• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

What is the "leftover wine" of which you speak? :rotfl:

LOL I know, we are usually too stuffed with Mickey bars and everything else to drink much!

Got an email from Southwest about a CLick and Save sale. I saved $60 on our flights to FLL. This is the second time our BWI to FLL fight has dropped! Gotta love Southwest!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Now if our LAX flight would drop in price. :thumbsup2

Yay for you! That is very nice news.

I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!

I feel for you! I am also in process of starting something new and it has been a bittersweet journey. At this point we are going on the cruise, so hopefully anyone who I work with will be understanding that the plans cannot be changed.

You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary

He's pretty easy to spot in a crowd, since he's 6' 4" (we joke that if we ever go to Disneyland Tokyo, Shanghai or Hong Kong - we'll quickly learn the local term for "giant American man")

My hubby is 6'8". The biggest question people ask him is if he plays basketball so he always jokes back do you play miniature golf!

I guess we also have a tall husband club going because mine is 6'6" and his cousin who is sailing with us is also over 6'

My husband is also part of that club, he is 6'4 and instead of getting the basketball player line, he gets the football player one. :rolleyes:

I can fit in his pocket at 5'0 - yes, I could have played a munchkin in OZ - so we tend not to blend in so well either. My sister calls us an exclamation point couple, he's the tall part and i'm the little dot !!!!

Looks like retired Capt Puckett will be on board again for this cruise:

http://panamacanalpilot.net/contactupcoming-events.html

This is great to hear! My husband is a big fan.

Thanks for the responses! Looks like there will be a group of tall gentlemen on this ship! My dad will be part of this group as well. DH will feel a little left out, but I think he is used to it by now, our boys are 6'2 & 6'0! I got the basketball question myself, but for me, volleyball was my game!

47 days!

Happy First Day of Spring, fellow DISers :flower3:

I am home with sick kids:sick:

CHICKEN POX try my patience:eek:

Spring yeah...but we are getting snow now for the next 4 days :(

I hope kiddos get better soon. Mine didn't have chickenpox yet.

Ours are 7 & 10, hope a few older kids are on board! Want to do the kid meet and greet, but will not be boarding until 2pm - I think people are meeting up right after lunch!

Mine are 7 and 8, turning 8 and 9 end of May/beginning of June...I think we have nice groups of kids close in age :)

So sorry you are dealing with Chicken Pox. The thing we found that worked wonderfully was Aveno bath. It's a powder, and very soothing. But also very slippery, so keep a hand on your child if they stand up in the tub.
Cindi

I guess we also have a tall husband club going because mine is 6'6" and his cousin who is sailing with us is also over 6'

My husband is also part of that club, he is 6'4 and instead of getting the basketball player line, he gets the football player one. :rolleyes:

I can fit in his pocket at 5'0 - yes, I could have played a munchkin in OZ - so we tend not to blend in so well either. My sister calls us an exclamation point couple, he's the tall part and i'm the little dot !!!!.

Sounds like there will be a lot of tall men (my DH is 6'4" too) and some short women (I'm 5'2"). We always joke that I can stand under his arm when it rains and not get wet. ;) My mother called us the trylon and the perisphere (you have to go back to the 1939 World's Fair for that reference...see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trylon_and_Perisphere. Guess which one I am lol).

My DH will bring kids to the kids meet since I'll be at the DIS meet :)

Well, since the kids' meetup at the Mickey pool after lunch was my idea, I can safely say that I have no intention of the two overlapping because I am going to both. ;)

Got an email from Southwest about a CLick and Save sale. I saved $60 on our flights to FLL. This is the second time our BWI to FLL fight has dropped! Gotta love Southwest!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Now if our LAX flight would drop in price. :thumbsup2

How does this work??

we're really hoping that they do an Oceaneers adult evening so we can learn how to make flubber!

We got to do the adult flubber class on the 3 night DVC member cruise in January, it was an absolute hoot!! The guy they had conducting the class so funny we were almost literally ROTFL.

I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!

Great news about the job, but sorry to hear you had to cancel.

Ours are 7 & 10, hope a few older kids are on board! Want to do the kid meet and greet, but will not be boarding until 2pm - I think people are meeting up right after lunch!

We will have to make sure to introduce our 10 year olds. I believe that you are also looking at the Edge for your son. I also believe we have some of the same excursions booked. Maybe they will get along and enjoy hanging out...even if one is a girl and one is a boy! Our DD turns 11 in mid June and is currently in the 5th grade.

We will have to make sure to introduce our 10 year olds. I believe that you are also looking at the Edge for your son. I also believe we have some of the same excursions booked. Maybe they will get along and enjoy hanging out...even if one is a girl and one is a boy! Our DD turns 11 in mid June and is currently in the 5th grade.

Wouldn't that be great? But don't be too surprised - 10-11yo girls are so much more mature than their male peers. 10-11yo boys are just dorks. Found that out on the last class field trip. But they can at least join forces to break into the Edge!

kbishop2013 said:

Our cousins who are sailing with us have two boys who are 6 and 11. The 11 year old is planning to be in the Edge for this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter