morning Gathering
Pirate's League
Lunch- choice
PM- free time parks/pool/shopping
Dinner- Sanaa

Thus: AK Rope Drop
Dinoland, Asia
Lunch- Yak & Yeti
Africa
Parade
Lion King, Nemo shows
Dinner- Tusker House

Fri: DHS Rope Drop
TSM, Jedi Training, Little Mermaid
Lunch- SciFi Drive In
ToT, RnRC, LMA show
Depart for home.

For all the Commandos (and Disney Commando)... here's my abbreviated plan for our trip in 10 days!!!

Sat: arrive/check in Port Orleans Riverside
Epcot- Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk, Figment's Journey
Dinner- Coral Reef

Sun: MK Rope Drop
Fantasyland
Lunch- Pecos Bills
Frontierland
Parade
Adventureland
Dinner- Liberty Tree Tavern
Parade
Fireworks

Mon: Epcot Rope Drop
Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth
Lunch- World Showcase Pavillion
World Showcase Pavillion
Dinner- TRex
Downtown Disney

Tues: MK
Breakfast- Crystal Palace
Tomorrowland
Lunch- Columbia Harbor House
Haunted Mansion
Dinner- O'Hana

Wed: MK
Breakfast- Tony's Good Morning Gathering
Pirate's League
Lunch- choice
PM- free time parks/pool/shopping
Dinner- Sanaa

Thus: AK Rope Drop
Dinoland, Asia
Lunch- Yak & Yeti
Africa
Parade
Lion King, Nemo shows
Dinner- Tusker House

Fri: DHS Rope Drop
TSM, Jedi Training, Little Mermaid
Lunch- SciFi Drive In
ToT, RnRC, LMA show
Depart for home.

Sounds Good:cool1:

The Jedi Training ,in Nov changed the way you sign up, they no longer do it before each show,they now do the sign up 1st thing when park opens, till they fill all the spots, it fills up quick.

When you do the Pirates League, ask if they still do the parade, they have someone taking photos and you can get them uploaded to your photopass:cool1:

Read that when the Tiki Room reopens, it will no longer be the under new management show. I wonder if it will be the originial show or something different all together:confused3. I'm looking forward to seeing the new show :goodvibes

I am late starting to plan our trip for next month (just got off a cruise) and just printed off the park hours/parade times schedules. Yea! MK is open 3 times until 2 am during our trip!:woohoo: We have never been to WDW in April, I know it will be more crowded than the end of August or October when we normally go, so I am planning feverishly. Night commandos, here we come! :thumbsup2

I am late starting to plan our trip for next month (just got off a cruise) and just printed off the park hours/parade times schedules. Yea! MK is open 3 times until 2 am during our trip!:woohoo: We have never been to WDW in April, I know it will be more crowded than the end of August or October when we normally go, so I am planning feverishly. Night commandos, here we come! :thumbsup2

Late night EMH's are awesome for getting around the park, the later it gets the less people around:cool1: Alot of the rides you can walk right on (except Peter Pan, I'll never understand why the line is always huge:confused3)

Now that the October hours are up (and some unofficial party dates), I thought I'd tweak this a little. I actually didn't have to change too much.:banana:

Sept. 27th - arrive around 1 or 2, swim, then head to DTD to shop. Supper at WPE. Early to bed because we have a 'butt-crack of dawn' early flight that morning.

Sept. 28th - DHS - early lunch at Starring Rolls
-maybe head to AK in afternoon, then an early night.

29th - EMH at MK - eat quick at the hotel before we go, no time to waste!
- grab lunch at Casey's, again no time to waste.
Back to the hotel to rest/swim. We'll see if this works, and if DS will actually sleep. Today will decide how rest time will go the rest of the week.
-back to MK for the Wishes dessert party.

30th - Eat then head to MK for the morning.
- lunch at Crystal Palace
- head to hotel for rest/swim
-quick bite to eat somewhere, then stay for Halloween party if it's on this night. Last as long as possible. lol!

1st - DHS EMH
- lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
- rest/swim after the parade
-head to MK for dinner at Columbia House (or another CS place) and catch the electrical parade.

2nd - AK -early day starting with breakfast at Tusker House
-lunch at the Yak and Yeti counter service place
-we'll stay until closing, as it's early.
-head to DHS for dinner at Mama Melrose and catch Fantasmic!

3rd - Epcot - breakfast at Akershus
- lunch at Chefs de France (DS loves Ratatouille, so I will try my best to catch Remy)
- rest/swim
- maybe head to MK for EMH

4th - Epcot - morning snacks from Boulangerie Patisserie
- early lunch at Le Cellier
- rest of the day will be rides, sight seeing, and snacking around the world...try to catch Illuminations.

5th - Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare...love me some Mary Poppins!
-Another MK day, I think.
-late lunch or early dinner at Tony's.

6th - EMH at MK!
- early rest time
- early supper at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella! then either the halloween party again, or early to bed. we'll see how it plays out.

7th - last full day, so I'm not planning any TS meals. We'll decide during the week what our 2 favorite parks were, then do both of them this day and eat CS and snacks all day, lasting as long as we possibly can!

8th - breakfast at 'Ohana early, then head back and get picked up to fly home

Of course, all this partly hinges on whether or not my brother is coming along, which we are impatiently waiting to hear. If not, I'll do my best and stick to this as much as I can.

Well, I have given up. Resistance was futile. I am Lori, LoriABil on the DisBoards, and I am a park commando.

I was in denial for 3 years. "It's our 1st year," I told myself. "We have to have it planned out.". Then, the second year. "We are going to have to fit in everything we didn't see last year; look, I made a handy spreadsheet.". Fast forward to our 4th trip to WDW. We still have not seen it all, but this year is about taking it easy.

But wait! You have to schedule down time! Stormalong Bay? Let me pencil that in. Mini golf at Fantasia...I can move a few things. You have to schedule down time, people; it doesn't just happen!

So here I am. Amongst the people I have learned from and admired from afar. I still have much to learn, but I know this is where I belong. I have 2 months to tweak, modify and finalize our plan. Rest is for cruises - the Parks are for fun!

Semi-bad news today...just found out my brother can't come for sure. So, I'm on my own with the kids, and odds are, will miss out on a lot of rides. I'm still crossing my fingers though. ;) The good news, is that this will save me about $1000 between his plane ticket, park ticket, and upgrade for the dining plan. :cool1: We'll be using a bit of that for an extra halloween party night, and an extra day tacked onto our trip.

So now we're flying in on the 27th instead of the 28th.

Add me to the list! Commando style all the way (well...as much as you can be with a toddler and infant- have to be flexible sometimes!)

Nov. trip is fully planned...now I just have to figure out what to do in the next 229 days.

Well, I have given up. Resistance was futile. I am Lori, LoriABil on the DisBoards, and I am a park commando.

I was in denial for 3 years. "It's our 1st year," I told myself. "We have to have it planned out.". Then, the second year. "We are going to have to fit in everything we didn't see last year; look, I made a handy spreadsheet.". Fast forward to our 4th trip to WDW. We still have not seen it all, but this year is about taking it easy.

But wait! You have to schedule down time! Stormalong Bay? Let me pencil that in. Mini golf at Fantasia...I can move a few things. You have to schedule down time, people; it doesn't just happen!

So here I am. Amongst the people I have learned from and admired from afar. I still have much to learn, but I know this is where I belong. I have 2 months to tweak, modify and finalize our plan. Rest is for cruises - the Parks are for fun!

:welcome: You are member # 145 :cool1: There is always something new to do (Disney adds new stuff all the time) plus being so big with a ton of restaurants, every trip has something new:goodvibes

Add me to the list! Commando style all the way (well...as much as you can be with a toddler and infant- have to be flexible sometimes!)

Nov. trip is fully planned...now I just have to figure out what to do in the next 229 days.

:welcome: You are member #146 :cool1: My sons 1st trip was when he was 18 months, I was surprised on how much we were able to get done:goodvibes, I love the whole 11-11-11, it would make a great shirt, sounds awesome:woohoo:

Now that the October hours are up (and some unofficial party dates), I thought I'd tweak this a little. I actually didn't have to change too much.:banana:

Sept. 28th - arrive around 1 or 2, maybe head to Epcot. I don't want to have to fight crowds for rides right away, so I thought a saunter around the world might be a good way to ease in. Grab supper at Sunshine Seasons. Early to bed because we have a 'butt-crack of dawn' early flight that morning.

29th - EMH at MK - eat quick at the hotel before we go, no time to waste!
- grab lunch at Casey's, again no time to waste.
Back to the hotel to rest/swim. We'll see if this works, and if DS will actually sleep. Today will decide how rest time will go the rest of the week.
-back to MK for the Wishes dessert party.

30th - Eat then head to MK for the morning.
- lunch at Crystal Palace
- head to hotel for rest/swim
-quick bite to eat somewhere, then stay for Halloween party if it's on this night. Last as long as possible. lol!

1st - DHS EMH
- lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
- rest/swim after the parade
-head to MK for dinner at Columbia House (or another CS place) and catch the electrical parade.

2nd - AK -early day starting with breakfast at Tusker House
-lunch at the Yak and Yeti counter service place
-we'll stay until closing, as it's early.
-head to DHS for dinner at Mama Melrose and catch Fantasmic!

3rd - Epcot - breakfast at Akershus
- lunch at Chefs de France (DS loves Ratatouille, so I will try my best to catch Remy)
- rest/swim
- maybe head to MK for EMH

4th - Epcot - morning snacks from Boulangerie Patisserie
- early lunch at Le Cellier
- rest of the day will be rides, sight seeing, and snacking around the world...try to catch Illuminations.

5th - Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare...love me some Mary Poppins!
- Typhoon Lagoon day!!
- Once we're done, or get crowded out, we'll head to DTD to shop and eat supper at Wolfgang Puck Express.

6th - EMH at MK!
- early rest time
- early supper at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella! then either the halloween party again, or early to bed. we'll see how it plays out.

7th - last full day, so I'm not planning any TS meals. We'll decide during the week what our 2 favorite parks were, then do both of them this day and eat CS and snacks all day, lasting as long as we possibly can!

8th - breakfast at 'Ohana early, then head back and get picked up to fly home

Of course, all this partly hinges on whether or not my brother is coming along, which we are impatiently waiting to hear. If not, I'll do my best and stick to this as much as I can.

Glad that worked out and you din't have to change too much:yay:

When you make your ADR's, if you don't want to miss too much park time, go for the 1st seating, this way you don't have to wait around for people to get done eating, your in and out, back in the park:woohoo:

I hope to do the early seatings, for sure. Luckily, DS is an early riser, and DD isn't, but when I whisper in her ear that it's Disney, she hops right out of bed. lol!

Semi-bad news today...just found out my brother can't come for sure. So, I'm on my own with the kids, and odds are, will miss out on a lot of rides. I'm still crossing my fingers though. ;) The good news, is that this will save me about $1000 between his plane ticket, park ticket, and upgrade for the dining plan. :cool1: We'll be using a bit of that for an extra halloween party night, and an extra day tacked onto our trip.

So now we're flying in on the 27th instead of the 28th.

It's a bummer that your brother can't make it, I'm sure you could of used the extra help with the kids, I think you will do fine:goodvibes, you got alot of time yet to plan & with the extra day you will get that much more done:banana:

I haven't added the extra day onto my ticker, but...I get to make ADR's tomorrow!! :cool1:

Aiming for:

Crystal Palace
Sci Fi Dine In
Tusker House
Mama Melrose
Akershus
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Supercali...at the GF
Happily Ever After at the GF
O'Hana

I need one more; Abba's asking to eat at Tony's in MK, I kind of want Kona or Boma...any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter