WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Mom323, Jan 23, 2013.

1. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

We are going and my guess is we will be non-alcoholic drinks...do join us... It will be fun!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GoinPlaces63

GoinPlaces63 Mouseketeer

I've not been, however I've seen mention of $400.

4. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

OOOOHHHH i see. LOL Thanks so much

5. annichan

annichan There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath

(Sorry everybody, I just cannot take the tension any longer: )

Beauty ... :music: and the ... BEEEEEEAST!!!! :rockband:

Phew. Glad to have gotten that out of my system. :lmao:

I truly hope it is nothing serious, and that you will feel better soon!

Aww thank you, I will remember that and it makes me feel so much better already! :goodvibes

6. ReAnSt

ReAnSt <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

Cupcakes or desserts would also be a fun meet idea. Although I'm not sure how we would make it work.

7. Lexa

Lexa DIS Veteran

Yes, it's not where you are going on a cruise but for how long. 14 days cruise CD is usually $399.

8. sdlong329

sdlong329 "Life is just a Fantasy!"

I am going to ask for a cut-off date of April 1st. The Group Rate Hotel met its minimum quota some time ago, and we likely have availability for a few more rooms, if interested. Basic information can be obtain on the 1st post (page 1) of this thread. More detailed information is as follows:

LOCATION: The Marriott Biscayne Bay and Doubletree Grand are located on the 1600 – 1700 block of North Bayshore Drive, and are connected (adjoining lobbies) on the first floor. Some rooms overlook the water, and provide views of the ships in port. Of the two hotels, the Marriott Biscayne Bay offers nicer public rooms. Since the two hotels are attached … you’re able to walk between the facilities without stepping foot outside. The DoubleTree Grand offers a lower price of the two hotels, so it was a logical choice.

Marriott Biscayne Bay link:
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miabb-miami-marriott-biscayne-bay/?ttr=2.18bE

Doubletree Grand link:
    http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/doubletree-by-hilton-grand-hotel-biscayne-bay-MIABSDT/index.html

Bayside Marketplace / general Information:
    www.baysidemarketplace.com

Biscayne Bay / General Information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscayne_Bay

GROUP RATE PRICING:
    Doubletree Grand = $149 per room, per night, plus tax (Rack Rate = $199)
    Currently, we are able to obtain group rate pricing for your choice of May 4, and/or May 5.

SHUTTLE: Most of the port-area hotels seem to offer a 3rd part shuttle service for about $5-$10 per person (from hotel to the port).

*** IF YOU ARE INTERESTED in staying at the Doubletree Grand prior to the cruise, please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with your first and last name, as well as your e-mail address. I will contact you to advise of the booking process.

Enjoy the cruise! :thumbsup2

Steven

9. Beauty & the Best

Beauty & the Best Its all so magical!

Everybody sing! :rotfl:

I agree with this. However, when I went on honeymoon with my husband, I did NOT appreciate the woman at the botanical garden in Maui who suggested that my husband would enjoy the gardens with his daughter! :scared1:

IMHO amazing skincare products make all the difference.

Debbie, what city are you in? I grew up in Va. Beach, so we would drive down a lot as kids and I've been a few times recently. Such a gem.

10. Jcmh

Jcmh Mouseketeer

Thank you!

11. vakamalua

vakamalua DIS Veteran

Debbie, let me know if you want to be added to the CG list.

12. WestCoastNovaks

WestCoastNovaks Earning My Ears

Hi all - it's getting closer! I have so much to do! I know what project I'm going to do for the FE gifts for everyone, now I just have to get all the supplies! Oh yeah, and make an FE - or buy one since I cannot sew. Oh and magnets, and other stuff, and and and. aaaaaahhhhh!

Please let me know if anyone is new and wants on the FB group. If you have sent me a friend request, but have NOT sent me a message asking to be added, please do so. I do not add people as friends unless I know who they are or why they are asking.
    I check both mailboxes on facebook (inbox and other) so I will see your request no matter what.
    I'm unfortunately, only on the DIS boards once a week or so - so if you want on the FB group, please send me a message on FB.

13. DVCTigger

DVCTigger DIS Veteran

Alicea, I just asked my DH (Jon) to send you a fb message to add me to the FB group. :thumbsup2. As we are getting closer I am getting more excited and would like to get to know everyone a little better. One of our favorite cruises was one where we were really involved with our DIS meet group!

[​IMG] WEEKS!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2:goodvibes

14. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Just wondering if any other wine lovers are planning on bringing their own on board for in-cabin (or veranda) consumption. If so, how much?

Val & I brought two bottles on our last 7-night cruise but we also bought the 4-night wine package, which worked out OK. I'm thinking this time we may go for a box, or two, plus a 7-night wine package.

15. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing transportation from WDW to port. We have 6 people and thought it might be nice if we could get more people to share a larger transport with us. That way no car to return in Miami. Please PM me if interested. :goodvibes

16. corbett744

corbett744 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there has been any discussion about approx how much the mixology class will be. Just ball park. Thanks. Cindi

17. kitkat2704

kitkat2704 Earning My Ears

As far as I know it's $20.

18. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

As above, $20 per person, non-refundable to your onboard account. I believe the sign up deadline is March 22.

19. Chaopolis

Chaopolis Earning My Ears

We may. Not sure if we'll have the room. The wife and I love wine though.

We're just doing the 5 night wine package and spreading it out over 14 nights. I DO love wine, but a bottle every night is overkill for me. :)

20. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Well pre cruise all done. We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Found a great rate for a one bedroom suite for airline employees at a Hyatt for only $97.00 a night with a free breakfast buffet, free parking, free Internet. Not bad. So we are renting a car at FLL on 5/4 and returning to MIA on 5/6 and going to grab the DCL bus from MIA.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. Alexis Green

Alexis Green Mouseketeer

LAST CALL for the Mixology class signup!!! I will be cutting it off on Friday and sending out a conformation list to those who have signed up!