WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Mom323, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Mom323

Mom323 Founding member of FOG

Got an email from Southwest about a CLick and Save sale. I saved $60 on our flights to FLL. This is the second time our BWI to FLL fight has dropped! Gotta love Southwest!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Now if our LAX flight would drop in price. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mom323

Mom323 Founding member of FOG

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

4. Lexa

Lexa DIS Veteran

I agree..>Rosa Regale is fantastic. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but this wine I can drink! :)

5. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Nice!! :thumbsup2

6. sdlong329

sdlong329 "Life is just a Fantasy!"

Officially, I am not a wine drinker ... however ... when we sail with other DCL cruise friends of ours, we arrange to bring the following alcohol onboard, for a 14 night DCL cruise, for 4 adults ...

8 bottles - Banfi Rosa Regale Sparking Red Wine
    1 bottle - Cliff Edge Sparking Shiraz (Australia)
    1 bottle - Oremus or Royal Tokaji (Hungary, 2006 or earlier)
    1 case - Smirnoff Ice, preferably WILD GRAPE
    (Rose Regale is available locally for under $25 ... is offered on DCL for $60 - $65, and is offered at Top Of The World @ Bay Lake Tower / Contemporary Resort for $75. With the Premium Wine package, the Rose Regale would be about $47 per bottle (after gratuity) ... NOW you know why we bring it with us. Disclaimer: If we opt to consume this outside of our stateroom, we bring it to the dining room, and have the server(s) handle the corkage (they never have to re-cork the bottle, or move it to the next restaurant).

Non-alcohol:
    case of Coke Zero ... case of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi ... case of bottled water.

It can be amusing watching four adults trying to maneuver this routine!

Steven

7. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

How often do they charge you for the corkage? $25 local + $20 corkage = $45 a bottle. Premium Wine package for 7 nights = ~$42 a bottle. If the corkage fee is pretty regular, I'd rather not haul bottles of wine with me along with day stuff for four AND a diaper bag. :lmao:

The Coke Zero's a good idea for my DH, though.

8. Chaopolis

Chaopolis Earning My Ears

Do they have Coke Zero onboard? I've been trying to quit sodas all together, but I sneak a Coke Zero from time to time. :)

9. Disjanny

Disjanny Earning My Ears

I have to cancel this cruise because of a new job. On the one hand I'm happy to say I'm now employed. On the other hand it's new and I can't take two weeks off right now. Enjoy your trip through the canal!!!

10. corbett744

corbett744 Mouseketeer

Thanks.

11. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

They did not have Coke Zero on the Wonder last spring.

12. houseofduck

houseofduck Mouseketeer

I think you may have missed my earlier post. I only confirmed with Alamo, but I'm sure I've read that the others have a free shuttle also.

13. DVCTigger

DVCTigger DIS Veteran

Ok, so we have just under seven weeks! I've been trying to figure out who is who, and where we fit in to this group. DH and I are in our late 40s, have three kids (18,20,22) and enjoy all things Disney, sports, and camping. We are traveling with my parents. You will recognize us, I am 6'1" and DH is 5'7. He is one of the new knees. We are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation, but enjoy meeting new friends! Please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to us!
    Mary

14. Jackson's grammie

Jackson's grammie DIS Veteran

Looking forward to meeting you = we are easy to spot. Jackson is three looks like 5 and very outgoing. He likes everyone on the elevators to acknowledge each other. Heather is blond and beautiful and I am the "old lady " using a scooter to get around. Since I have just found out that the "dis color" is lime green I will definitely buy a lime green ribbon for the scooter.

15. kbishop2013

kbishop2013 Earning My Ears

Thanks! I did miss it! Just confirmed that Dollar/Thrifty/Hertz/Alamo provide a shared shuttle to POM. When you return the car, go up to the main level of the rental car center, the bus depot is just outside.

16. Lexa

Lexa DIS Veteran

Mary, we are kind of easy to spot. My and my DH are probably close to your age, but with a lot younger kids who are traveling with us. DS is 8 and DD is 7. A lot of people think we are their grandparents :)

17. Jcmh

Jcmh Mouseketeer

What is it about the kids born in the summer of '09? My twins (born July 2nd) are huge for their age (wear sizes 6-7) despite being preemies. We know a few twins born July-August of that year who are the same.

18. Jcmh

Jcmh Mouseketeer

That is going to be us in a few years. Kids are 3.5, we are closing in on 42.

19. kbishop2013

kbishop2013 Earning My Ears

Closing in on 43, kids 7 & 10. And I have got to pay more attention. We have a disboard color? Will hunt around for something lime green.

20. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Our kid is 38. Oh wait that's how old I am.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

21. SchneiderFam

SchneiderFam Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this information! You just took a big thing off the to-do list. We well get there yet! :)