WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

ravensilverlight said:
Add DH and I to this list - he's 6'5" and I'm 5'3".

I can imagine a National Geographic-type voice over..."And it is in early May when the taller members of the species gather their shorter spouses and form a travel group for the migration from East to West. They travel as a pack, heading south to cross through the Panama Canal before following the coastline back north to California, when the traveling group then breaks up to return to their respective homes..." :rotfl:

That was awesome!! I can just hear David Attenborough or Jacques Cousteau's voice! :rotfl:

My question to you is what are you going to do if they say you can't take them out? Do you have a plan?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The response was "thank you for the update", which is code for "let me find the best way to proceed". Which is a hell of a lot better than "Are you insane".

They might say no and they might unenroll us, but in the end we are going and will just find a way for this to work. Now on to the fun stuff, like packing! Oh wait, too early?

Feeling the guilt. Just contacted the school to let them know that the kids will be out of school for the entire month of May (we are doing a week in Fla before and a week in LA after). To say that the District will disapprove will be an understatement. Has anyone else had this experience? How did you/the school handle it?

I visited my kids school principal, talked to her, wrote a letter so they have everything in written and don't forget...we had no problems at all. We did that two months ago, so school and teachers are aware my kids will be gone. After the cruise my kids don't go back to school anymore, actually school should be over on May 15th, but since we had 5 snow days, last day is May 20th.

Add DH and I to this list - he's 6'5" and I'm 5'3".

I can imagine a National Geographic-type voice over..."And it is in early May when the taller members of the species gather their shorter spouses and form a travel group for the migration from East to West. They travel as a pack, heading south to cross through the Panama Canal before following the coastline back north to California, when the traveling group then breaks up to return to their respective homes..." :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I love this! I am picturing this mockumentary in my head right now.

My husband delights in making fun of me being a full foot shorter than him. I showed him the pictures of past PC cruises where people are crowded to the bow of the ship as it approaches the locks and told him I planned on watching from another deck or our balcony since I'd never be able to see anything in that crowd. He, of course, says "What's the problem? I would still be able to see just fine."

That earned him a raspberry.

Feeling the guilt. Just contacted the school to let them know that the kids will be out of school for the entire month of May (we are doing a week in Fla before and a week in LA after). To say that the District will disapprove will be an understatement. Has anyone else had this experience? How did you/the school handle it?

What grade are your kids in?

Does anyone know if or when they may announce any celebrity types that may be on the boat? I know for my TA it was Charro. I was hoping for someone with more of a Disney background on this one.

I know we have a bunch of people staying at the Double tree. I'm wondering who beside us that might be. It would be fun to touch base before the 6th.

I know we have a bunch of people staying at the Double tree. I'm wondering who beside us that might be. It would be fun to touch base before the 6th.

we arrive on sat evening so will have all day sunday to relax and look around. I believe there are quite a few staying at the Doubletree also. It is suppose to be quite close to a marina that has lots of shops and restaurants

Simply brilliant!! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

We are staying at Doubletree. We will be at the hotel once we finally get there lol. We land at FLL at 4:40pm on 5th.

Aloha!

We are thrilled to be joining all of you on this cruise. I will try to figure out how to send these private messages to join in the fun of the Fish Extenders and the Secret Mickey. Can't wait to meet all of you!

Aloha!

We are thrilled to be joining all of you on this cruise. I will try to figure out how to send these private messages to join in the fun of the Fish Extenders and the Secret Mickey. Can't wait to meet all of you!

Welcome!! Be sure to check out the first and second posts of this thread for info about happenings on the cruise.

I believe you have to have 10 posts before you can send a PM. So get posting. :wave2:

To send a post, you can click on the Disname and a drop box will appear. Just choose the send a private message option.

Or you can go to the blue bar at the top of the screen and click on User CP. This will bring tou to your user page and you can send PM from there as well.

Or above the log out option in the blue bar it Says Welcome FlyGrlHNL you can click on
Private Messages and it will take you there as well.

Lots of options.

Hello everyone! I've been lurking this thread for a while now (creepy me!) and we decided to join in the fun. So excited to be doing this cruise, Panama Canal has been a dream for me for a long time.

On our adventure: me (Karin)
DH Stan
and DS Stanley, who will be 18 months

It's Stanley's second Disney cruise, the first was at 10 months - this one should be SO MUCH easier than that was! Plus, I think he will recognize some of the characters this time, which should be a blast.

Ok, off to find some other threads to comment on so that I can PM and join the FE! See you real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter