WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

What is it about the kids born in the summer of '09? My twins (born July 2nd) are huge for their age (wear sizes 6-7) despite being preemies. We know a few twins born July-August of that year who are the same.

My girls were born in 2004...one 5 weeks early, one 12 weeks early...hence two kids in 2004! I am thrilled we have a small group of kiddos on this cruise!

Can't wait to meet Lexa and her, similarly aged, family :):):):)

Almost May 6th!!!!

I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!

Sorry to hear you will miss the cruise but what fantastic news about your job. You can do a PC cruise another time but the chance of a job isn't always there.

Our kid is 38. Oh wait that's how old I am.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:

How often do they charge you for the corkage? $25 local + $20 corkage = $45 a bottle. Premium Wine package for 7 nights = ~$42 a bottle. If the corkage fee is pretty regular, I'd rather not haul bottles of wine with me along with day stuff for four AND a diaper bag.

The corkage fee is charged when you bring your own bottle to the main dining rooms. Those of us who bring bottles on board for consumption in their own stateroom don't have to pay it.

Ok, so we have just under seven weeks! I've been trying to figure out who is who, and where we fit in to this group. DH and I are in our late 40s, have three kids (18,20,22) and enjoy all things Disney, sports, and camping. We are traveling with my parents. You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary

Mary,

We will be easy to spot in embarkation day... All four of us will have red shirts on! Us being my DH, and my parents. Dad will be easy to spot... White hair and a cane. He will talk to anyone and has asked if he is the oldest person on this cruise at 84 almost 85! If your husband and he strike up a conversation I'm sure Dad would love swap knee stories. We too are looking for a relaxing trip and meeting new people.

Anne

Scott and I are forty-somethings who refuse to act our age - we're really hoping that they do an Oceaneers adult evening so we can learn how to make flubber!

He's pretty easy to spot in a crowd, since he's 6' 4" (we joke that if we ever go to Disneyland Tokyo, Shanghai or Hong Kong - we'll quickly learn the local term for "giant American man")

For photos - you can visit our podcast Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28558260@N04/sets/

My girls were born in 2004...one 5 weeks early, one 12 weeks early...hence two kids in 2004! I am thrilled we have a small group of kiddos on this cruise!

Can't wait to meet Lexa and her, similarly aged, family :):):):)

Almost May 6th!!!!

This will be awesome :) So many kids close to age and parents too!

What is it about the kids born in the summer of '09? My twins (born July 2nd) are huge for their age (wear sizes 6-7) despite being preemies. We know a few twins born July-August of that year who are the same.

Jackson's birthday is July 4th. You talk about the same age wow. He also wears 6/7 but I agree for twins that really is unusual

We are going to Disneyland for 2 days after the cruise. Does anyone know of any discounts available for admissions?

There are very rarely discounts for 2 days. Sometimes in Southern california there are discounts at grocery stores for 3 days, but they usually don't start until June.

Your other option is to check with your hotel for a package, but unlikely.

Nancy

I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!

Oh! Well, good news/bad news, I guess. :thumbsup2 Congratulations on the employment!

Ok, so we have just under seven weeks! I've been trying to figure out who is who, and where we fit in to this group. DH and I are in our late 40s, have three kids (18,20,22) and enjoy all things Disney, sports, and camping. We are traveling with my parents. You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
Mary

We are 68 and 63. You will likely see us with BoosGram and her hubby most of the time, as well as another couple from here at home traveling with us. ::yes:: We are the biggest kids! :rolleyes:

Hurrah for finding a new job! Sorry you won't be joining us--next time...

Robin"D";47855513 said:
just want to make sure you got our names for the mixology class
thx
Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Same here--Andrea & Greg. Filled out the form about a week ago.

We are 68 and 63. You will likely see us with BoosGram and her hubby most of the time, as well as another couple from here at home traveling with us. ::yes:: We are the biggest kids! :rolleyes:

Yup, we just have old wrappers; inside we are about 7 :rotfl2:. And we love cruising with our friends!!! :grouphug:

Jackson's grammie said:
Jackson's birthday is July 4th. You talk about the same age wow. He also wears 6/7 but I agree for twins that really is unusual

They should be pretty well matched, then! Sounds like there will be a decent sized batch of 4 yr olds and nearly 4 yr olds on this cruise. That should be great fun!

Politzania said:
Scott and I are forty-somethings who refuse to act our age - we're really hoping that they do an Oceaneers adult evening so we can learn how to make flubber!

He's pretty easy to spot in a crowd, since he's 6' 4" (we joke that if we ever go to Disneyland Tokyo, Shanghai or Hong Kong - we'll quickly learn the local term for "giant American man")

For photos - you can visit our podcast Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28558260@N04/sets/

My hubby is 6'8". The biggest question people ask him is if he plays basketball so he always jokes back do you play miniature golf!

Carol and i are both in our 60's. We will be the two with 'eyes wide open'. I'm the shy one. :lmao: Im a very big lady, Carol is plus size.

We do plan on going to the meet and greet.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

debbie

47 days!

Happy First Day of Spring, fellow DISers :flower3:

I am home with sick kids:sick:

CHICKEN POX try my patience:eek:

They should be pretty well matched, then! Sounds like there will be a decent sized batch of 4 yr olds and nearly 4 yr olds on this cruise. That should be great fun!

Ours are 7 & 10, hope a few older kids are on board! Want to do the kid meet and greet, but will not be boarding until 2pm - I think people are meeting up right after lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter