Visiting family members at other Disney Hotels

Perhaps you could send them to one of the Disney water parks for a day? It would cost extra (unless you have the Water Parks and More add-on to your park passes) but it would be a much more fun diversion for the kids, and it would keep them occupied longer than simply playing in a resort pool, giving you more "me" time to shop, relax, or visit a park on your own. Currently, 1-day passes to either of the Disney water parks are $42.60 for adults, and $36.21 for kids. Not cheap, but if it's in the budget, it's a possible alternative.

I did consider this but admit my #1 reason for choosing BC was SAB. I absolutely loved the idea of a small waterpark right at my hotel for the kids. Hated the idea of traipsing around with gear and getting on a bus to go to a large waterpark. Consequently, we did not do the "waterparks and more" option. Again, we'll just advise the CM at check-in that the kids will be splitting their time between mom and dad and see what they say. It is a far more likely scenario that the kids would visit dad & gf at Pop rather than the other way around. And I think the kids would love the contrast of the over the top theming in comparison to BC.

My experience of SAB has been in Sept and both times they checked all our room keys.In fact they made me go back to my room and get my 4 yr olds and would not give us armbands till I did.They also checked bands and ejected several people that clearly did not belong( it was embarrassing to watch, since the Dad in the group got loud and nasty) Last year ,I asked about my Sil and her 2 kids coming over to swim since they were at SSR( free dining time) I was told NO by the lifeguard and pool cms, even though the front desk said ok.Ultimately ,It is up to the cms in the pool area .At busier times of year I wouldn't count on it but you can try. The phone CMS answer from a call center and really have no authority to grant permission weeks-months in advance .

My experience of SAB has been in Sept and both times they checked all our room keys.In fact they made me go back to my room and get my 4 yr olds and would not give us armbands till I did.They also checked bands and ejected several people that clearly did not belong( it was embarrassing to watch, since the Dad in the group got loud and nasty) Last year ,I asked about my Sil and her 2 kids coming over to swim since they were at SSR( free dining time) I was told NO by the lifeguard and pool cms, even though the front desk said ok.Ultimately ,It is up to the cms in the pool area .At busier times of year I wouldn't count on it but you can try. The phone CMS answer from a call center and really have no authority to grant permission weeks-months in advance .

Thanks. That's more specific and unfortunately, not the best news but I guess I'll just go with attitude expressed in your tag line: I'll "remain calm" and hope all turns out well. It always has at WDW in the past.

Thanks. That's more specific and unfortunately, not the best news but I guess I'll just go with attitude expressed in your tag line: I'll "remain calm" and hope all turns out well. It always has at WDW in the past.

Good luck:goodvibes

Hi just returned from a week at YC. Friends from Tampa (Family of four, sons age 13 and 10) came to visit and had a wonderful time. They were able to park no problem. They came in and changed in our room. We went to the pool where I showed my room key, said "they are with me and we all recieved our wrist bands. They loved the pool and stayed all day. No worries.

Hi just returned from a week at YC. Friends from Tampa (Family of four, sons age 13 and 10) came to visit and had a wonderful time. They were able to park no problem. They came in and changed in our room. We went to the pool where I showed my room key, said "they are with me and we all recieved our wrist bands. They loved the pool and stayed all day. No worries.

Glad to hear it worked out for you! :thumbsup2

Thanks. It was actually the perfect ending for the trip. It turned out to be the only really good pool day of the week.

Lucky you. They didn't let us.

It could be new policy because every time we went in all week they only asked for one card. Early in the week I assumed that it just wasn't crowded. (The weather was pretty crappy) But by Sunday it was very crowded, no chairs, even on the beach no tubes and 30 minute lines at Huricane Hannah's.

we have NEVER had a issue with guests comming to visit and swimming with us...we always ask before and they say go ahead have fun! I think people forget it is disneys rules and they can bend them if they want to...it is not our call.I stayed at AKL club level last Dec and my parents came to visit and the club cms told us feel free to have them join us in the lounge for a snack...it was very nice of them.I think if your upfront and honest there is no problem with these things....I just think it is funny how someone here will say "no they will NOT let you do that" when clearly that is not the case.

we have NEVER had a issue with guests comming to visit and swimming with us...we always ask before and they say go ahead have fun! I think people forget it is disneys rules and they can bend them if they want to...it is not our call.I stayed at AKL club level last Dec and my parents came to visit and the club cms told us feel free to have them join us in the lounge for a snack...it was very nice of them.I think if your upfront and honest there is no problem with these things....I just think it is funny how someone here will say "no they will NOT let you do that" when clearly that is not the case.

I agree. I've never met a CM who didn't try to accomodate.

Most likely because the weather has been so terrible, that the parks and the resorts are not at capacity. I'm glad it worked out for you, but I wouldn't recommend others counting on getting the same experience.

Remember that having pool guests is always up to the life-guards, and cannot be counted on.

Like I said before I have never had a issue with guests comming to swim with us,even in great weather.I have always asked the front desk mang. first and were told yes and never once was I told to ask the lifeguard...and the lifeguard has never asked (maybe SAB they would).
I would never tell someone 100% that wdw will or will not do something...none of us know for sure what they will do or allow,we can only verify OUR experience.We do not run disney and as much as we would like to think so do not make their rules (that are theirs to bend as they see fit).:)

Most likely because the weather has been so terrible, that the parks and the resorts are not at capacity. I'm glad it worked out for you, but I wouldn't recommend others counting on getting the same experience.

Remember that having pool guests is always up to the life-guards, and cannot be counted on.

I have ever seen a park as crowded as the studios were on Sunday. There was a 25 minute wait for Toy Story Mania Fastpass distribution. Yes you read that right. You had to wait 25 minutes just to get a fastpass for a time 5 hours later. We left the park at 12 when there were 75 minute waits for ToT and RnRC. when we got back to the hotel my wife grabbed the last chairs and we had to protect those with our lives.

IMHO the key to getting what you want at WDW is being nice to CM's and never assuming you are entitled to anything.

I have ever seen a park as crowded as the studios were on Sunday. There was a 25 minute wait for Toy Story Mania Fastpass distribution. Yes you read that right. You had to wait 25 minutes just to get a fastpass for a time 5 hours later. We left the park at 12 when there were 75 minute waits for ToT and RnRC. when we got back to the hotel my wife grabbed the last chairs and we had to protect those with our lives.

IMHO the key to getting what you want at WDW is being nice to CM's and never assuming you are entitled to anything.

:thumbsup2....that is right! They are always trying to show every family a good time and try to make it a nice trip...I agree just be honest and upfront and they do work with you.I think it is more that people do not want someone to get something they didnt get then the cms...example= we went to watch the fireworks at the poly one night (we were at AKL) we always do this because that is where my dh asked me to marry him:lovestruc and my dd2 wanted to sit at the edge of the pool and get her feet wet,well i asked the lifeguards at the pool and they say"oh sure go ahead,she will love it" (zero entry pool) we didnt get in and swim because we were there to watch the fireworks but I let her play at the edge.
They really try to work with you and unless its packed and the middle of the day she was not hurting anyone.It was nice of them.Do I feel bad about it? nope I asked they said yes...I dont need to ask anyone but them.I enjoy comming here and sharing vacation tips but I do not need to ask permission from anyone on a wdw travel forum what me or my family can do on vacation.I think we all agree disney has the one and only say in this matter and sometimes they bend the rules.I DO agree that you should always ask permission though.I TRY to always be honest...(i am not perfect so I say "try") :thumbsup2

Words to live by!
And it's not even about getting what you want - the key to having a great time at WDW or anywhere is to be nice and relax. :)
I'm glad you had a good vacation.
I was last there in March and the Studios were crowded - I didn't get to ride Toy Story Mania, but thank goodness I got to ride during the AP preview last year.

Lucky you. They didn't let us.

Us either!! I am so glad it worked for tgoralski....it is nice when things work out!!

Here's a funny story with us. We went to WDW several years ago when my dd was 3 as part of the Magic Music days. I was the instructor of a show choir, so my family was booked at the same off-site hotel at the students I was there with. Because I know Disney's policy of "no families" backstage, and their tendency to want you there a couple of hours before you perform (and attend workshops), I thought it would be a great idea to invite my parents to stay on our points at BCV, so they could hang with my dd while my dh and I were with the performers (he was the musical director of the group, so he was also required backstage).

Since the DVC contract was in my name, my mom asked me to meet them at BCV to check them in. They were in a studio (sleeps 4), so we decided that it might be nice if my dh could take our dd swimming in SAB a day or two while we were there (my parents were too nervous to watch her in that pool by themselves). Therefore, we decided to sign my dh and dd into the room as well.

When I went to check-in, the CM was a little confused as to why I was checking in my entire family except for me into the room. I explained the situation, and joked about how I had to be at a "not so great" off-site room while my parents enjoyed the luxurious BCV on my dime. She looked at me and said, "Well, you know that even though the rest of your family is able to swim here, you are not." I told her I understood, and that it was no problem. While we continued checking-in, she repeated that fact to me 5 more times (yes, I counted). By the end of the check-in process, I was totally laughing at this CM!! I finally told her, "Look, I am allergic to chlorine....I can't swim in your beautiful pool even when I actually DO stay here.....I PROMISE....I am NOT going swimming in your pool!!" I don't think she ever believed me. In her heart, I swear this woman thought we were squeezing 5 people in that studio.

Even now, my dh and joke about how they can go swimming in the pool, but I cannot. It just goes to show.....the rules are very dependent on who you get.

Us either!! I am so glad it worked for tgoralski....it is nice when things work out!!

Here's a funny story with us. We went to WDW several years ago when my dd was 3 as part of the Magic Music days. I was the instructor of a show choir, so my family was booked at the same off-site hotel at the students I was there with. Because I know Disney's policy of "no families" backstage, and their tendency to want you there a couple of hours before you perform (and attend workshops), I thought it would be a great idea to invite my parents to stay on our points at BCV, so they could hang with my dd while my dh and I were with the performers (he was the musical director of the group, so he was also required backstage).

Since the DVC contract was in my name, my mom asked me to meet them at BCV to check them in. They were in a studio (sleeps 4), so we decided that it might be nice if my dh could take our dd swimming in SAB a day or two while we were there (my parents were too nervous to watch her in that pool by themselves). Therefore, we decided to sign my dh and dd into the room as well.

When I went to check-in, the CM was a little confused as to why I was checking in my entire family except for me into the room. I explained the situation, and joked about how I had to be at a "not so great" off-site room while my parents enjoyed the luxurious BCV on my dime. She looked at me and said, "Well, you know that even though the rest of your family is able to swim here, you are not." I told her I understood, and that it was no problem. While we continued checking-in, she repeated that fact to me 5 more times (yes, I counted). By the end of the check-in process, I was totally laughing at this CM!! I finally told her, "Look, I am allergic to chlorine....I can't swim in your beautiful pool even when I actually DO stay here.....I PROMISE....I am NOT going swimming in your pool!!" I don't think she ever believed me. In her heart, I swear this woman thought we were squeezing 5 people in that studio.

Even now, my dh and joke about how they can go swimming in the pool, but I cannot. It just goes to show.....the rules are very dependent on who you get.
Oh my goodness! That's ridiculous! I wonder if that cast member has a dis account. :lmao:

I never throw a fit when traveling - I travel all the time for business and just smile and nod when I have no hot water, when the power is out, etc....
but I think I would've asked to speak with a manager on that one and just politely suggest that the cast member be a little less pushy!
I can't imagine paying for DVC and then being told I couldn't swim!
I'd love to "own a piece of the magic," but it's too rich for my blood - so I own next door at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. And they don't care if you use their lazy river or water play area or slide!
If only I could get the disney buses to pick me up there!
They already have stacy on the tvs.

You swam in that pool didn't you! I just know you did! ;););):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter