• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waldo on Wheels in a World of Rats in Pants & Fruity Booze. 10/29 Stick a fork in me.

Maybe Waldo wondered off again and that's why she isn't here updating her trippie?:rolleyes1

Jeez! The troops are getting restless, eh? Good thing I have another installment in the works. Just need to upload photobucket! :lmao:

:surfweb:

Hi Tracy! Welcome home! I can't believe your TR is on page 3 already! I feel so late! :headache: I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip, and I've been trying to guess just how many times Waldo wandered off... any hints? Oh, and I'm holding you personally responsible for the nightmares I'm going to have tonight about airline check-in! :scared1:

Keep it coming! :surfweb:
-Michelle

OMG, I go to bed, and then I'm up to find that you've started already AND on page two ?!? That's what a get for sleeping......SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!

:rotfl2: That should be my sub-title: SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! :lmao: You'll see why soon, Donna!

And, finally, please do NOT let Waldo wander ANYWHERE, especially the airport. He might wander into the mens bathroom and be accosted by a US senator.
Bwahahahaha!!!! No kidding, eh? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How can you START your trippie with a freak-out??? This is gonna be good!!!!
It's the first of many freak-outs, GLuv! :headache:
Subscribing and can't wait for more
Hi and :welcome:
My goodness, I was the nice wife and paid attention to D. last night instead of DISing, then had friends pop in and stay for a LONG time this afternoon, only to get here and be on page 3??? Sorry, T - but now I'm here!
Hi, CE! Was wondering if you got lost on the way. :teeth: Thanks for joining in!
Hmmm...I think she violated me once in Epcot...
:ssst: No giving away any secrets, now. ;)

Ahhhh...Waldo...LOVE HIM...
I love that you gave him a big hug and called him Waldo! :lmao:

Ummmm...HOW did you talk him into this trip??? Ya...crowds and heat...come with us in August... Did HE feel violated???
I didn't talk him into to nuthin'! He talked me into August. I wanted Sept, while still hot, not crowded! :confused3 He was the worse violator of that is Disney... stay tuned.

Wait! Wait!! We gotta get Tony in on that action...Ummm...not quite yet though...he broke the bank of Disney-priced golf balls...
6-0, LL. 6-0! :lmao:

I've seen people yanking out their tighty-whity's in the middle of the check-in area as their bags are over weight.
:scared:
Thank you very much! If it wasn't for me, folks...she wouldn't have that Caboodle to begin with!!
True that. True that. ::yes::

She goes running for the shelter
Of her mother's little helper...
One of my all time favorite songs...don't ask me why though...
No comment. ;)

Yeap, were doing another all dayer on Thursday Oct. 25. When are you guys goin?
DH couldn't get any time off during the week, so we're going on the 12th as the 26th was sold out! :headache:
i'm in!
Hope your trip was great!
:wave: :welcome:
Hi and thanks for subbing! :welcome:
( i think we were on the letter X)
:eek: Hold on! It's coming up......
Maybe Waldo wondered off again and that's why she isn't here updating her trippie?
Just for you Mo, another installment. Today-ish. :teeth:
Hi Tracy! Welcome home! I can't believe your TR is on page 3 already! I feel so late! :headache: I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip, and I've been trying to guess just how many times Waldo wandered off... any hints? Oh, and I'm holding you personally responsible for the nightmares I'm going to have tonight about airline check-in! :scared1:
-Michelle

Hi Michelle! Thanks for coming over. :goodvibes

We woke the kids with little resistance and got them all purtied up. I gave them some milk and a snack bag of cereal to munch on until we had breakfast at the airport. My brother showed up and we piled the remaining luggage into his FIL’s truck and we were on our way. Or were we?:rolleyes1

Nope, it was time for the driveway shuffle. Sing this to the tune of the Hokey Pokey::dance3:

You pull your empty van in,
You pull your full van out,
Waldo realized he left his glasses on out.
You do the van shuffle
And you choke your dear ol’ dad.
That’s what it’s all about.

Yeah, we played this game 3 times before we actually got out of our neighborhood. The 2nd time was when Waldo realized his car was going to be left in the driveway for 10 days. You’d think he drove a Bentley or we lived in the hood or something. The 3rd time TE left her commuter mug on the counter and needed her coffee for the 30 minute jaunt to the airport. Whatevah! I looked down the street and notice my brother had already taken off. I guess he didn’t want to play Driveway shuffle. Oh well.

:drive: We made it to the airport rather quickly and Waldo and Rick took the van to be parked whilst I got all the bags checked and tagged and off to TSA. I knew I still had to print Andy’s ticket and headed to the self-serve kiosk. I still couldn’t print his ticket out. I got the customer service lady over and she took the piece of paper that spit out of the machine to an agent and said to use a credit card with Andy’s name on it. Um, ok. :scratchin: I couldn’t figure out why, but when I tried to input the info in the system, it just spit out his ticket. Whew! The problem number 3, or is it 4?, solved with minimal pain and tears.

We regrouped with Rick and Waldo and jumped in the security lines. They weren’t short, but we had plenty of time before our flight so I wasn’t nervous. Andy and I took our little ones through and Evan kept on setting off the alarm. He went through about 6 times and then ran back to me. The security guy let me know that Evan would need to be wanded. What? A 3 year old needed to be second searched? Well, he ran through again and didn’t beep. So he was gold, baby. :thumbsup2 We sat and put our shoes back on and headed for our terminal.

We copped a squat and took breakfast orders. I hit Starbucks whilst the others hit Burger King. I may have mentioned before my feelings on Burger King and their questionable egg product. I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all and neither does my tummy and the last thing I needed was to have trouble on the plane, if you KWIM.:scared:

So, I’m in line at Starbucks and there’s this man behind me with his daughter yapping about how terrible 1st class is blah, blah, blah. :hyper2: Well, I get closer to the cooler area and bend down to get a look at the sammies they’ve got displayed. Well, this jerk swooped past me and jumped line. Way to teach your kid manners, dude. I gave him the stink eye the whole time and stood as close to him as possible without getting a restaining order. I was a little miffed at him, to say the least. Whatever, dude. I’m going to Disney World and you’re going to Dallas – neener neener neenerrrr!
I get my order and start to make my way back and then I hear “Tracy?” I turn around and have my first DIS sighting. :magnify: It’s Lisa aka CastilloMom! We hug and she introduces me to her sons. I’ve known for sometime that Lisa was going to be on my flight since we crossed paths on the TGM boards and then again on the DIS. You see, when I booked our flight and went to chose our seats, the coveted row 13 was already taken. I was not happy about that and wondered who would book their flight 10 months in advance? Well you guessed it! Another TGMer/DISer! Lisa scored the 13th row and would be sitting right in front of me and my family.

Tripreport1009.jpg

We finished breakfast and let the kids burn off their pent up energy and just relaxed. We made it this far, the rest should be cake, right?

Tripreport1006.jpg

Tripreport1008.jpg

I sat on the floor and started my notes for my TR when all of a sudden my phone rang. It was a message from American Airlines saying our flight was delayed from 8:05 to 8:45. What? Oh man! :headache: This means we’ll arrive at around 4:45 Orlando time. I have 6:20 ADR at Boatwright’s that I may have to forfeit. I know Epcot has PM EMH, so we may have to mosey over there for some decent CS or possibly hit DTD for grub. I yell over to Lisa and let her know about the delay. She has a 7:20 ADR at O’hana and she’s a bit worried about being late. A few minutes later, I get another message from AA saying the flight is pushed to 9:00. Well, that’s just freakin’ great.

I had given Evan the night-night juice right after breakfast, and it’s starting to take affect. This isn’t good. If he falls asleep before we board, he’ll surely wake up when I put him down and 3 year old awake for 5 hours in a confined space is just a recipe for trouble.:sad2:

We’re finally called to board our flight around 8:50ish. I carry the sleeping child on board and get lots of ooohs and aaahs from the airline staff. :cloud9: They’re happy he’s asleep, I’m sure. Heck, we’re all happy he’s asleep.

But, does he stay asleep? :tiptoe: Will the flight end up being a nightmare? Does our crappy morning continue? :rolleyes2:

Update below post #56 & #57

You know, I like nice short updates! :thumbsup2 Well, I guess you didn't have too much trouble then with Andy anyway. Cripes! You had me all worried he was going to get the full body search or sum'thin.

Did I mention that I don't give my kids nighty-nite juice? Mine are angels on the plane....:angel: :angel: :angel: Uhm...well, they're fine really.

Oh...and nice way to show off them new highlighted extensions!
Tripreport1008.jpg

And, I tracked your flight all across the country and it looked like a fine flight to me! :lmao:

So sorry to hear about the delayed flight. That BITES! Especially when you have dinner plans.:sad2:
I hope that your flight went well.
I can't wait to hear what happens next!popcorn::

I'm in, too!

Hopefully your pre-flight part of the trip was the most stressful part!

I now have the Hokey Pokey in my head. Thaaaaanks. ;)

-Michelle

Excuse me while I interrupt, but I think we are in the World at the same time Michelle, I am there the first weekend in October. Boysmom5150 is coming in that weekend too I think.

T-

What exactly is the night night juice? I have tried a certain sumpin sumpin on our last trip but it was a failure.

So what was the delay from? Did you demand a voucher? Did you cause a stink?

Oh goodness, so many bumps and it has just begun.:confused3

Glad to see you got Andy's ticket and and so far no Waldo wandering, that makes for a pretty good morning, No?

Hopefully no more delays and you get to Mouseland with no further drama:thumbsup2

Looking forward to more...

Nope, it was time for the driveway shuffle. Sing this to the tune of the Hokey Pokey::dance3:
Sounds a fun game ;) :rotfl2:

use a credit card with Andy’s name on it. Um, ok. :scratchin: I couldn’t figure out why, but when I tried to input the info in the system, it just spit out his ticket. Whew!
Why in the world would that make a difference? :confused:

Evan would need to be wanded. What? A 3 year old needed to be second searched? Well, he ran through again and didn’t beep. So he was gold, baby. :thumbsup2
Phew thank goodness he got through :thumbsup2

Well, this jerk swooped past me and jumped line.
WHAT!!!!!!

I hear “Tracy?” I turn around and have my first DIS sighting. :magnify:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We made it this far, the rest should be cake, right?
Uh oh

Do you guys not like sitting on chairs? :rotfl:

A few minutes later, I get another message from AA saying the flight is pushed to 9:00.
So they text you the delays when you're at the airport, I know you were delayed but that's pretty good service!!!

But, does he stay asleep? :tiptoe: Will the flight end up being a nightmare? Does our crappy morning continue? :rolleyes2:
popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

We woke the kids with little resistance and got them all purtied up. I gave them some milk and a snack bag of cereal to munch on until we had breakfast at the airport. My brother showed up and we piled the remaining luggage into his FIL’s truck and we were on our way. Or were we?:rolleyes1

You do the van shuffle

Yeah, we played this game 3 times before we actually got out of our neighborhood. The 2nd time was when Waldo realized his car was going to be left in the driveway for 10 days. You’d think he drove a Bentley or we lived in the hood or something. The 3rd time TE left her commuter mug on the counter and needed her coffee for the 30 minute jaunt to the airport. Whatevah! I looked down the street and notice my brother had already taken off. I guess he didn’t want to play Driveway shuffle. Oh well.:

:rotfl2: Usually this is me:rolleyes1

:[/QUOTE]:drive: We made it to the airport rather quickly and Waldo and Rick took the van to be parked whilst I got all the bags checked and tagged and off to TSA. I knew I still had to print Andy’s ticket and headed to the self-serve kiosk. I still couldn’t print his ticket out. I got the customer service lady over and she took the piece of paper that spit out of the machine to an agent and said to use a credit card with Andy’s name on it. Um, ok. :scratchin: I couldn’t figure out why, but when I tried to input the info in the system, it just spit out his ticket. Whew! The problem number 3, or is it 4?, solved with minimal pain and tears.:[/QUOTE]

:cheer2:

:[/QUOTE]We regrouped with Rick and Waldo and jumped in the security lines. They weren’t short, but we had plenty of time before our flight so I wasn’t nervous. Andy and I took our little ones through and Evan kept on setting off the alarm. He went through about 6 times and then ran back to me. The security guy let me know that Evan would need to be wanded. What? A 3 year old needed to be second searched? Well, he ran through again and didn’t beep. So he was gold, baby. :thumbsup2 We sat and put our shoes back on and headed for our terminal. :[/QUOTE]

Wand a 3 year old. Are they out of their minds!?:confused:

:[/QUOTE]We copped a squat and took breakfast orders. I hit Starbucks whilst the others hit Burger King. I may have mentioned before my feelings on Burger King and their questionable egg product. I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all and neither does my tummy and the last thing I needed was to have trouble on the plane, if you KWIM.:scared: :[/QUOTE]

:scared1:

:[/QUOTE]So, I’m in line at Starbucks and there’s this man behind me with his daughter yapping about how terrible 1st class is blah, blah, blah. :hyper2: Well, I get closer to the cooler area and bend down to get a look at the sammies they’ve got displayed. Well, this jerk swooped past me and jumped line. Way to teach your kid manners, dude. I gave him the stink eye the whole time and stood as close to him as possible without getting a restaining order. I was a little miffed at him, to say the least. Whatever, dude. I’m going to Disney World and you’re going to Dallas – neener neener neenerrrr!
I get my order and start to make my way back and then I hear “Tracy?” I turn around and have my first DIS sighting. :magnify: It’s Lisa aka CastilloMom! We hug and she introduces me to her sons. I’ve known for sometime that Lisa was going to be on my flight since we crossed paths on the TGM boards and then again on the DIS. You see, when I booked our flight and went to chose our seats, the coveted row 13 was already taken. I was not happy about that and wondered who would book their flight 10 months in advance? Well you guessed it! Another TGMer/DISer! Lisa scored the 13th row and would be sitting right in front of me and my family.:[/QUOTE]

:mad: for ignorant people. :cheer2: For your first Dis sighting.

:[/QUOTE]I sat on the floor and started my notes for my TR when all of a sudden my phone rang. It was a message from American Airlines saying our flight was delayed from 8:05 to 8:45. What? Oh man! :headache: This means we’ll arrive at around 4:45 Orlando time. I have 6:20 ADR at Boatwright’s that I may have to forfeit. I know Epcot has PM EMH, so we may have to mosey over there for some decent CS or possibly hit DTD for grub. I yell over to Lisa and let her know about the delay. She has a 7:20 ADR at O’hana and she’s a bit worried about being late. A few minutes later, I get another message from AA saying the flight is pushed to 9:00. Well, that’s just freakin’ great. :[/QUOTE]

Foreshadowing, uh oh! Hope you make your ADR

:[/QUOTE]We’re finally called to board our flight around 8:50ish. I carry the sleeping child on board and get lots of ooohs and aaahs from the airline staff. :cloud9: They’re happy he’s asleep, I’m sure. Heck, we’re all happy he’s asleep.

[/QUOTE]

:woohoo: Jimmy didn't sleep at all on wither flight. Going down wasn't to bad, he watched videos and was fine. Coming home he was a little more wired (go figure!)

We wait to hear our group #, which happened to be Group 6. As soon as they called for group #1, Waldo started to head toward our gate. Why? :confused3 We couldn’t figure out why he wanted to stand and hover over by the gate. They’re not going to let him on any sooner than the rest of us and now he’s causing a bottleneck for the other groups who are boarding. No worries, everyone had their boarding passes and could get on the plane whenever they wanted to. We pretty much waited for Group 6 to be called and then boarded the plane. Without Waldo. Why? Because I told everyone first thing in the morning this: I wait for no one. Period. No and, ifs, or buts. I wait for no one. Everyone was given an itinerary and knew where we would be and at what time we would be there. Can’t keep up or chose to deviate from the plan, read your itinerary and you’ll find us. Now everyone say “Ay, Ay El Capitan!”
They called our group and we boarded the plane, quickly and quietly as not to wake the Krakon (Name the movie...anyone?) aka Evan. We got his blanket ready and ever so gently placed him on his seat. As soon as his little body touched the chair, his eyes popped open and it was all over! :eek: He was awake. For the entire 5 hour flight. Oh jeez! We had 3 backpacks of provisions and I prayed he was good. After all, we had a DISer sitting right in front of us and I’m sure naughty behaviour would be reported to you all. :teeth:
The flight was uneventful and Evan and Maddie were pretty good. Except for the game they liked to play: Dog pile Mommy!

Tripreport1010.jpg

We arrive at MCO around 4:45 pm and I make an executive decision to split up. Rick and I would head over to ME and get us all checked in whilst Andy and the others waited for the strollers to be taken off the plane, since we had gate checked them. Michael decides he wants to go with us, but first we have to stop at the bathroom so they can change into shorts. :mad: Grrrrrr!!! By the time Michael changes and Rick figures out he forgot to put shorts in his backpack, the others have caught up to us. So much for my executive decision. We all head over to Side A to catch the ME, except there’s a problem. D’OH! :headache: ME is now on the B side! We get back to the elevators and when the doors open, there’s only room for one person. Can you guess who jumps in? ::yes:: Waldo. The one person who has no clue where he’s going decides to sail solo. We jump in the next elevator back to the 2nd or 3rd floor to cross over to the “B” side. No sign of Waldo anywhere. Oh well. He has his ME ticket and he’ll have to find his way to POFQ, I guess. We get to where we need to be and there’s no one there. We check in and are guided to our queue for our resort. Waldo finally shows up after wandering the mall area for a bit. We are quickly wisked off to our bus by our friendly bus driver, German, to sit. For 25 mins. It’s been 45 minutes since we’ve landed and now we’re sitting. And sitting. And waiting. And sitting. I start to feel like LL’s Tony. :furious: My neck starts craning and I can feel my arms start to flail about. Look German, we’ve got an ADR for 6:20. I know it takes roughly 30 minutes to even get there, so time is of the essence here, German. We continue to sit and wait. :bored: And wait and sit. Some more people jump on the bus and then another group. I notice Lisa and her group get on their Poly bus and they’re off to happy Deluxeville in 2 shakes of a rats tail. :teeth: Us Moderate folks will probably be asked to push the stinkin’ bus. Finally German plops his fanny in the drivers seat and we’re off. At what time you ask? 5:55. :faint: Rick tells me not to worry about our ADR, which annoys me further as he has no idea how coveted ADR’s are and surely he’d be one of those non-ADR makers who complain about not being able to get into a restaurant. I call WDW Dining and see if we can get a later ressie. The earliest would be in the late 9 o’clock hour, but he did offer to note the ressie that we were running late. Ok that’s fine, thank you, I said. Looks like it’s counter service city for us tonight. Thankfully I didn’t book us for LeCellier on our first night, eh? :sad2:

I sit and practice my anti-stress breathing exercises and what do I see? Ahhhhh… yes, the gates to the Mother Land. It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow….. I’m in my happy place, once again.

disneygates.jpg

We make a stop at Saratoga Springs and drop everyone off. Everyone except us. Yup, we’re the only winners going to POFQ. We’re on the road again and in a short time we are making our grand entrance to this, our home for the 10 days.

Tripreport1058.jpg

We jump off the bus and race each other to check-in. I use my stroller as a weapon and take out Max. Poof, he’s on the floor, but do you think his father waited for him or even helped him up? Nope… it’s a race and 2nd place is the 1st loser, baby. We open the lobby doors and notice no one is in line at check-in. Being the good DISer that I am, I zigzag my stroller through the queue, but Rick being the cheater that he is, walks up to the 1st empty window and plops his AAA notebook down and ID down! D’OH! Sucka!

My first impression of the hotel was….. eh. It was ok. My heart didn’t pitter patter. I kinda looked around hoping it would click, hoping my heart would soar. Yup. I got nothing for ya. I was not liking anything about it. Well, not completely true. It did remind me of New Orleans Square at Disneyland and I liked that. Oh and they have some kickin’ irons. Man, those things could steam a wrinkle out in seconds, baby.

Tripreport1003.jpg

Our row of rooms:
Tripreport1004.jpg

We got checked in and we were given the whole dining spiel, etc. I grabbed our keys as I was excited to see where our room was. I had paid the upgrade for a River View room and had requested Building 5. We got building 6. We got the last row of building 6. And a lovely view of the river. If they cut down the tree that blocked the view from my room, that is. We walked into our room and found this little guy waiting for us.

Tripreport1034.jpg

Here’s a photo of our room before it got riddle in kiddie crap.
Tripreport1020.jpg

I looked around and first thing I did was pull out the Clorox wipes and wiped all the hard surfaces. I think they owe me for that. By the look of the wipes that I used, I wonder when’s the last time they cleaned the phone or TV remote. I’m sorry, I know some of your are POFQ fans, but I am not. This room was sucky. It was seriously along the lines of a Motel 6. Maybe just a touch above. There was no couch, no chaise lounge, no desk, no flat panel TV. Face it baby, this was not the Poly and I couldn’t get it out of my head. I sat and sulked, like a 5 year old. Andy looked at me and said, “Snap out of it. This is what you wanted. 10 days in a moderate. You had a choice fewer days in a Deluxe or this. Get over it, it’s done.” I thought about it and tried to snap out of it. Or was it over? :scratchin: Could I upgrade us? And at what cost? Remember this for later.

Continued in next post.....

I noticed our Garden Grocer order was not in our room, so I called down to Bell Services. They had it and would bring it, pronto. At this point, it was nearing 7pm. We were already 40 mins late for our ADR, so we waited for our stuff. I had sent an email from home a few days ago for some additional items and noticed they weren’t included in our order. Hmmmm, I’ll have to call on that later, right now I need to get to Boatwright’s for some grub. It’s been 10 hours since we had food and the grouch in me was coming out.

We gathered the troops and headed to the boat dock. Well color me happy, there was a boat waiting for us! On the way over, I called Lauralee to let her know I was here. She was getting her booty on over at the P&PP at MK. I told her about my crappy wait at ME and that I’d stalk... errrr... see her tomorrow and we said goodbye. We docked and headed over to Boatwright’s. I pulled a move and high tailed it past the herd of buffalo who slowly meandered off the boat and went to check us in. But they couldn’t find us. I told them I had called Dining and they were to note the ressie that we were running late. They still couldn’t find the reservation, so they told me not to worry, they’d get us in as soon as possible. Would 20 minutes be ok? Heck yeah! What’s 20 minutes when you’ve been waitin’ 10 hours?

We took a seat in the waiting area and watched a mother wail on her kid. Apparently this kid hocked a loogey on some people and the people told the mother. I would say this kid was about 8 or 9 and knew better, I’m sure. The mother was wailing on this kid making a HUGE scene in the middle of the Mill area. He kept saying those people were liars and she kept shaking him about. Me and my family just sat there in shock at the whole scene. I can’t imagine what goes on in the privacy of their home with public behavior like this. Let me just say we saw a lot of this type of public spectacle. :sad2:

No sooner that we could say chewin’ tabacker, our little buzzer went off and we were seated for our dinner. We were all so famished and had already perused the menu, we ordered our drinks, appetizer, entrée, and dessert all the same time. I thought of S’late as I ordered the sweet tea. ;) I also ordered the Spinach Salad, Filet Mignon and the apple pie. Our server was super nice and kept the sweet tea comin’. :drinking: I’d never had sweet tea before and reckon I’ll never find it California, but I’m already jonesin’ for some. She brought out some wonderful corn bread. It was warm and soft and had little pieces of corn in it. We all had to laugh when Waldo said it was New England style corn bread!:lmao:

Our food arrived and we all dug in. TE & Michael ordered the Prime Rib, Andy, Waldo had the Filet, Max had the Pork Chop, Rick & Debbie had the maple crusted chicken. All the food was wonderful, except the crust on the chicken. It was down right nasty and completely inedible. :scared: Rick & Debbie had to eat around it, as it had the worse taste ever! Blah! Poor Maddie was cold and shivering. I just so happened to bring Evan’s blanket, so I wrapped her shoulders, but noticed she was a bit pale. She probably just needed to eat. When she finished, she was now turning a lovely shade of green. :sick: Uh no! I had already finished my meal, except for dessert and told Andy and the others that I should get Maddie out of the restaurant as I thought she was going to get sick soon. I gathered the 2 kids up and then TE offered to go with me. I asked Andy to please have our desserts boxed to go and I would meet them at the room. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. We headed to the walking path that connected the 2 resorts. Hmmf… resort they call it? I think not. They sure use that term rather loosely around here. Ok, sorry… let me get off my soapbox. Ok… so where was I? Oh yes, the path. We started on the path and Maddie said she was feeling much better. Her color had returned and she even seemed perfectly fine. I think maybe her blood sugar had dropped so low that it needed time to stabilize after her meal. I asked if she felt okay to hit the Food Court for our refillable mugs and of course she said yes. We cruised over to get the mugs, then checked out the gift shop. Big mistake. :hyper: They wanted everything in there. They both knew they had gift cards that needed spending and they weren’t happy when I said they could not use them tonight. We started to head back to our room, when my phone rang. Andy was calling to say that they were on the boat and heading back. :boat: I asked about our desserts and he told me they had forgotten them at the restaurant. No worries, I told him, forget about it. When I hung up, I told TE what had happened and she was mad at Waldo and wanted me to call Andy and tell Waldo to go back and get hers. :mad: I did just that and Waldo said no way, he’s not going back. :sad2: Uh oh… another battle has begun!

I got to my room and got the kids in the tub and jammied all ready for bed. Andy showed up and said Boatwright’s had called and said they had the desserts and were having them sent over and the FQ concierge would bring them up. How nice, eh? I guess that extra tip they gave our server paid off.::yes::

It was nearing 11pm and we had been awake for roughly 17 hours. I took a shower and jumped in bed. We needed to go to sleep as I wanted to get to rope drop at Epcot tomorrow. I was tired, but couldn’t sleep. :confused: I watched the clock until almost 1am…………

Up Next: Our First Day in the World! :woohoo:

Next update: page 10 post #148. Click here.

WooHoo! I'm posting first. I'm loving this report. Keep up the great work. :thumbsup2

Hey you only lost Walso twice. Pretty good. So glad that Maddie didn't get sick! :rotfl2: at TE wanting Waldo to go back for the dessert. Very cool that they sent the desserts over for you. We were thinking a shorter stay at POFQ for next year, but we decided we wanted a longer stay so it is value for us. After your description I am kind of glad.

More please

:rotfl2: That should be my sub-title: SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! :lmao: You'll see why soon, Donna!

lol.....I am hopin' the TAG FAIRY bequeaths that one to ME !! :wizard:

You do the van shuffle

Yeah, we played this game 3 times before we actually got out of our neighborhood. The 2nd time was when Waldo realized his car was going to be left in the driveway for 10 days. You’d think he drove a Bentley or we lived in the hood or something. The 3rd time TE left her commuter mug on the counter and needed her coffee for the 30 minute jaunt to the airport. Whatevah! I looked down the street and notice my brother had already taken off. I guess he didn’t want to play Driveway shuffle. Oh well.

WOW, we're gonna have to try that one in December......sounds like FUN <NOT> :headache:

I got the customer service lady over and she took the piece of paper that spit out of the machine to an agent and said to use a credit card with Andy’s name on it. Um, ok. :scratchin: I couldn’t figure out why, but when I tried to input the info in the system, it just spit out his ticket. Whew! The problem number 3, or is it 4?, solved with minimal pain and tears.

Computers can be SUCH a pain, can't they??? :3dglasses

Andy and I took our little ones through and Evan kept on setting off the alarm. He went through about 6 times and then ran back to me. The security guy let me know that Evan would need to be wanded. What? A 3 year old needed to be second searched?

Yep, I guess you gotta worry about the "toddler taliband".....(watch, I'll be permanently on the WAND checklist for THAT one....:laughing: )

I may have mentioned before my feelings on Burger King and their questionable egg product. I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all and neither does my tummy and the last thing I needed was to have trouble on the plane, if you KWIM.:scared:

TMI.....TMI......(but I DO know what you mean :sick: )

Well, this jerk swooped past me and jumped line. Way to teach your kid manners, dude. I gave him the stink eye the whole time and stood as close to him as possible without getting a restaining order. I was a little miffed at him, to say the least. Whatever, dude. I’m going to Disney World and you’re going to Dallas – neener neener neenerrrr!

Nicely handled.......:thumbsup2

all of a sudden my phone rang. It was a message from American Airlines saying our flight was delayed from 8:05 to 8:45. What? Oh man! :headache: This means we’ll arrive at around 4:45 Orlando time. I have 6:20 ADR at Boatwright’s that I may have to forfeit. I know Epcot has PM EMH, so we may have to mosey over there for some decent CS or possibly hit DTD for grub. I yell over to Lisa and let her know about the delay. She has a 7:20 ADR at O’hana and she’s a bit worried about being late. A few minutes later, I get another message from AA saying the flight is pushed to 9:00. Well, that’s just freakin’ great.

Don't these freakin' airlines KNOW we DIS'ers have a SCHEDULE to keep......THE NERVE !!!! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter