Waiting for Rest of Fall 2015 Room Only Discount

We are DVC so it has been a long time since I made a regular room reservation. We are considering going Thanksgiving weekend. It looks from this years and last years blackout dates any discount would start the Saturday after Thanksgiving. If I am checking in on Friday can I just pay the regular rate for that date and then the discounted rate for the other dates all on one reservation?

No.. You would need to two reservations- one for the first night and then another one for the rest of the stay. you would need to check out of your room and check back in again (meaning pack up your stuff and move to a new room). At least, that is what my parent's were told a few years ago when they wanted to do the same thing.

No.. You would need to two reservations- one for the first night and then another one for the rest of the stay. you would need to check out of your room and check back in again (meaning pack up your stuff and move to a new room). At least, that is what my parent's were told a few years ago when they wanted to do the same thing.

I booked one night at All Star Sports for this past May, then later booked two more nights on a separate reservation. (I booked on Orbitz so couldn't add days to the first reservation.) I did have to stop at the front desk to check-out/check-in - but I stayed in the same room.

Thanks. We wouldn't want to change rooms for a such a short trip.

I would definitely have them add a note to both reservations, and then mention it to the front desk when you check in. They will most likely try to give you the same room, but it isn't a guarantee. Good luck!

Do new offers ever get uploaded over the weekend or it normally during the week?... Or is there no real rhyme or reason to when discounts are release? o_O I'm really hoping for something soon...!

I'm really hoping something comes out soon too. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll replace the FD one that ends today.

So, last time I booked a room I went through my travel agent, so when a RO discount came up, she fad it applied yo my reservation. This time I made my own reservation, so wondering
1. how hard it is to get through the phone lines
2. Is it better to go through MDE instead
3. What time do the phone lines usually open

I would appreciate any advice :)

So, last time I booked a room I went through my travel agent, so when a RO discount came up, she fad it applied yo my reservation. This time I made my own reservation, so wondering
1. how hard it is to get through the phone lines
2. Is it better to go through MDE instead
3. What time do the phone lines usually open

I would appreciate any advice :)

I haven't had any problems getting through when I called in the past to add the discount when it was offered. I have never done it through MDE, and am not sure whether you can apply an offer that way to an existing reservation. I believe you can start calling at 7am EST.

Do new offers ever get uploaded over the weekend or it normally during the week?... Or is there no real rhyme or reason to when discounts are release? o_O I'm really hoping for something soon...!

I think when I looked for historical times for later fall discounts, they tended to come out at the end of July or so...so I'm holding out for a little longer!

If you currently have a room reservation at the Wilderness, they just gave me 30% off because of the construction. They also offered to let me stay at any property and get 30% off their rate. We decided to stay because we are club level and they said no construction will be taking place on the main building. So if you talk nice to guest services, and you have a Wilderness reservation, then call guest services and see what they will do for you. We are staying Dec 2nd thru 8th. Hope his helps some!

If you currently have a room reservation at the Wilderness, they just gave me 30% off because of the construction. They also offered to let me stay at any property and get 30% off their rate. We decided to stay because we are club level and they said no construction will be taking place on the main building. So if you talk nice to guest services, and you have a Wilderness reservation, then call guest services and see what they will do for you. We are staying Dec 2nd thru 8th. Hope his helps some!
Just tried. No luck.

I called WDW today and asked if I had a PIN code. Unfortunately I did not, but the CM told me to watch for the fall room offers. I asked if she knew when they would be coming out, but she could not tell me exactly. But she said with the Free Dining ending, the fall room offers will be coming out VERY soon. So that seems like a very good sign. She stressed "VERY", so I would think that means it will be coming out hopefully within the next two weeks. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
I called WDW today and asked if I had a PIN code. Unfortunately I did not, but the CM told me to watch for the fall room offers. I asked if she knew when they would be coming out, she could not tell me exactly. But she said with the Free Dining ending, the fall room offers will be coming out VERY soon. So that seems like a very good sign. She stressed "VERY", so I would think that means it will be coming out hopefully within the next two weeks. *fingers crossed*
Great news!! Fingers crossed!

I have an existing reservation for a moderate hotel for Oct. When the RO discount comes out, I'm hoping to upgrade to a deluxe. Will the online res system allow me to have two reservations at once or will I have to cancel my existing moderate reservation before I can book the deluxe? Also, if I have to cancel the moderate first, will I lose my ADRs? Thanks!

I have an existing reservation for a moderate hotel for Oct. When the RO discount comes out, I'm hoping to upgrade to a deluxe. Will the online res system allow me to have two reservations at once or will I have to cancel my existing moderate reservation before I can book the deluxe? Also, if I have to cancel the moderate first, will I lose my ADRs? Thanks!

I think all you need to do is go to MDE and under reservations click change. From there you will be able to change hotels without canceling. I'm sure someone else will be able to verify. As far as ADR's you won't lose any as they aren't tied to your room reservation. Hope this helps!

Just had the opportunity come up to go to WDW this October. We are going with the family in September, October would be by myself or just DH and I. Now I'm debating about booking now at the current rates, waiting for a possible fall RO discount, or toying with the idea of a BB offer when we are there in late September. Any chance we could even get a room if we wait on the BB offer? We are considering Deluxe (BCV, WL, or Poly). I kinda want to book now and just hope for a discount to be released. Would they possibly let us apply the BB offer to an existing reservation?

Ok called back today and was transferred to a customer service rep. She told me they were not offering that deal at all but would honor it for me this one time. I'm thrilled to be getting CL at the WL for 30% off! Now I won't have to watch for the upcoming deals. Thank
You so much for posting this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter