Waiting for Rest of Fall 2015 Room Only Discount

I am fairly new to Disney, no idea what POP Warner is but thankfully I am only there for 2 days of it and not at one of the All Stars.

I am looking forward to my December 4-8, 2015 stay, and sure am hoping for a room only discount during this time. But somehow I always end up being able to go and booking when it will be POP Warner. That always has me concerned with the discounts being offered, and even more so that there is no free dining the first two weeks in December. I keep checking my email and snail mail for a PIN code for my visit. However, I did receive a code good for this summer, so I am wondering whether that greatly reduces my chance of receiving another one this year.

I'll be there the same dates. I love a RO since FD is blacked out. What resort ae you staying at?

I just got a pin code in the mail for a room discount for the fall. We're going in mid-Oct so I immediately called my TA and gave her the code. We had booked a std garden view room at the Poly and I was hoping I could get a room discount since our dates didn't get the free dining that was released. The offer was for up to 30% off at select resort rooms for stays between Aug 28 - Nov 24, and Nov 28 - Dec 23rd.
She called back 30 minutes later and said the only deluxe rooms available under my code were Yacht Club club-level something (would save $150,) Grand Floridian lagoon view (would save $400,) or Animal Kingdom Lodge (too far away.) I asked for, these resorts in order of preference: Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Contemporary. None of them were available! I'm really disappointed but we gave up our room at the Poly and switched to the GF. Saving $400 is better than nothing I guess. I'm wondering if the fall discount is going to have very limited availability like my pin code did. I know it depends upon dates, but it's so hard to believe that 4 deluxe resorts didn't have ANY rooms.

I just got a pin code in the mail for a room discount for the fall. We're going in mid-Oct so I immediately called my TA and gave her the code. We had booked a std garden view room at the Poly and I was hoping I could get a room discount since our dates didn't get the free dining that was released. The offer was for up to 30% off at select resort rooms for stays between Aug 28 - Nov 24, and Nov 28 - Dec 23rd.
She called back 30 minutes later and said the only deluxe rooms available under my code were Yacht Club club-level something (would save $150,) Grand Floridian lagoon view (would save $400,) or Animal Kingdom Lodge (too far away.) I asked for, these resorts in order of preference: Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Contemporary. None of them were available! I'm really disappointed but we gave up our room at the Poly and switched to the GF. Saving $400 is better than nothing I guess. I'm wondering if the fall discount is going to have very limited availability like my pin code did. I know it depends upon dates, but it's so hard to believe that 4 deluxe resorts didn't have ANY rooms.

I got a similar Pin a while back, pretty soon after it was released, and nothing much was available then either. Mostly club rooms. We ended up booking at AKL and I'm happy with that, but this is the first year in many that we are not at the Poly. Never in the past have my Pin codes been so useless!

I got an email with my first pin code the other day but it was for the Poly bungalows and only good through 10/3 like the current fall discount. :( We're going for the W&D half marathon 11/5-11/9, unfortunately.

What are your travel dates?

I'll be there the same dates. I love a RO since FD is blacked out. What resort ae you staying at?
We have a reservation for the Polynesian. My wife loves this resort...the location and the décor. We stayed once at the Polynesian and she has been waiting to go back. Where are you staying?

Last edited:

It would be so disappointing if they have similar black-outs/no availability for the Polynesian when the RO discount comes out for December. The sad thing is that I will pay the full price, but would rather not. What is helping me is that I asked a few family and friends if they wouldn't mind opening up the Disney CC to get the $200 gift card for me. Thanks to them it is somewhat more affordable.

I am fairly new to Disney, no idea what POP Warner is but thankfully I am only there for 2 days of it and not at one of the All Stars.

Pop Warner week is when Disney hosts Pop Warner football and cheer and dance championships at its ESPN complex. From what I see online, it will be from the Dec 5th through the 12th, 2015. I read that you don't want to stay in any of the hotels the kids stay at because of the noise and rowdiness. The parks do get crowded with those not competing, and after the competitions.

5th I am at MK and 6th I am at DHS before leaving. So pretty much fast passes and gone. So I'll be alright. I was just there when the parks were at 7's and 8's. I'll manage.

Might be worth it to upgrade to WL or the like on my final night.

We just got a PIN code that was addressed to my Mom who passed away almost 5 years ago. So, the really bizarre part is that this might help explain what you need to do to get a PIN code. You need to visit WDW almost every year, starting in 1971. You need to start buying annual passes in 1982, when they first start offering them. You need to buy one every year, until your 90th birthday, which will be your last trip. Then 7 or 8 years later, your executor will get a PIN code for you in the mail.

Now the question is, as executor can I use it myself? Sigh. I am pretty sure she would have wanted to go for her 100th birthday, too.

Last edited:
If this is the same as my PIN code offer, then this won't really help, but it might help others. Mid-October is the height of the Food and Wine Festival. There are F&W fans who hold reservations for every weekend of the Festival (mostly at Deluxe and DVC resorts) waiting to see what the special event schedule is. I believe that will be published this year sometime between July 10-13 (based on the fact that the Tables In Wonderland Preview is July 12th.) Per the DisneyFoodBlog, guests should be able to book those events on July 30th. So what will happen is that some of the reservations will be canceled once the schedule is announced, then there will be another round of cancelations once the hard-to-get events are sold out. That usually happens around noon the day bookings open.

So that's a really long-winded explanation of why rooms are often generally unavailable in Mid-October.

There is another reason you might have problems using the PIN code. Disney allocates a certain number of rooms, by resort, for each PIN code or other special rate offer. Just because a resort is not available for your PIN Code, does not mean that there isn't rack rate availability. :-(

We are going to the Poly October 18-24 for my sons birthday. I have been checking everyday for a room discount. Our dates were no luck for the free dining :-(. I have my fingers crossed for all of us, that we get the discounts!

After many years I finally got a pin code (30% off select deluxe) in the mail which included our dates 11/28-12-3. When I called it was only the deluxe rooms, suites and Club level rooms at WL/Contemporary and the Poly. Those are the ones they have a hard time filling I guess. So I am waiting along with everyone else for the next set of RO discounts. Last year these dates were included in the RO discounts so I have my fingers crossed.

Hoping for FL resident and/or AP discounts to come out soon for 11/22-11/25. I want to stay deluxe for the first time (not including Swan/Dolphin and the one time my mom paid for WL many years ago), so I'm hoping for the 30%+ off.

Following to see what happens. We're booked for POR in Nov and any little bit helps!

We have a reservation for the Polynesian. My wife loves this resort...the location and the décor. We stayed once at the Polynesian and she has been waiting to go back. Where are you staying?
Right now I'm at POFQ I would like to upgrade to either Contemporary or Poly if a good discount becomes available. We're doing the Christmas party on the 6th so being on the monorail line would be awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter