Visiting family members at other Disney Hotels

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by snowwhite28, May 14, 2009.

1. snowwhite28

snowwhite28 Earning My Ears

When we are down at Walt Disney World we will be staying at The Beach Club and friends of our will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Can they come over to our hotel to visit and can we go over to theirs? We all will have our cars with us since we are driving down so transportation will not be a issue. Thanks for any information you can give.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Anyone can visit any resort at any time. We always make a trip to other resorts during our stay. We walk around the grounds, soak up the atmosphere, have a meal, browse the shops, ask to see a room. The only thing that is officially not allowed is using the pools.

4. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Sure you can visit each others resorts. You just can't swim in each others pools.

5. tgoralski

tgoralski Earning My Ears

How do they know that my friends are not staying at the resort if I take them to the pool?

6. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

AT BC/YC you need to show your room key to get wristbands to swim in the pool.No wristband, no pool.

7. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

8. tgoralski

So can I go in, get my wrist band, and then give my room key to my friend so he can get a wrist band?

9. Bob P

Bob P DIS Veteran

This oughta be good.

10. tgoralski

Good News!!!! I don't have to be deceitful. I just called the Yacht Club. The CM who answered the phone told me that the procedure is to tell the front desk that I am expecting guests and they will be able to use the pool with us.

11. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I smell a troll

12. tgoralski

Fine. Call 407 934 7000. See if you get the same answer.

13. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I am not getting into a debate. The policy is what it is.Pools are for guests of that resort only. But I am sure you know that.The cms on the phone have no authority to grant that request in advance.You need to check with the lifeguards at the pool the day in question.Cms on the phone answer from a Call center, not the resort.EACH member of the party needs to present a Valid room key for a wristband at BC/YC SAB.

14. WTP

WTP Mouseketeer

It is no problem to visit. My IL's stayed at YC CL (surprise upgrade!) and we overlapped by a few days while staying at POP. They took us up to their rooms and chatted up the cast members about how they were showing us the good life...we were offered food in the lounge. Then we all took naps in their room for about an hour. No problem. We did not try to use the pool. We're not swimmers.

If you want to officially use the pools, I wonder if your family could just officially register those who want to use the pool for the $10/night rate? Even if you are not sleeping there?

15. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Here's the deal with bringing guests to your resort pool. The official policy is that only guests of the resort (not guests of guests) may use the resort pools. You'll find signs posted with this information at all resort pools.

Lifeguards have been known to make exceptions for guests of guests if the pool is not crowded. As the lifeguards are the ones responsible for safety in the pool area, it's their call, not the front desk's.

If you'd like to have a guest join you at SAB, just ask the CM checking IDs at the entrance to the pool area. If the pool's not too busy, they may well allow it.

Sneaking people into the pool area, by whatever means, isn't recommended unless your guests have a high embarrassment threshold. Disney has been stepping up enforcement of the resort-guests-only policy lately, and there have been many reports of people without resort IDs being evicted from the pools.

16. tgoralski

I'll post in couple of weeks when I get home and let you know how it went.

17. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

There is no such thing. Doesn't exist.

And non-concierge guests should not partake of the concierge offerings. Just not right.

18. WTP

WTP Mouseketeer

OK, maybe I'm confused, but when I booked my hotel it was a certain rate for the room, and then a $10 a person charge for each additional adult per night. I have seen other threads about people asking about some family member joining them at Disney for just part of the stay--and people answered that you could indeed add people for part of the stay, provided you payed the extra charge. Of course this would only be possible if it was within the limits of the room.

and please don't judge me for being OFFERED a soda by a CM after my FIL told the CM that I was his DIL visiting from the POP! I didn't come there to be greedy. I didn't even know what CL was. :confused3 We were there to nap after a day at Epcot together and I was offered a soda. Of course it was in the afternoon so maybe they wouldn't have offered my any "real" food. But gee, people here are quick to pass judgment! Yikes! :eek:

19. WTP

WTP Mouseketeer

And I have one more thing to add:

The next time a CM tries to sprinkle pixie dust on me at Disney, I'll be sure to tell them "no thank you. Deb&Bill from the DisBoards holds me to a high standard. I get ONLY what I expressly pay for! No upgrades, offers of kindness, or freebies allowed, thank you!" :rolleyes:

20. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Let's keep the conversation friendly.....:)

21. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

I don't see anything wrong with that because if the Cast Member offered you a soda they obviously saw nothing wrong about doing that.