Waiting for Rest of Fall 2015 Room Only Discount

Anyone having any luck getting the fall room only discount for POR? I'm going mid October and keep calling with zero luck... Frustrating!
Nothing!!!! Going mid november to POR!! Feeling same as you! Checked day discounts came out and everyday since.

Nothing!!!! Going mid november to POR!! Feeling same as you! Checked day discounts came out and everyday since.

Just wondering whether you called into reservations or checked online? I only ask because although there may not have been anything listed online, the CM may have been able to apply the discount to your room. This happened to my friend. She checked online the morning the discount came out and nothing. I told her to call anyway, and she called after 1pm and she got the discount applied. Good luck and hope a discount does open up for you!

Just wondering whether you called into reservations or checked online? I only ask because although there may not have been anything listed online, the CM may have been able to apply the discount to your room. This happened to my friend. She checked online the morning the discount came out and nothing. I told her to call anyway, and she called after 1pm and she got the discount applied. Good luck and hope a discount does open up for you!
Thanks but tried that to!! Disney must be very tight on discounts this fall!!

Keep checking!

We're going over Thanksgiving, using the military discount, and I called the day they announced they were extending it though Dec. I thought a holiday week might be pretty limited on rooms. I asked for moderates and was offered POFQ-river view, POR- royal rooms, COR-preferred or CB- pirates......AKA the more expensive rooms. And considering there is no discount at all for 3 of the nights, I booked POP.

Now POR is our favorite place to stay and this is a 16th birthday trip for my twins. My mom is also joining us, so we need a little more space. So I called yesterday and checked to see if there were any POR rooms available for our stay, and GV was available this time. So I upgraded. I'm not going to tell them. They think we are staying at POP, which we liked just fine last summer. I'll let them just think I've gotten in the wrong line at ME. :)

Also consider looking at orbitz or travelocity. Both currently have 15% codes that can be stacked on top of the current disney discounts. Last summer I saved around $200 booking through cheap tickets vs. the military rate at POP. Drawback was payment at one time and you can't change anything, unless you cancel in full and rebook. But the savings was worth it.

regards

Yeah, I have been trying everyday online and calling constantly with no luck. I keep thinKing one of these times, I'll be lucky but I'm losing hope! They must not have released many for POR at all!

Okay, good to know! I did call about 30 minutes ago and they had nothing for my dates but I will definitely keep trying and hopefully some more will open up. Fingers crossed!!

Looks like 11/11 is your problem. Could you book one 11/11 at rack and the rest at the discount?
Thanks, just saw this. Ended up moving our reservation to 11/13-11/19 and got the discount. So it worked out in the end. That's why SW is always the airline to fly!! Easily moved our flights and actually saved a few bucks there too.

Well, that sux. Wondering if it would be better to rent DVC points for the Poly studios 11 months out or hope for a room only/free dining discount for last week of September first week of October.

Could anyone tell me if any standard wilderness rooms were included in the discount when it was released in July? I wasn't on top of watching this year's fall discounts.

Could anyone tell me if any standard wilderness rooms were included in the discount when it was released in July? I wasn't on top of watching this year's fall discounts.
yes it was. I was able to snag a standard at WL. At first there was only woods view but would check every once in a while and one finally one opened up.

yes it was. I was able to snag a standard at WL. At first there was only woods view but would check every once in a while and one finally one opened up.

Oh, thanks. It gives me hope for next year. Trying to price out my vacation now, and the choices are dismal and I was really surprised it was only up to 25%. I wonder why this years discounts were so skim.

The FL resident rates are out for late fall, I think through 12/11 or thereabouts. That said it seems availability is scarce. We have a fall discount rate at YC and were hoping FL resident would be better but it wasn't available for our dates 10/24-26. CRO said it was due to the hotel being almost full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter