Waiting for Rest of Fall 2015 Room Only Discount

If this is the same as my PIN code offer, then this won't really help, but it might help others. Mid-October is the height of the Food and Wine Festival. There are F&W fans who hold reservations for every weekend of the Festival (mostly at Deluxe and DVC resorts) waiting to see what the special event schedule is. I believe that will be published this year sometime between July 10-13 (based on the fact that the Tables In Wonderland Preview is July 12th.) Per the DisneyFoodBlog, guests should be able to book those events on July 30th. So what will happen is that some of the reservations will be canceled once the schedule is announced, then there will be another round of cancelations once the hard-to-get events are sold out. That usually happens around noon the day bookings open.

So that's a really long-winded explanation of why rooms are often generally unavailable in Mid-October.

There is another reason you might have problems using the PIN code. Disney allocates a certain number of rooms, by resort, for each PIN code or other special rate offer. Just because a resort is not available for your PIN Code, does not mean that there isn't rack rate availability. :-(

Yes, this is true as I learned last year when they released free dining for our Sept trip. We had to upgrade from a std to a garden view room at the Beach Club to get the free dining promo even though I saw std rooms at rack rate. :(

They did have std room at the Poly for our dates, just not under our pin. So, it would have cost me more paying rack rate for a std garden view room at the Poly than it would for a lagoon view room at the Grand Floridian! The Grand Floridian room was 30% off with my pin, which saved $1,400, and was $400 cheaper than the room at the Poly. So, I switched to the GF. We always wanted to stay at the Poly but the $400 paid for the Halloween party and an airport hotel room/parking package for the night before we leave. :)

I just got a pin code in the mail for a room discount for the fall. We're going in mid-Oct so I immediately called my TA and gave her the code. We had booked a std garden view room at the Poly and I was hoping I could get a room discount since our dates didn't get the free dining that was released. The offer was for up to 30% off at select resort rooms for stays between Aug 28 - Nov 24, and Nov 28 - Dec 23rd.
She called back 30 minutes later and said the only deluxe rooms available under my code were Yacht Club club-level something (would save $150,) Grand Floridian lagoon view (would save $400,) or Animal Kingdom Lodge (too far away.) I asked for, these resorts in order of preference: Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Contemporary. None of them were available! I'm really disappointed but we gave up our room at the Poly and switched to the GF. Saving $400 is better than nothing I guess. I'm wondering if the fall discount is going to have very limited availability like my pin code did. I know it depends upon dates, but it's so hard to believe that 4 deluxe resorts didn't have ANY rooms.
Ugh, SAME thing happened to me. Was SOOO excited when I got that pin code in the mail, only to find out there was no availability for our room type:(. Still holding out hope that a room only discount will be released!

So.. when RO discounts come out, will someone post a new thread or will someone post it in this one? Just wondering if I should keep subscribing to this thread.

Right now I'm at POFQ I would like to upgrade to either Contemporary or Poly if a good discount becomes available. We're doing the Christmas party on the 6th so being on the monorail line would be awesome.

I stayed at the CR-Garden Wing my last visit, and was thankful to have such a great discount. I personally think the Poly is the best location for the monorail, and much easier to access. I felt the CR station was just so much extra unnecessary walking. I would pick Poly over CR anytime. Hope for a great discount for all of us, and availability for you to upgrade. Hope you have a great trip!

Question. I am booked right now at PO Riverside. If I get a Ro discount what would be the savings to upgrade to a deluxe resort? Going off the % from last RO discount for this same time. Staying 2 days with dining and 2 adults, 2 teens and 1 9 yr old. No PH.

Last edited:
Question. I am booked right now at PO Riverside. If I get a Ro discount what would be the savings to upgrade to a deluxe resort? Going off the % from last RO discount for this same time. Staying 2 days with dining and 2 adults, 2 teens and 1 9 yr old. No PH.

That is hard to say. It really depends on what room category you presently have, and which deluxe resort and room category you are interested in. But looking at the prices for a standard room at PO-Riverside, it seems that even if a room-only discount comes out for the deluxe resorts (typically 20% to 30%), you would be paying much less for a room at PO-Riverside. (I don't go too often to WDW, so maybe others can way in and share their experiences.)

We are booked at POR in a standard room. I'm hoping for a discount that will let me bump up to Wilderness lodge. That's my dream, anyways.

We are booked at POR in a standard room. I'm hoping for a discount that will let me bump up to Wilderness lodge. That's my dream, anyways.

Just keep an eye on the construction updates for the Wilderness Lodge. Not sure what your dates are but it's rumored to begin in Sept, so not sure if that will affect your plans. :)

Hopefully this is an indication that a discount is soon- In MDE under reservations there is an option to change reservation. This is the first time I am seeing this. I could be wrong but wishful thinking anyway!

Hopefully this is an indication that a discount is soon- In MDE under reservations there is an option to change reservation. This is the first time I am seeing this. I could be wrong but wishful thinking anyway!

I never noticed the change reservation, but I just looked and I have it on mine as well. I hope you're right!

I do not have the option to modify my reservations on MDE. And I have 3 trips scheduled.

I don't have a modify tab either, but I do think we shouldn't be too far from a discount being offered. Fingers crossed.

Just keep an eye on the construction updates for the Wilderness Lodge. Not sure what your dates are but it's rumored to begin in Sept, so not sure if that will affect your plans. :)

I was considering the same idea (switching from POR to WL if the RO discount was significant enough) but what construction? Where can I find info and updates? There is nothing in the rehab section of the Dis. I looked in the resort forum and didn't see anything.

I believe the option to modify online has been out for awhile now (at least the past few months).

A few weeks ago there was an "edit" option and I switched my RR at POR room from a standard room to a river view. Is this what you are talking about?

I just tried to look up rooms at WL for my last trip and got this message:
Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.

Did they release a discount for Visa cardholders and the website is being flooded or is it just another typical Disney IT glitch? :P

I just tried to look up rooms at WL for my last trip and got this message:
Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.

Did they release a discount for Visa cardholders and the website is being flooded or is it just another typical Disney IT glitch? :P
I noticed this too and my fingers are crossed that this is a good sign! Probably just the typical Disney IT glitch but never know!!!

Last edited:
I read on another thread that the entire system is down...dining, everything. I've noticed this really only happens when they're dropping or loading new promotions, so that's a positive sign. Of course, with all of yesterday's IT shenanigans (stocks and planes), I'm not sure what to think right now :-)

There is currently a 35% discount on Poly villas & bungalows for Disney Visa, but I don't know if it's new or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter